Odyssey OPEN to regular guests!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Wow.. the world is just upside down and topsy turvy today..

Garden Odyssey Festival CenterNew! – Daily 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Begin your own garden odyssey and get tips on how to make the most of your day at the Festival. Find information, guest speakers, specialty merchandise and more! (Located between Test Track and the Mexico Pavilion.)

For the duration of the Flower and Garden festival.

MickeyTigg

Why don't they just open it as a restaurant? People are complaining, especially the locals that there aren't any sitdown restaurants that you can get into on short term notice or walk into anymore because of the Dining Plan...why not create a decent themed sitdown restaurant here to take some of the heat off of the others?

typhoonguy

It also holds lots of events during the Food and Wine festival, and can be booked as space for leisure groups and business meetings.

dxwwf3

It sure would be nice to step foot in there again. And Ray is right about Disney not using this space effectively. Too much prime space there for it to just be sitting.

maharet97a

Oh...I just found a picture of that building in my pictures from my first trip in '87. I wondered what it was. I remembered it still being there when we went last Feb, but didn't know what its purpose was.

typhoonguy

It sure would be nice to step foot in there again. And Ray is right about Disney not using this space effectively. Too much prime space there for it to just be sitting.
Actually, you'd be suprised how much these spaces ARE used. There were 18 events in that building in December alone. Quite a bit going on there, and because of it's set up and location, it's quite popular with leisure groups and business meetings.

There are some really cool food programs there during the F&W fest

Incredibles

I can see both sides. On one side, it is good to have a nice space available for special events. On the other side, why not add another restaurant since the Dining Plan is causing people to book up the restaurants really quickly. The Odyssey is kinda out of the way though, but that's nothing the famous Construction Wall can't take care of!

dxwwf3

Actually, you'd be suprised how much these spaces ARE used. There were 18 events in that building in December alone. Quite a bit going on there, and because of it's set up and location, it's quite popular with leisure groups and business meetings.

There are some really cool food programs there during the F&W fest

Oh I know it is used for those types of things, but for a location like that, it should be used for a heck of a lot more than private groups and minor exhibit areas during F&W.

barnum42

What's The Odessy?

The building that sits on stilts between TT and Mexico. It was a restaurant from opening day and then just closed up sometime in the mid 90s. It was mainly just quick service stuff like burgers.

And if you can't picture it in your mind's eye, here it is:

EP_WS_Odyssey_mg.jpg

slappy magoo

No offense, but I'd be more curious as to the number of events using that space in months NOT-December. It could still be used a lot, but it seems to me that December would be a prime month for a hall like Odyssey, with companies or other organizations setting up large holiday gatherings/parties for employees/members. How often was it used in November or January?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom