offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think you're worried about nothing. At the most it's your sister's vivid imagination at play. If you look at any graphic that isn't a photo-quality reproduction but rather a sketch, there will be people who see all sorts of things. There were people who complained that McDonald's "Golden Arches" represented the same thing, a woman's legs in an inappropriate position...

I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I happen to know that you've been thinking about nothing else since April of 2007.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
But THIS? SERIOUSLY? If it looks like any living thing, I'd say it looks like the Yeti's head.
Granted, I'm saying that because EE's logo actually uses the Yeti's head as a mountain.
ExpeditionEverest_logo_3230.jpg

I've never noticed before, but this logo looks like 38 people, 2 ducks, 6 pigeons, and a dolphin engaged in acts so horrific they should be banned. I recommend tilting your head a little to the left if you want to get the correct viewing angle.

mrdisman

yeah...stop wearing it

hi last year when i was in wdw i bought an everest tshirt (after id just been on the soft opening ride),in feb 2006, ive worn it twice (its disney so i lookafter it) and on the occasions ive worn it people look at it with disgust and it wasnt until my sister pointed it out to me that it lloks like a women on her back with her legs open! and undermeath it says 'scream like a girl!'
see pic, i wanted to know how i could get in touch with disney and what there comments were .any one know.looking at the shirt now and if you didnt know what the shirt was for it does look like a woman on her back! and im not comfortable wearing it any more!
DSC01657.jpg
any one know what to do?

mrdisman

I've never noticed before, but this logo looks like 38 people, 2 ducks, 6 pigeons, and a dolphin engaged in acts so horrific they should be banned. I recommend tilting your head a little to the left if you want to get the correct viewing angle.

lol...now that was the funniest post I've read all day :D

mergatroid

It looks like a girl with her legs spread.

A rather deformed girl though I think you would have to agree? One leg looks broken and longer than the other but that could be another possible explanation for the screaming that is described in the logo. If this were the case however, it would make the t shirt even creepier and something akin to the rather splendid tv series 'Hannibal' :eek:

GenerationX

Wow, no, I don't see that at all. Your screen resolution must be much better than mine. Or much worse. You're thinking of the title card for that Disney movie spoof, The Aristocrats.

Victor Kelly

ROFL, really? Really? If people think that shirt is offensive they need to grow skin and get their minds out of the gutter. Neither my wife or I can see anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom