O Canada is open and some other stuff

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hey folks, just in from a short trip to Epcot.

O Canada was open, and i'll post some overall thoughts and details laters.. Got a few pics of construction and such, saw the mysterious light in SSE, and also they're building a tower crane at Contemporary.

So, lemme chill for a few and there shall be an update.

Lucky596

O Canada

I saw the new O Canada film today. I really enjoyed it. It is a much needed update. Martin Short is funny as always. The film itself is about 14 minutes and Martin Short does a great job adding humor to the film and some Epcot specific jokes. The new film footage does a great job utilizing the Circle vision 360 camera, giving us some new breathtaking images of the countryside and cityscapes of Canada. Go check out!

:D :sohappy:

NewfieFan

I saw the new O Canada film today. I really enjoyed it. It is a much needed update. Martin Short is funny as always. The film itself is about 14 minutes and Martin Short does a great job adding humor to the film and some Epcot specific jokes. The new film footage does a great job utilizing the Circle vision 360 camera, giving us some new breathtaking images of the countryside and cityscapes of Canada. Go check out!

:D :sohappy:
Glad to hear! I'm Canadian so it'll be interesting to see if they added any of my home province - Newfoundland (otherwise known as "The Rock")!

TomorrowlandTyler

I thought the new Canada film today was Pretty Good...I certainly wasn't blown away but I thought it was Well Done. I like the new film footage and thankfully they saved a good portion of the previous footage. The thing I missed was it had less footage synced to music than the previous version and had more narration. I did like how it ended...Don't want to give it away but I like how it was Epcot Specific...The rest of the guests in my show found it hilarious. I also loved the new vocals of the song O Canada.

CaptainMichael

I didn't get to go to the parks after work today because of the rain:(

I'll definitely try to make it tomorrow though.

Also, they are building a seawall on the Contemporary shore by the waterbridge to cut down on erosion.

Look for me sailing the 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake tomorrow!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Just letting folks know i didn't forget this thread. I have a flight out tomorrow which has incurred some drama, so i gotta get that fixed first. Post other stuffs as soon as possible.

Horizons1

I did like how it ended...Don't want to give it away but I like how it was Epcot Specific...The rest of the guests in my show found it hilarious. I also loved the new vocals of the song O Canada.

Would you mind PMing me the ending? I would love to find out what happened. Thanks.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okie dokie, photo time:

831aug8.jpg

Aint it pretty? Though notice how it looks.. unbalanced?

There's a reason..

831aug2.jpg

Here's a close-up of the change, makes the space much bigger and SSE look much taller.

831aug1.jpg

Next, Canada was open.

831aug3.jpg

It was a good film. Eva Avilia made the song sound nice, if a little pop-radio, but still good. The opening was great and really attacked all the cliches head on. Also, it really poked fun at the Epcot travelogue film in general. Best part? Remember that old footage of kids playing hockey? "I was a fantastic hockey player as a kid in the 70's! And isn't wonderful that my parents just happened to have a circlevision camera so that I can show it to you?"

Anywho, before we leave Epcot. Here's the security roof-thingies relocated, underneath the inbound monorail line.

831aug4.jpg

And, faint, but certainly there.. a whole family of Ladders hanging in the Siemens lounge...

831aug9.jpg

Off to the Contemporary, and they are doing some work on the 4th floor outside the massive window and near the monorail entrance...

831aug6.jpg

And they dun built themself a crane.. which can build itself larger.. totally not a 15 story building.

831aug5.jpg

Finally, inside they've made lots of progress on removing the old tile and laying new stuff..

831aug7.jpg

And that's it for this little update - enjoy!

Jorden

yeah as of yesterday CDN Attractions people were telling me that it was still not going to open today but they were going to try to have a few magical moments where they pull people in to see it. As it was I didn't find out it was open until well into EMH after telling people it was still closed until tomorrow... good to see the internal communication is great!

Figment82

I saw that O'Canada read "Open" and went over there in the middle of the deluge. Walked right in (perfect timing) and the hostess was hilarious - listing off fun facts about Canada and quizzing the audience. She seemed genuinely interested to hear how everyone liked the movie.

I must say, I loved the old film despite its cheesiness, so I was sorry to see it go. I do not like Martin Short at all, but he was perfect in this film. It was a great blend of humor, camp, drama, and beauty. For the first time, no one walked out during the show and everyone applauded at the end. Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey) was given a beautiful makeover. All in all I was quite pleased!

uklad79

They are laying new flooring around those old shops in the Contemporary, surely these stores will be removed when the new central one opens? They are awful design with the glass 80's style roofs on them.

SDav10495

Okie dokie, photo time:

831aug8.jpg

Aint it pretty? Though notice how it looks.. unbalanced?

That is a stunning shot...LaL still looks as cluttered as ever, but something about the light in the sky, the light on SSE and the light on the slabs goes together really nicely here (still, get 'em out of there).

And I totally didn't get the "imbalance" the first...oh, 5 times I looked at the close-up shot. Then I saw the palms! They look terrific--a very nice choice. Just wish they'd replace the shapeless trees out front with those old towering beauties.

Glad to hear that O' Canada seems to be a smart, tasteful and enjoyable replacement! Thanks for the update.

cooleo

Thanks for the update Merf. Your pic of SSE is awesome as usual. I agree with the post above about the lighting on the various components of that pic. :animwink:

The Mak

So long, twinkling square trees! You were cheesy but I liked still liked you.

We'll always have the twinkling innoventions pavement, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom