O Canada and China

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is China going seamless at least? The Epcot Experience gave me the impression that at least THAT one would be seamless.
I was under the impression all were, though I think I said earlier with Canada not originally retaining an attraction that seems to have changed things (I assume so they can recycle older footage) - ironically the TSR proposal was seamless.

justintheharris

I was under the impression all were, though I think I said earlier with Canada not originally retaining an attraction that seems to have changed things (I assume so they can recycle older footage) - ironically the TSR proposal was seamless.
Rather disappointing and a waste of money on Disney's part.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there a new version of My Canada or is it a new song for the film?
New version
Rather disappointing and a waste of money on Disney's part.
On the contrary, it’s rather good. And nothing like the direction elsewhere. The digital transfer looks great. Apparently. There again it should being 9 X 3 chip laser DLP.

Here’s a first. You being negative and me defending the company!

Last edited:

Bender123

New version

On the contrary, it’s rather good. And nothing like the direction elsewhere. The digital transfer looks great. Apparently. There again it should being 9 X 3 chip laser DLP.

Watched a stream of it online, and I admit...its pretty good. Humor is sort of low key and the only thing that will really date it is the reference to the Raptors NBA championship, but overall it looks positive.

trainplane3

New version

Apparently it's up on youtube already. I was only able to spot 2 sections of reused film. The foggy forest and the opening of the song, where they encircle the camera. They may be reshoots though. Regardless, it's a really great update.

Villains0501

Apparently it's up on youtube already. I was only able to spot 2 sections of reused film. The foggy forest and the opening of the song, where they encircle the camera. They may be reshoots though. Regardless, it's a really great update.

Just found it on YouTube. I like the addition of the map for reference. I hope that carries over into the new China film as well. It sounded like the same recording of the song at the end, but with different film clips. Doesn't bother me since I love the original recording.

I didn't find it nearly as funny as the Martin Short version, which is odd since Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are both terrifically funny actors. It felt far more book report-like. But I liked the new footage and expanded geographic scope.

Expo_Seeker40

Just saw the new Canada film on Youtube. Loved it! The restoration/salvation of some of the original scenes looks great along with some of the 2007 footage and new footage being nicely incorporated in.

The new narration is nice, direct, and fun, not over-the-top cheesy with Martin Short.

stuart

I must say I really am quite impressed with this version.

I picked up on a few pieces of re-used and enhanced looking footage.

A number of city views, inc Ottawa
The Train scene
The Mountie scene
1000 mile bridge / St Lawrence River
Banff Springs
Ocean view in My Canada
Road flyover
Maritimes area flyover
Harvest flyover
Prairie view
(I'm sure those four above come one after another in the previous version too)
Flying through two towers

Last edited:

trainplane3

I picked up on a few pieces of re-used and enhanced looking footage.

A number of city views, inc Ottawa
The Train scene
The Mountie scene
1000 mile bridge / St Lawrence River
Banff Springs
Ocean view in My Canada
Road flyover
Maritimes area flyover
Harvest flyover
Prairie view
(I'm sure those four above come one after another in the previous version too)
Flying through two towers
Good eye! It's been a while since I saw it (July). I really can't wait to see it in person.

aladdin2007

well color me impressed!!! and I am getting a Horizons vibe with that narration, anyone else?
I only hope China receives the same style treatment without a screaming cartoon Mushu as host.
too bad Impressions de France had to get the ax for the most part.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

The new narration hardcore reminds me of Horizons, and while I'm glad they kept the song it would've been nice to hear a new version. The 2007 version of the song is good, but it's kind of annoying how "idol" it sounds.

Agreed.

The original version was cheesy, but timelessly so.

The 2007 version is just cheesy.

glendroid

Canadian here. Unimpressed with the amount of reused footage for the 360 cityscapes. Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto look way different from then and I don’t think it shows the proper vibe of any of them. I get limited costs to get it back in business, but would have liked more.

Beyond that, I’m just happy they updated it. Suggestions I would have:
-updated cityscapes (reshoot Vancouver while the Disney magic is in port)
-a touch more hockey and lacrosse
-winter festival in quebec

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I guess I’m in the minority then.

Too book report’ish, and to me, it shows less diversity than the previous iteration. Less diversity in our people, our sports, our climate.

So. Much. Skating.

I miss Marty. Oskee wee wee.

Cmdr_Crimson

New version

The new narration hardcore reminds me of Horizons, and while I'm glad they kept the song it would've been nice to hear a new version. The 2007 version of the song is good, but it's kind of annoying how "idol" it sounds.
After listening to it..It's still sung by Eva Avila..They just re-scored the song and used the 07 Version of her singing.....

New Version..

07 Version...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom