NuOrbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Six: Blue Skies, E Tickets

AceAstro

1. Muppets - I love the muppets and then can really work for anything. We could have a lot of fun with it!
2. CATS - I know it was a joke one but sometimes jokes are fun. I don’t know if the initial thing I mentioned would work as I thought but if this is chosen I would figure it out
3. Around the World in 80 Days - could be a perfect Discoveryland expansion!
4. Minecraft - with Nintendo, it’s clear video games are coming to parks. So this makes sense as one!
5. Godzilla - an underrated IP. Could be used in a ton of locations for a great E-ticket

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Like the original plan for Tokyo? View attachment 480610
Exactly. Just change the ride vehicles from oversized umbrellas to honey pots, and off we go.

Sure! I'm also ready to vote. The reason I've been holding out is that my plan earlier set tomorrow as voting day, but I think there are so many ideas thrown out so far we can vote now.

So here's what we'll do. We vote Top Five. I know it's usually top three, but there's so many ideas running around I want to give every one a chance. Ranking something as your first pick gives it five points, second four, and so on: I will then add them all up once all six of us vote.

THE LIST
NO IP
  • 1950s Car Chase Ride at Knotts Berry Farm
  • Feudal Japan in the place of Splash Mountain at TDL
IP BASED
  • Bambi in the place of Splash Mountain at TDL
  • Fox and the Hound in the place of Splash Mountain at TDL
  • Phineas and Ferb Roller Coaster
  • Gravity Falls retheme of Splash Mountain
  • Blade Runner
  • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  • Kill Bill
  • Into the Spiderverse
  • Inception
  • Red Dead Redemption 1 or 2
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Minecraft with building the project in-game as a presentation
  • Cats as a Joke Project (on a balloon)
  • Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Any of the Universal Classic Monsters
  • Apollo 13
  • Battleship (terrible movie but could work well for an E-Ticket)
  • The Muppets (never enough Muppets content)
  • Mary Poppins
  • Monsters Inc.
  • Meet The Robinsons
  • Jedi Temple Batuu/Force Ghosts using the Spiderman (Universal) ride system
  • Beetlejuice (lot of fun visuals we could use)
  • Metroid
  • Adam West Batman death trap ride (in Dubai!)
  • Resident Evil
  • New Twilight Zone ride, but FOCUS on the aliens!
  • Outrun (we could reuse some of our ideas with the 50's car ride if we use this idea).
  • Around the World in Eighty Days (Jules Verne) - Basically Soarin' on steroids. Could probably use the same tracked Kuka arm ride technology from Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
  • The Time Machine (H.G. Wells)
  • Indiana Jones?
  • A new take on Avatar: Flight of Passage, but utilizing spinning storytelling coaster and projection domes
  • Pooh's River Run - Basically Splash Mountain, but make it Hundred Acre Woods.
  • Journey of the Little Mermaid - expanded to utilize a multi-elemental ride system.
  • A Godzilla coaster.
  • Kingdom Hearts: could be a great interactive dark ride or a star tours type simulator.
  • The Magnus Archives
  • Atlantis: The movie needs more rep.
As you can see, there's a lot of ideas. I cut out the longer descriptions because I didn't want to get this list overcrowded but if there is any idea here that you really like, above there may be more details to how it would work.

My choices are:
  1. Pooh's River Run - I'm agreeing with @Sharon&Susan here: lots of potential for a brand new story to be told (even Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo is a rehash of the story in the original ride). My only request is that the Heffalumps and Woozles scene is the one replacing the Laughing Place sequence in SM.
  2. Into the Spider-Verse - I've explained my interest in this one (and honestly, I'm not really impressed with the Web Slingers ride so far).
  3. Mary Poppins - If we combine both stories in the original and the sequel, I think it could work as an E-ticket (the bowl chase from the sequel could add some needed action).
  4. The Muppets - I feel if we plus Runaway Railway (a very high D-ticket ride, to me at least), it would automatically be an E-ticket. There's a lot of hijinks in the show that I think would translate well into a ride.
  5. The Little Mermaid - The multi-elemental ride system hasn't been used anywhere, which I think encapsulates the "blue sky's the limit" prompt of this challenge. Starting it off as a water ride, then fully transitioning into a rail-suspended ride, and back again to a water ride could probably give us creativity points.

Sharon&Susan

Here's how the voting stands so far
Voting System: (No. 1 Choice=5 points, No. 2 Choice=4 points, etc.)
1. Minecraft (16)
2. Muppets (11)
3. Pooh (10)
4. Car Chase (7)
5. Cats (7)

Just need to hear from @ThatGuyFromFlorida
EDIT: Added gam3rprincess's vote.
EDIT 2: Changed my vote

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I can always build Pooh in Minecraft if needed... there are really accurate maps of Disneyland our for download, complete with the rides. All we would have to do is adjust the theming to Pooh, and we’d see how it’d fit to the rest of the park!
My initial idea is to actually reuse Splash Mountain's ride layout for Pooh's River Run (since Disneyland Paris doesn't have a Splash Mountain or a Winnie the Pooh ride, so why not combine both?), so this is a great idea! If we're retaining the Disneyland Paris location though, we might lose some realism points if we don't address the winter climate (since most if not all outdoor dry and wet rides in Europe shut down every winter).

mickeyfan5534

My initial idea is to actually reuse Splash Mountain's ride layout for Pooh's River Run (since Disneyland Paris doesn't have a Splash Mountain or a Winnie the Pooh ride, so why not combine both?), so this is a great idea! If we're retaining the Disneyland Paris location though, we might lose some realism points if we don't address the winter climate (since most if not all outdoor dry and wet rides in Europe shut down every winter).
I'm gonna give you a freebie here and hint at researching what Tokyo does for its water rides.

Sharon&Susan

My only concern with using the same ride track as Splash for Pooh would be that it'd be weird for a Winnie the Pooh to have a height requirement. Pooh's targeted to an even younger audience than PaTF and at DLP with no Pooh ride meant for children I can see a whole lot of problems arising at City Hall. (And for us losing some realism points).

Outbound

My only concern with using the same ride track as Splash for Pooh would be that it'd be weird for a Winnie the Pooh to have a height requirement. Pooh's targeted to an even younger audience than PaTF and at DLP with no Pooh ride meant for children I can see a whole lot of problems arising at City Hall. (And for us losing some realism points).

That's a good point. I can try copying Splash Mountain over from a Disneyland Map onto a Disneyland Paris Map, and then adjusting the height of the drop to be less intense for children.

Outbound

What are we thinking for land plots?

1593637680860.png

The Blue Space takes away a large meet and greet area themed to Woody's Roundup. This would be a cheaper and more realistic expansion.

The Red Space gives us more land, but would require cutting into some backstage. If we are going to add a bridge over the railroad (like at the other castle parks) we might as well theme the entire land to the 100 Acre Woods. I prefer this option even if the blue space is begging for redevelopment, because Frontierland as it is in DLP is very well themed with a general story, and I think intruding on that with Winnie the Pooh is the wrong step.

We could also add a play area and eatery in this 100 Acre Woods miniland.

Or should we ditch all of this and move to Fantasyland? That might make more sense now that I'm thinking it over. Only issue is not enough space for the subland: just the attraction.

1593639416942.png

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

The more I think about, the more I want to change my vote. Along with my previous concern of it being too thrilling for, I think making it a Splash clone is.... a bit underwhelming?

The original prompt points out that we can go as BIG as possible, sure a Splash clone sounds like something Disney would do, but we don't need to worry about. Especially when Team Citra is going to do something very exciting and new with Bigfoot or Japanese mythology.

I'll give some time for (maybe) someone to sway me back to Pooh, but I think I'm going to change my main vote to Minecraft or Muppets.

AceAstro

What are we thinking for land plots?

View attachment 480840

The Blue Space takes away a large meet and greet area themed to Woody's Roundup. This would be a cheaper and more realistic expansion.

The Red Space gives us more land, but would require cutting into some backstage. If we are going to add a bridge over the railroad (like at the other castle parks) we might as well theme the entire land to the 100 Acre Woods. I prefer this option even if the blue space is begging for redevelopment, because Frontierland as it is in DLP is very well themed with a general story, and I think intruding on that with Winnie the Pooh is the wrong step.

We could also add a play area and eatery in this 100 Acre Woods miniland.

Or should we ditch all of this and move to Fantasyland? That might make more sense now that I'm thinking it over. Only issue is not enough space for the subland: just the attraction.

View attachment 480848
I’d vote Red over these two. Another option is Fantasyland (since Pooh is there in WDW).

I suggest this because there is a giant expansion area there that was built up for the Matterhorn. The tunnel was even built already (and has just been left abandoned). The room is there and it already has the “infrastructure” built (red is where the tunnel is approximately and blue is the area we have to work with)

496FF985-7698-4B67-BBA2-9FE54B7E4905.jpeg

Outbound

1. 50's Car Chase: x2 everything Outbound said. Plus we don't need to come out with a super elaborate story: have it be a simple "get to your destination using the fastest route and avoid the greasers."
2. 1917: This has tons of potential to do something unique. It's not the usual type of IP you see at Disney or Universal and 360 degrees sets would really work well to bring the one cut nature of the movie to life.
3. Pooh's River Run: With how formulaic most of the Pooh rides are, I think doing something like this could really make us stand out from the rest. I would recommend we try to avoid using the same Pooh stories that are in the other versions.
4. Adam West Batman Death Trap: Think it could be very fun and campy and having a very different tone from most other Batman media. Also I think it'd be fun to armchair a ride in one of those Dubai parks.
5. Muppets: Hardest thing with the Muppets is figuring out the setting, but I do really like something like a Gonzo coaster or some type of Muppet Labs thrill rides.
Here's how the voting stands so far
Voting System: (No. 1 Choice=5 points, No. 2 Choice=4 points, etc.)
1. Pooh (13)
2. Minecraft (11)
3. Car Chase (9)
4. Muppets (8)
5. Cats (7)
In raw votes Muppets, Pooh and Minecraft are all tied at 3 votes.

Just need to hear from @ThatGuyFromFlorida
EDIT: Added gam3rprincess's vote.
The more I think about, the more I want to change my vote. Along with my previous concern of it being too thrilling for, I think making it a Splash clone is.... a bit underwhelming?

The original prompt points out that we can go as BIG as possible, sure a Splash clone sounds like something Disney would do, but we don't need to worry about. Especially when Team Citra is going to do something very exciting and new with Bigfoot or Japanese mythology.

I'll give some time for (maybe) someone to sway me back to Pooh, but I think I'm going to change my main vote to Minecraft or Muppets.

If I shifted your votes to the following (correct me if you want something else) it’s now:

1. Minecraft and Muppets tied
3. Car Chase
4. 1917
5. Adam West Batman

That moves the rankings to
1. Minecraft (16)
2. Muppets (12)
3. Pooh (10)
4. Car Chase (7)
5. Cats (7)

That puts Minecraft in the lead!

Sharon&Susan

If I shifted your votes to the following (correct me if you want something else) it’s now:

1. Minecraft and Muppets tied
3. Car Chase
4. 1917
5. Adam West Batman

That moves the rankings to
1. Minecraft (16)
2. Muppets (12)
3. Pooh (10)
4. Car Chase (7)
5. Cats (7)

That puts Minecraft in the lead!
Yep, except I'd put Muppets in 2nd place instead of having it tie with Minecraft. But, I'll wait to make it official for about 20 minutes just to see if there's a really good argument for Pooh.
EDIT:
My current vote:
1. Minecraft
2. Muppets
3. Car Chase
4. 1917
5. Adam West Batman

Minecraft is now in the lead!

Last edited:

Outbound

For Minecraft, I'm wondering where we want to put it.

According to this study here, the UK and France have some of the highest downloads of Minecraft in the world. What's interesting about this is the US has a much higher population than the UK or France, so I think it is fair to say those countries may have more people interested in the game than others.

With that in mind I wonder if Minecraft would fit in Walt Disney Studios park.

1593642170571.png

Here you can see a rough map. Any expansion in Studios Park is complicated by the pending mega-expansion of Marvel (red), Star Wars (yellow), and Frozen (aqua). Since we don't know where they will go offically, I based this off the concept art.

This leaves a rather large plot of land after TSL and Ratittoute to leave to Minecraft. I don't think we'll take up all that green, but it's good to know how much space that is.

I downloaded Disneyland Paris Resort on Minecraft and it gives us this much space to work with. More than enough for an e-ticket and some surrounding scenery.

Disneyland Parsi.png

AceAstro

For Minecraft, I'm wondering where we want to put it.

According to this study here, the UK and France have some of the highest downloads of Minecraft in the world. What's interesting about this is the US has a much higher population than the UK or France, so I think it is fair to say those countries may have more people interested in the game than others.

With that in mind I wonder if Minecraft would fit in Walt Disney Studios park.

View attachment 480857

Here you can see a rough map. Any expansion in Studios Park is complicated by the pending mega-expansion of Marvel (red), Star Wars (yellow), and Frozen (aqua). Since we don't know where they will go offically, I based this off the concept art.

This leaves a rather large plot of land after TSL and Ratittoute to leave to Minecraft. I don't think we'll take up all that green, but it's good to know how much space that is.

I downloaded Disneyland Paris Resort on Minecraft and it gives us this much space to work with. More than enough for an e-ticket and some surrounding scenery.

View attachment 480859
Here is approximately how the expansion will look:
888BF007-B1DD-410E-8DB8-E7C8749C907C.jpeg

We can take the expansion plot between the tram tour and frozen land!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom