October Role Call

Sorry guys but I had to start it. October is my favorite time to go to WDW! So who else will be there? When are you going? Where are you staying? Are you going to MNSSHP and if so, which night? If you're going, are you dressing up? Feel free to share any details.

We are going Oct. 7-15! And for the first time in all of our trips, we are staying off-site. We are going with another family who has never been before. They have 5 kids so it is more cost effective for us to share a rental house that is about 3 miles from the parks. Anyway, we are going to the Oct 10 MNSSHP, and can't wait. My 10yoDS is going as Jack Sparrow (of course) and 3yoDD is going as Snow White. Not sure if my 16yoDD is dressing up.

I think the thing that i am looking forward to the most is taking another family who has never been to WDW. I hope we can break them in well.

Anyway, who else will be there in October???:wave:

MASTER MNSSHP LIST:
Sept 15:
Sept 22:
Sept 29: SGT623,
Oct 2: IneedaWDWfix, Rhuarac, JimboJones123, WDWCMAmanda, Fallen Angel,
Oct 5: MouseearsDeb, Cindyrella, Master Yoda, New2WDW, Foolish Mortal, Burgstressera,tink68, rudilantfury
Oct 6: trr313, pocahontas79, MSTINKHERBELL01, Delly,
Oct 10: Buzz Lightyear, David, Senderella, DVC Dave, Space1205Mount, jchriscandy, asvt, imamouse, Jennih, ddrongowski,
Oct 12: Tinkrbell, David, Disney MDACK, parker kim, hardcard, parker kim
Oct 16: littlemom_3
Oct 17: PuckEars, WDWCMAmanda,
Oct 19:
Oct 20: disneygirl03, TiggerificChick, lunalovegoddess
Oct 23: meatloafsfan, Maleficent98,
Oct 24: jjgoo, dmperry134, patelaine1953, CMSomeday, ddbutts1
Oct 26: mikesoccer40, wedoada, diebolds,
Oct 27: stankly182, meatloafsfan,
Oct 30: blackerbys17, lulabell1972, tunaman68
Oct 31: sleepybear, luvthemagic, rob45, WDWCMAmanda, PetePan, AMartin767

Suggested Meet-n-Greet
Oct 5: Bridge from the hub to Tomorrowland, just after the first parade.
Oct 10: Haunted Mansion 8:00 for meet then ride!

Senderella

Sorry guys but I had to start it. October is my favorite time to go to WDW! So who else will be there? When are you going? Where are you staying? Are you going to MNSSHP and if so, which night? If you're going, are you dressing up? Feel free to share any details.

We are going Oct. 7-15! And for the first time in all of our trips, we are staying off-site. We are going with another family who has never been before. They have 5 kids so it is more cost effective for us to share a rental house that is about 3 miles from the parks. Anyway, we are going to the Oct 10 MNSSHP, and can't wait. My 10yoDS is going as Jack Sparrow (of course) and 3yoDD is going as Snow White. Not sure if my 16yoDD is dressing up.

I think the thing that i am looking forward to the most is taking another family who has never been to WDW. I hope we can break them in well.

How funny! Exact same dates as us even down to MNSSHP. This'll be our first time to go in October. I'm planning on dressing up (somewhat) as the Queen of Hearts.. at least this week that's the plan... and I think dh is considering dressing up as Jack Sparrow.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
How funny! Exact same dates as us even down to MNSSHP. This'll be our first time to go in October. I'm planning on dressing up (somewhat) as the Queen of Hearts.. at least this week that's the plan... and I think dh is considering dressing up as Jack Sparrow.

That's Great!!! We'll be looking for ya. BTW, you will LOVE WDW in Oct. :wave:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

September 30th - October 6th for us! MNSSHP on October 5th! We spent all our money just to get down and will not have costumes.:cry: But can not wait to be at the World.

Will be looking for small green guy dressed as Jack Sparrow followed around by ladies from Tortuga!:lol:

Upvote 0

Senderella

September 30th - October 6th for us! MNSSHP on October 5th! We spent all our money just to get down and will not have costumes.:cry: But can not wait to be at the World.

Will be looking for small green guy dressed as Jack Sparrow followed around by ladies from Tortuga!:lol:

Make your costumes!! Anything's possible if you put a little creativity/creative thinking into it. At first, DH & I were going to go as Lilo & Stitch. I had found some fabric in the Lilo print and was going to make a long top (think the trend of the long dress looking top w/ jeans) and leave my hair down and grab one of the flower combs & leis from DH's bday party luau. DH was going to wear a stitch blue top w/ my stitch headband & hands we got back in Feb. Since I've got a lot to do between now & then, I don't want to have to tackle a sewing project so I rethought it. I'm having a queen of hearts tshirt printed up and I found a crown that'll work and my best friend & I are going to make the staff thingie she has that has the heart on top. Get creative!!

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

We will be on property (Disney's Beach Club Villas/Villas at the Wilderness Lodge) From Oct 4th through Oct 14th.

We will also be at MNSSHP on October 10th for the first time. We are so excited! My 6 yo DD will be dressing up as Belle. She will be getting a Make over at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique that day and she is VERY excited for that. We are trying to decide if we will be dressing up. Do you guys? My daughter wants us to, but....we don't know.

I am excited/jealous that you get to bring a first time Disney visitor with you. We tried very hard to have some friends or family come and have a Magical Gathering with us, but we could get no takers.

Anyway IM or personal message me or email me anytime for some disney chat!

Upvote 0

csm7030

We were going from 10/5 to 10/9, but added the 4th to get the $59 AP rate at Pop Century for the entire stay!!! 5 nights is costing less that 4!!! We love going anytime, but the fall for the Food and Wine Festival is probably our favorite. The Eat to the Beat Concerts are a blast, plus we enjoy the World Showcase at EPCOT the most anyway. The time after Thanksgiving leading up to Christmas is also great. You get all of the holiday magic with a little smaller crowds. Last year we went in early October and late November. This year we have been in March and going back as indicated above.

Upvote 0

stankly182

We will be there October 26-October 29th. We will be going to MNSSHP on October 27th! I have never been before so it should be fun! We are staying at POP for the second time this year.

Upvote 0

Senderella

I am excited/jealous that you get to bring a first time Disney visitor with you. We tried very hard to have some friends or family come and have a Magical Gathering with us, but we could get no takers.

It is hard to get takers! You'd think it'd be easier. We've tried like twice to get one of our best friends to come with us but he's always flaked out on us. This is the same guy who will plunk down 1700 for MUSIC EQUIPMENT but claims he can't come up with the money for Disney. riiiiiiight. :hammer: We're taking my MIL this trip. She hasn't been in 23 years so it'll be interesting. When she went last time, she was chasing after 2 little boys and didn't really get to do much herself.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster

I know, I am really looking forward to taking them. They are extremely excited about going. This may sound silly, but, I just get excited when they call to ask us questions about the trip. She called us from the Disney store the other day to ask us a question about the kid's MNSSHP costumes. They are really getting fired up about the trip, and so am I. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We are going 28 Oct until 11 Nov, but haven't booked accomodation yet. Only just made it into Oct! We are not going to MNSSHP, because we arrive on the 28th, and I think the following nights will already be sold out.

Someone mentioned the Hallowishes fireworks. Is there anywhere just out of the park that we could watch these? Maybe at the TTC or one of the monorail hotels?

I often wondered if you could watch Wishes from the ferry dock at the TTC. We watched the fireworks last time we were in the MK, and the crowds leaving the park were awful. It took us about an hour and a half to get back to our hotel! I was hoping to get as far as the ferry dock, wait there for the fireworks, and make a quick exit! Is this possible?

Upvote 0

wedoada

We are going as a two family group of 8 from 21-28 October and will be staying offsite.

Our night for MNSSHP is 26 October and it will be the first time we have been for the Halloween fun.

So far we have Darth Vader, a jedi, cinderella, fairy god-mother, cindrellie's little mouse, a giant whoopie cushion, a girl pirate (not a wench) and waiting on the last little guy.....you won't miss us. LOL

Upvote 0

csm7030

We are going 28 Oct until 11 Nov, but haven't booked accomodation yet. Only just made it into Oct! We are not going to MNSSHP, because we arrive on the 28th, and I think the following nights will already be sold out.

Someone mentioned the Hallowishes fireworks. Is there anywhere just out of the park that we could watch these? Maybe at the TTC or one of the monorail hotels?

I often wondered if you could watch Wishes from the ferry dock at the TTC. We watched the fireworks last time we were in the MK, and the crowds leaving the park were awful. It took us about an hour and a half to get back to our hotel! I was hoping to get as far as the ferry dock, wait there for the fireworks, and make a quick exit! Is this possible?

We watched them from the beach at the Poly last year and they were AWESOME. We went to the Christmas party the next month and were in the park for that special edition of Wishes. It was harder to see them from right beneath them and wished we had left the park and went back to the beach at the Poly. Another great place to watch them is from the observation deck of the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort.

Upvote 0

meatloafsfan

October 21-28 at the Beach Club

MNSSHP October 23rd and 27th.

We're dressing up but we can't decide on costumes.

It's a group of four adults - my dad wants to go as a scarecrow, and for my mom to go as a pumpkin, my cousin to go as a farmer, and me to go as a crow.

I will not be a crow (final answer).

At this point I am not sure if we can come up with a group costume or if we will have to revert to individual costumes.

For the 2nd MNSSHP, we are just wearing Halloween shirts and visors.

Upvote 0

Disney MDACK

I'll be there oct.9-16. Going to MNSSHP on the 12th and staying at the CB :drevil: . Probably going to seaworld also which is nice for a change since I have never been there.

Upvote 0

tricia321

tricia

Hi! We are going in October, from the 3rd to 11th. We love it then, still warm but not oppresive. Plus, school has just started so the kids are not being pulled out in the middle of lots of classwork. We have a long weekend, due to the holiday, plus teacher conference day, so they don't miss all of the days.
We are staying at Pop too! Seems like a lot of people are! :wave:

Upvote 0

LeeLee D

I'll be there 9/30 - 10/1. Spending my B-Day (10/1) in EPCOT. I wanted to do MNSSHP, but I am have budget issues and had to choose between that and MVMCP. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom