O Canada and China

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Seems there either was some confusion about both Canada and China being seamless OR they changed their minds and decided not to make Canada seamless (Though I would GUESS that means different filming techniques overall and that they can't re-use old footage).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seems there either was some confusion about both Canada and China being seamless OR they changed their minds and decided not to make Canada seamless (Though I would GUESS that means different filming techniques overall and that they can't re-use old footage).
I can only assume given O’Canada was originally pitched to be replaced with a dining area, it was deemed prudent to reuse some old footage (as they have done) to keep the overhaul costs down.

AdventureMP4z

I can only assume given O’Canada was originally pitched to be replaced with a dining area, it was deemed prudent to reuse some old footage (as they have done) to keep the overhaul costs down.

is that still on the table and this just a temporary thing? If so, that may be why they update it just to say they’ve updated something...

trainplane3

Funnily enough the dining concept was to have a seamless front projection wrap around screen of cityscapes. The fact it would have been another money making TSR makes this attraction refresh more... surprising.
Would that have been merged with the steakhouse next door or would there just be two TSRs next to each other?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Funnily enough the dining concept was to have a seamless front projection wrap around screen of cityscapes. The fact it would have been another money making TSR makes this attraction refresh more... surprising.

Cityscapes is fine, and that's basically what they're doing with Space 220, just different scenery (and what they did on one of the Disney cruise ships too)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Cityscapes is fine, and that's basically what they're doing with Space 220, just different scenery (and what they did on one of the Disney cruise ships too)
It did remind me of DCLs Skyline. For once saner minds prevailed though for a park that has enough TSR.

At least there should be no more projector noise.

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Shocking to see the team have ‘bottled it‘ with a simple digital upgrade to the 1970 circlevision concept. Poor show really in this age; should not have bothered and done it properly in a few years time.
I agree. If they were not going seamless, they should have just transfered the Martin Short version to digital projection. I really liked Martin Short version and the only thing that this project made me excited for was the seamless screen.

i am very disappointed. I will go in and try to not let it guide my opinion of seeing it in person in June, but I cant guarantee anything.

techgeek

At least there should be no more projector noise.

I, for one, thought the muffled sounds of 9 projectors all coming up to speed in sync brought its own kind of magic to a circlevision experience. EPCOT was full of mechanical innovations and engineering feats like that.

I‘ll miss it, even though I don’t deny the advantages of digital. It was time to move on.

justintheharris

How old is the China movie. Saw it yesterday and imagined Shanghai and Hong Kong look much different now.
It's funny because on my trip to Hong Kong, I went to the tallest building in Hong Kong (International Finance Centre) and the film doesn't even include it in the skyline. That's how old it is. I hope the new film does so I can point it out to people I'm with and be like "I went there!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom