News Odyssey becoming a flex space

P_Radden

Side note: Browsing Odyssey pics, I just noticed these fountains in the lake out front. I've never seen these operational when there in person..
the-odyssey-at-epcot-now-serving-craft-beers.jpg

Otterhead

I would be happier to hear they were remodeling and upgrading it into a fabulous new restaurant...
One other note -- this unfortunately wouldn't really be possible with the space available. The Odyssey's kitchen space is shared with the staff cafeteria just behind the building; they wouldn't be able to make it into a snazzy restaurant with an upscale kitchen space without also moving the CM cafeteria.

BoarderPhreak

One other note -- this unfortunately wouldn't really be possible with the space available. The Odyssey's kitchen space is shared with the staff cafeteria just behind the building; they wouldn't be able to make it into a snazzy restaurant with an upscale kitchen space without also moving the CM cafeteria.
Besides, where would they make all of Epcot's pretzels then?

castlecake2.0

I'm just glad its not being removed. I wonder if the restrooms and first aid center are part of that decision.

It also host’s the main cafeteria for cast members (the other one being behind the kitchen of Liberty Inn) custodial dispatch control, and kitchens that support ODF vending. It’s actully a pretty productive place!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They could make it into a pleasant CSR then. Imagine.

Seriously, hopefully this bodes well for the buildings not-so-definite future.

P_Radden

It also host’s the main cafeteria for cast members (the other one being behind the kitchen of Liberty Inn) custodial dispatch control, and kitchens that support ODF vending. It’s actully a pretty productive place!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CMs stop using the cafeteria/break room facilities some years ago?

castlecake2.0

Hey, maybe the cast would like some snazzy food on their break! Lol

castlecake2.0

THERES A SUBWAY IN ODYSSEY? I need to see pics of this.

Just looks like a subway kiosk you find in a mall food court ;). I don’t think I have any pics from inside but it’s very similar in style and color to why you see on the guest side of the building. Except there’s big pictures on the wall of cast from every pavilion waving and smiling and TVs hanging from the ceiling usually playing CNN and family feud.

Jtdancy

On the latest Disney Dish podcast with Jim and Len, Jim says the Imagineers have been trying to possibly fast track a Black Panther ride/experience at the WOL pavillion. Hmmm.....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Same use, but remodeled to be a really good flex space rather than a flex space awkwardly worked into a former restaurant. Remodeled to better "flex" with more windows so that it isn't such a dark dungeon.
How about instead of a "really good" flex space, they make it "really really good" flex space?

Castle Cake Apologist

THERES A SUBWAY IN ODYSSEY? I need to see pics of this.

There's also one in the Utilidors under MK. It's really nothing to be excited about... it's just a normal boring Subway counter, like you'd find at a mall or in a gas station.

Photography is not allowed backstage, and I doubt anybody has wasted a backstage photo opportunity on the Subway counters, so I wouldn't be too hopeful for pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom