NuOrbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Six: Blue Skies, E Tickets

Outbound

That moves the rankings to
1. Minecraft (16)
2. Muppets (11)
3. Pooh (10)
4. Car Chase (7)
5. Cats (7)

Ok, so I did say I wanted to spend the day voting. Its only fair to give @ThatGuyFromFlorida the day, we said at the beginning we'd spend Day Three on this decision. However, at this point Minecraft holds a five-point lead, and only if That Guy put Muppets as his absolute number one would we have a tie. Therefore, I think it is safe to move on with the assumption that Minecraft is what we are going with, though I'm all ears to anyone who has a counter-point for Pooh, Muppets, or one of the other suggestions.

Until then as Minecraft was my idea, I will take up the role of PM. Now, here are my thoughts on how we'll get this done.

Minecraft-Logo.png

I think using Minecraft for a Minecraft project is a no-brainer, BUT if the team doesn't want to I understand how it may seem radical. The real challenge with it is to make it more of a group effort than it was the last time, where I built a golf course single-handily and left most of my team to just write the blueprints of said build. I have a few ideas on how to fix this though.

The first is to build it online. If anyone has a Minecraft Java account, PM me with your username and I'll add you to a Minecraft Realm. I can create a free trial with my account for a month and that will let us build the thing together. Help here is completely optional, you are also just free to view the build as it progresses. I was also thinking anyone who has an account can come together at the end of the project at a set time, and I'll record us riding the coaster together!

Overall, the key is teamwork. If you don't have Minecraft, you will still be able to participate via planning out the layout and writing the prose, which would be spoken by me to describe everything during the ride through, as well as being posted alongside the video proper.

Let's pull a #GameChangers!

1593644723830.png

AceAstro

Ok, so I did say I wanted to spend the day voting. Its only fair to give @ThatGuyFromFlorida the day, we said at the beginning we'd spend Day Three on this decision. However, at this point Minecraft holds a five-point lead, and only if That Guy put Muppets as his absolute number one would we have a tie. Therefore, I think it is safe to move on with the assumption that Minecraft is what we are going with, though I'm all ears to anyone who has a counter-point for Pooh, Muppets, or one of the other suggestions.

Until then as Minecraft was my idea, I will take up the role of PM. Now, here are my thoughts on how we'll get this done.

View attachment 480873
I think using Minecraft for a Minecraft project is a no-brainer, BUT if the team doesn't want to I understand how it may seem radical. The real challenge with it is to make it more of a group effort than it was the last time, where I built a golf course single-handily and left most of my team to just write the blueprints of said build. I have a few ideas on how to fix this though.

The first is to build it online. If anyone has a Minecraft Java account, PM me with your username and I'll add you to a Minecraft Realm. I can create a free trial with my account for a month and that will let us build the thing together. Help here is completely optional, you are also just free to view the build as it progresses. I was also thinking anyone who has an account can come together at the end of the project at a set time, and I'll record us riding the coaster together!

Overall, the key is teamwork. If you don't have Minecraft, you will still be able to participate via planning out the layout and writing the prose, which would be spoken by me to describe everything during the ride through, as well as being posted alongside the video proper.

View attachment 480871
I do have Minecraft as well so can help with building/ riding!

Sharon&Susan

I got the Wii U version of Minecraft buried somewhere, but I'm guessing that's incompatible with the Java version...

For the ride, I think it should function as a roller coaster version of the Peoplemover that has two or three showbuilding segments with it ending in the Nether.

There shouldn't be a story for this, other than it being a tour of this space. Keep it simple this shouldn't be an adaption of the Telltale game.

AceAstro

I think the Duel Powered Coaster by Dynamics makes sense for the ride system.
D36CC6B4-1205-4D86-8779-BF6F907C7EDF.jpeg

Have a few of them linked together and themed like large minecarts is perfect. Can also add “jumps” in between biomes as a transition as this coaster can simulate that

Outbound

Some possible areas (with appropriate music from Minecraft):

Plains / Village (home of passive mobs and a small village)
1593651220293.png

Music:

Caves (home of the hostile mobs)
1593651259486.png

Music:

Nether (home of the nether mobs and leads into a nether fortress)
1593651436359.png

Music:

Woodland Mansion (home of the illagers)
1593651513370.png

Music:

Desert (home to desert temples and husks)
1593651931735.png

Music:

Underwater (home of the coral reefs, shipwrecks, and ocean monuments)
1593651656090.png

Music:

The End (home to chorus plants, elytras, and the ender dragon)
1593651710187.png

Music:

Final: A city created by players of the game, using their own imagination
1593651988722.png

Music:

AceAstro

Some possible areas (with appropriate music from Minecraft):

Plains / Village (home of passive mobs and a small village)
View attachment 480909
Music:

Caves (home of the hostile mobs)
View attachment 480910
Music:

Nether (home of the nether mobs and leads into a nether fortress)
View attachment 480911
Music:

Woodland Mansion (home of the illagers)
View attachment 480912
Music:

Desert (home to desert temples and husks)
View attachment 480921
Music:

Underwater (home of the coral reefs, shipwrecks, and ocean monuments)
View attachment 480916
Music:

The End (home to chorus plants, elytras, and the ender dragon)
View attachment 480917
Music:

Final: A city created by players of the game, using their own imagination
View attachment 480924
Music:

I love the idea of ending in a city. What if we make the Illagers mansion the facade/ loading area?

I think a snowy tundra could look nice too. with the polar bears and everything I think that biome looks really good!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

View attachment 480873

View attachment 480871

I don't have Minecraft and barely know everything about it, but as with the previous rounds (hello Middle Earth), I can do my research to catch up with you guys!

If I understood your initial story pitch, it's going to be a "peaceful tour of a biome in Minecraft" right? If we're using the dual power coaster (as pitched by @AceAstro) which I believe is very similar to the slot car/Test Track technology, why not make the story similar to the one in Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo DisneySea or Dinosaur in DAK?

We enter the Woodland Mansion (the queue) and exit to the Plains/Villages to board our ride vehicles (for now, I'm dubbing it the Holloway 2000). After some time exploring the ever-changing landscape (I'm envisioning having the set dressing change every so often since it's projection-based anyway), we encounter a fork in the road and "accidentally" redirect guests to the Caves and eventually, The End? (Sidenote: I may betaking liberties with the dimension connections here).

Outbound

I don't have Minecraft and barely know everything about it, but as with the previous rounds (hello Middle Earth), I can do my research to catch up with you guys!

If I understood your initial story pitch, it's going to be a "peaceful tour of a biome in Minecraft" right? If we're using the dual power coaster (as pitched by @AceAstro) which I believe is very similar to the slot car/Test Track technology, why not make the story similar to the one in Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo DisneySea or Dinosaur in DAK?

We enter the Woodland Mansion (the queue) and exit to the Plains/Villages to board our ride vehicles (for now, I'm dubbing it the Holloway 2000). After some time exploring the ever-changing landscape (I'm envisioning having the set dressing change every so often since it's projection-based anyway), we encounter a fork in the road and "accidentally" redirect guests to the Caves and eventually, The End? (Sidenote: I may betaking liberties with the dimension connections here).

The one challenge with Woodland Mansions is they are the home of the Illagers, who aren't your friends. I think starting off in a Mine (going through a caved facade) would be a better start. You would still go the Mansion, but it'd be home to Illagers scheming of a way to pillage the village.

My idea for the continuity:
  • Start off the tour in a well-kept mine, which quickly exits into a grassy field with some villagers, this then leads into a desert.
  • After the desert, the minecarts head "underwater" (similar effect to Little Mermaid) for a short scene, then they come up to the jungle.
  • In the jungle, the minecarts veer off course and into a dark cave. Zombies, skeletons, spiders, and creepers are hanging around. This leads to an abandoned mineshaft, where there are more dangerous cave spiders. There is a Nether Portal down here, so the minecarts head right through.
  • In the Nether Pigstep is bopping and we get a good look around before a few bunny hills near lava, this leads to to the Nether Fortress, and after a brief encounter with Blazes we go back through the Nether Portal.
  • This takes us out to the Woodland Mansion, as it would appear the Illagers have a linked portal. After a short scene traveling the mansion, we find the basement is linked to a Stronghold, which is where the End Portal is.
  • Going through the End Portal, there is the fastest part of the coaster with the Ender Dragon. It ends with its defeat and our return home through the Bedrock Portal.
  • There is a relaxing final scene showing a magnificent city built by the players of the game.
I thinking the "coaster" part would be a lot like the Seven Dwarves Mine Train in thrills. It's really about exploring the environment with a few drops and bunny hills, but never so fast you can't see what's going on.

Thoughts?

AceAstro

The one challenge with Woodland Mansions is they are the home of the Illagers, who aren't your friends. I think starting off in a Mine (going through a caved facade) would be a better start. You would still go the Mansion, but it'd be home to Illagers scheming of a way to pillage the village.

My idea for the continuity:
  • Start off the tour in a well-kept mine, which quickly exits into a grassy field with some villagers, this then leads into a desert.
  • After the desert, the minecarts head "underwater" (similar effect to Little Mermaid) for a short scene, then they come up to the jungle.
  • In the jungle, the minecarts veer off course and into a dark cave. Zombies, skeletons, spiders, and creepers are hanging around. This leads to an abandoned mineshaft, where there are more dangerous cave spiders. There is a Nether Portal down here, so the minecarts head right through.
  • In the Nether Pigstep is bopping and we get a good look around before a few bunny hills near lava, this leads to to the Nether Fortress, and after a brief encounter with Blazes we go back through the Nether Portal.
  • This takes us out to the Woodland Mansion, as it would appear the Illagers have a linked portal. After a short scene traveling the mansion, we find the basement is linked to a Stronghold, which is where the End Portal is.
  • Going through the End Portal, there is the fastest part of the coaster with the Ender Dragon. It ends with its defeat and our return home through the Bedrock Portal.
  • There is a relaxing final scene showing a magnificent city built by the players of the game.
I thinking the "coaster" part would be a lot like the Seven Dwarves Mine Train in thrills. It's really about exploring the environment with a few drops and bunny hills, but never so fast you can't see what's going on.

Thoughts?
I think the cave start is a wayyy better idea!!

Outbound

PROJECT MANAGER -- DAY 4 / 7
Alright team. We are nearing on the three-days-left mark for this project, and that's with July 4th in two days. I think it is time we begin assigning jobs and break down into our separate areas. @AceAstro and I have already begun work on the Minecraft Build, but we will also need folks to design writeups and concept art (like @Sharon&Susan has already amazingly produced).

Here's the job list, feel free to take multiple spots (such as writing and concept art).

Red: Not Taken
Orange: In Progress
Green: Complete

• BUILDERS: If you have Minecraft, you can help with the building of the miniland.
  • WRITE-UPS: Alongside the video will be a write-up variant of the project so we don't lose points with some of the judges.
    • BACKSTORY: Nothing too complicated, but I've noticed hints Disney making a movie with Minecraft in some of the concept art, so should probably have a small section dedicated to that.
    • THE RIDE: We've already begun talking about this earlier up. Will want to work with the builders to make sure it's all accurate.
      • --
    • THE GIFT SHOP: You can see the Gift Shop already constructed in the progress images above. It's a spruce building the ride exits out of. Sells Minecraft-themed merchandise.
    • A LOOK TO PHASE 2: A brief summary of some things that will come in the second phase of the land.
  • CONCEPT ART: Always a nice addition.
  • PRESENTATION: I will be editing this all into a very nice video by the round's end.
All writing and concept art should be posted in the following Google Doc. This will make it easier to organize everything on the final day. Also, please don't leave us with no information until Sunday. Us builders need a loose idea (not everything has to be detailed, just a basic exterior) to build it in-game.

Remember, one of us six will be eliminated by the end of this round. Make sure you aren't falling behind! You don't want to be cut this Sunday.

Last edited:

pix

PROJECT MANAGER -- DAY 4 / 7
Alright team. We are nearing on the three-days-left mark for this project, and that's with July 4th in two days. I think it is time we begin assigning jobs and break down into our separate areas. @AceAstro and I have already begun work on the Minecraft Build, but we will also need folks to design writeups and concept art (like @Sharon&Susan has already amazingly produced).

Here's the job list, feel free to take multiple spots (such as writing and concept art).

Red: Not Taken
Orange: In Progress
Green: Complete

• BUILDERS: If you have Minecraft, you can help with the building of the miniland.
  • WRITE-UPS: Alongside the video will be a write-up variant of the project so we don't lose points with some of the judges.
    • BACKSTORY: Nothing too complicated, but I've noticed hints Disney making a movie with Minecraft in some of the concept art, so should probably have a small section dedicated to that.
      • --
    • THE RIDE: We've already begun talking about this earlier up. Will want to work with the builders to make sure it's all accurate.
      • --
    • THE GIFT SHOP: You can see the Gift Shop already constructed in the progress images above. It's a spruce building the ride exits out of. Sells Minecraft-themed merchandise.
      • --
    • THE QUICK SERVICE EATERY: Not many ideas for this.
      • --
    • THE SIDE ATTRACTION: We've left a spot for... something. A Meet and Greet? Flat Ride? Walkthrough? You decide.
      • --
  • CONCEPT ART: Always a nice addition.
  • PRESENTATION: I will be editing this all into a very nice video by the round's end.
All writing and concept art should be posted in the following Google Doc. This will make it easier to organize everything on the final day. Also, please don't leave us with no information until Sunday. Us builders need a loose idea (not everything has to be detailed, just a basic exterior) to build it in-game.

Remember, one of us six will be eliminated by the end of this round. Make sure you aren't falling behind! You don't want to be cut this Sunday.

Just wondering if we wanted to go through with a Minecraft QSR and gift shop and secondary ride. I can take most if not all of those if we do but the prompt said one E-ticket. This isn't a mini land project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom