# of Animated Character Costumes

tathompson87

Original Poster
I know that there is Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Timon, Rafiki & The entire 100 Acre Woods crew. And now I see that there is one for Baloo. Its being used in the "Believe" show on the Disney Dream. It makes me wonder how many are in exsitance or are in the works. And if we'll get some shows to show them off.

And for that matter wheres Pluto??????

Here are some links to the Baloo one.

http://cdn.stitchkingdom.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/disney_dream_believe/img_9363.jpg+

http://cdn.stitchkingdom.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/disney_dream_believe/img_9346.jpg+

This technology is great. I like how for certain characters (Tigger and Baloo) they actually look like they do in cartoon form.

Boba Fett

Sorry if i sound dumb (i'm new to the boards), but by animated costumes do you mean the ones with the blinking eyes and moving mouths? I just came back from WDW a week ago and it was my first time seeing them when we watched the Dreams show. I pointed it out to my wife and said "Wow that is so cool, look at that!" Then she thought it was cool too.

I hope they make many more characters like this as well, especially some Pixars like Toy Story and Up. Can anyone explain to me how the heads work? Do the cast members inside control them somehow or are they preset? And how does it affect the viewing area for the CM inside?

juscet

I am not sure what you mean either. There are so many animated characters in the Disney/Pixar vault and they are too many that show up in the parks to list in this spot.:)

tathompson87

Original Poster
I said "technology" so I assume it would be obvious what I was talking about...

But for the record I'm talking about the costumes that are animated, meaning they blink and the mouths open and close.

Please forgive me, but I am naturally sarcastic, so I hope you dont take as me being rude, but come on people.

Bravo 229

I know that there is Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Timon, Rafiki & The entire 100 Acre Woods crew. And now I see that there is one for Baloo. Its being used in the "Believe" show on the Disney Dream. It makes me wonder how many are in exsitance or are in the works. And if we'll get some shows to show them off.

And for that matter wheres Pluto??????

Here are some links to the Baloo one.

http://cdn.stitchkingdom.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/disney_dream_believe/img_9363.jpg+

http://cdn.stitchkingdom.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/disney_dream_believe/img_9346.jpg+

This technology is great. I like how for certain characters (Tigger and Baloo) they actually look like they do in cartoon form.

Pluto doesn't speak, so maybe that's why they haven't made one? :shrug:

WDWJedi

I highly DOUBT you will see these types of costumes in the parks anytime soon. I mean...they tinkered with fans at one point and scraped them because of the noise and costs. I can imagine the costs involved with maintenance on these costumes and I just don't see allowing park CM's run around with them...it's hard enough keeping the ones they have serviceable...

RSoxNo1

The rumor I was hearing was that they would debut in the character breakfasts prior to being walk around characters.

peter11435

I highly DOUBT you will see these types of costumes in the parks anytime soon. I mean...they tinkered with fans at one point and scraped them because of the noise and costs. I can imagine the costs involved with maintenance on these costumes and I just don't see allowing park CM's run around with them...it's hard enough keeping the ones they have serviceable...

They have been being used daily in the parks for a couple years now.

MickeyMind

wow i didnt know baloo was a animated. Does anyone have video of him? come to think of it I havent seen any of the hundred acre gang moving besides tigger

disnyfan89

I said "technology" so I assume it would be obvious what I was talking about...

But for the record I'm talking about the costumes that are animated, meaning they blink and the mouths open and close.

Please forgive me, but I am naturally sarcastic, so I hope you dont take as me being rude, but come on people.
The term I believe you are looking for is "Articulated" character heads. Baloo looks AMAZING! I really hope they bring this new design/look into the regular character meet and greets.

My general opinion is that this technology will become widespread ONLY after they are added to all shows and parades.

tathompson87

Original Poster
The term I believe you are looking for is "Articulated" character heads. Baloo looks AMAZING! I really hope they bring this new design/look into the regular character meet and greets.

My general opinion is that this technology will become widespread ONLY after they are added to all shows and parades.

I dont like the term "Articulated" being used in reference to the costumes, so that's why I did not use it. Animated is the term that properly fits, because thats what they are : Animated Costumes. They move, and give lifelike apperances...

Can movements even be articulated??? I thought the word referenced speech for the most part. :shrug: dah well...

sublimesting

I dont like the term "Articulated" being used in reference to the costumes, so that's why I did not use it. Animated is the term that properly fits, because thats what they are : Animated Costumes. They move, and give lifelike apperances...

Can movements even be articulated??? I thought the word referenced speech for the most part. :shrug: dah well...

articulate is a point of movement of a joint or a clearly distinct sylabel in a word or something with a meaningful part in regards to a whole. Articulated would be a proper word but would more be used only to define specific jointed areas.

WDWJedi

There have always been SOME "animated" characters...but they usually clickity clack and make noise...which detracts from what you are trying to do as a "friend" of a character. That is why you don't see many characters with that type of technology...NOW..technology always changes things...I can tell you there isn't a DAY that goes by that cooling fans aren't prayed for... Hydrate is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

WDWJedi

I will have to say that I love that costume...most of the friends of MM could always wiggle the nose...but from what I heard it was uncomfortable to do.

Phonedave

There have always been SOME "animated" characters...but they usually clickity clack and make noise...which detracts from what you are trying to do as a "friend" of a character. That is why you don't see many characters with that type of technology...NOW..technology always changes things...I can tell you there isn't a DAY that goes by that cooling fans aren't prayed for... Hydrate is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

Do friends have access to cooling vests?

I would think so.

-dave

WDWJedi

I guess there good while they last :) None of it much matters in July-September...I don't think you could gain weight if you TRIED...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom