NuOrbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Six: Blue Skies, E Tickets

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Six: Blue Skies, E-Tickets
latest

This will be the most simple and straightforward project of the season, but in a paradox also one of the most open ended. The premise can be described with four simple words. Blue. Sky. E. Ticket. That's it! The only thing you need to focus on this project for designing an E Ticket attraction for ANY park in the world. Disney, Universal, or otherwise. Remember the dark ride projects and the limitations you had to work with to scale the attraction down to a D Ticket? It's time to go off the leash.

Realism will still be accounted for when it comes to stuff like placement and effects, but I want to see you all go as BIG as possible with this one. Literally anything is possible! Oh, and did I mention this round is a DOUBLE ELIMINATION. At the end of the project, BOTH teams will loose a member. This means you're not so much competing against the other team as you are trying to make sure you contribute enough to make it through. I can safely say that there's very little room to hide with this cast now. With a project this open ended, you really have to put in the leg work if you want to make it past this round and into the upcoming merge. Good luck teams. This project is due Sunday, July 5th at 11:59PM Eastern.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@TheOriginalTiki would we be docked for realism if we use an Original IP at a Disney or Universal park? (Sincerely asking)

Disney, probably not unless it's just something that Disney as a company wouldn't want in their parks. Universal is a bit trickier since I can't think of many attractions of theirs, especially E Tickets, that aren't based on IP. It all depends on the choice of theme of course, but I think Disney you'll be more likely to not have realism be effected.

Outbound

Wow! Super excited for this round. There are so many possibilities here.

I suggest we opt for some creativity points with an original IP and not going to Disney or Universal. It would clearly set us apart from the other team. And there are many great options for parks beyond Disney and Universal. As a biased Socal resident, I suggest Knotts Berry Farm. It's possibly more charming than Disneyland and has a tendency to go non-IP, which also gives us strong realism points. Knotts tends to lean into Americana, so anything set in the past of California should work really well.

That said, if we want to go the safer option and use a Disney or Universal park I'm down... there are soooo many ways to do this project!

Sharon&Susan

I suggest we opt for some creativity points with an original IP and not going to Disney or Universal. It would clearly set us apart from the other team. And there are many great options for parks beyond Disney and Universal. As a biased Socal resident, I suggest Knotts Berry Farm. It's possibly more charming than Disneyland and has a tendency to go non-IP, which also gives us strong realism points. Knotts tends to lean into Americana, so anything set in the past of California should work really well.

That said, if we want to go the safer option and use a Disney or Universal park I'm down... there are soooo many ways to do this project!
Knotts would be cool option. I do think we should avoid Ghost Town since that already has two great E Tickets side by side. I'm leaning towards the Boardwalk as we could really make a mark and have something iconic.

Maybe something themed to car culture on the north side? That part of the Boardwalk has a bit of a 50's feel.

Outbound

Knotts would be cool option. I do think we should avoid Ghost Town since that already has two great E Tickets side by side. I'm leaning towards the Boardwalk as we could really make a mark and have something iconic.

Maybe something themed to car culture on the north side? That part of the Boardwalk has a bit of a 50's feel.

That’d be awesome! Maybe using Test Track tech for a 50s car chase?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

I had no idea you were yet another California local. Myself, @MANEATINGWREATH, @D Hindley, @monkey92514 etc. need to have a big group meet up when the Voldemort of it all is done and over with.

Sharon&Susan

My pitch:
"You and your buddies are going to watch this new movie at the local drive in theater called Forbidden Planet, but a rival group wants to slow down (because they hate your guts or something) through any means necessary. You all have to make the right decisions to get there in time or be square!

Using the newest innovations in interactive technology, everyone inside your 1953 Chevrolet will have to make quick decisions at forks in the road to make it to that drive in theater. Remember the majority wins!

"The right way" on one ride through won't always be the right way on another ride through. So don't get too comfortable with your route when you ride again."

Might be a bit too ambitious for Knotts, but I do think it could be an interesting twist on the interactive ride concept which are too often just shooting galleries on wheels.

Last edited:

Outbound

My pitch:
"You and your buddies are going to watch this new movie at the local drive in theater called Forbidden Planet, but a rival group wants to slow down (because they hate your guts or something) through any means necessary. You all have to make the right decisions to get there in time or be square!

Using the newest innovations in interactive technology, everyone inside your 1953 Chevrolet will have to make quick decisions at forks in the road to make it to that drive in theater. Remember the majority wins!

"The right way" on one ride through won't always be the right way on another ride through. So don't get too comfortable with your route when you ride again."

Might be a bit too ambitious for Knotts, but I do think it could be an interesting twist on the interactive ride concept which are too often just shooting galleries on wheels.

That does sound really cool! The one potential issue is the timing, as one vehicle might take longer to complete a circuit than another. I think this could be fixed if we turned it into a simulator. That would also let us add a bunch more route options.

Sharon&Susan

That does sound really cool! The one potential issue is the timing, as one vehicle might take longer to complete a circuit than another. I think this could be fixed if we turned it into a simulator. That would also let us add a bunch more route options.
That would probably work best for this type of ride. Only way I can really think to solve that for a vehicle would be to give the illusion of going fast on one side (probably using a screen to fake it) when its not really any faster than the side where you get stopped by a police officer (as an example).

The ride would just need to "remember" whether you took a faster route or not and shows projection on the drive-in screen that fits (Early the movie's just starting and Late the movie has already ended).

But as you mentioned we could do a lot more with a simulator and this type of ride. One positive with doing Knotts and a simulator is that there's no other rides that are simulators so it isn't really over saturated unlike Universal (and arguably Disney).

AceAstro

I’d argue that maybe this idea is too ambitious? I’d argue part of our issue last round was that our idea was extremely out there compared to the other team. While we don’t have to go extremely safe with Frozen is Disneyland, an original IP in a park that’s not huge on the tradition E-ticket might be too far the other way?

Outbound

I’d argue that maybe this idea is too ambitious? I’d argue part of our issue last round was that our idea was extremely out there compared to the other team. While we don’t have to go extremely safe with Frozen is Disneyland, an original IP in a park that’s not huge on the tradition E-ticket might be too far the other way?

Well, Knotts is unlikely to do an IP, so the real issue would come down to would Knotts build a large-scale e-ticket period. Maybe we could write something in the beginning about them being inspired by Disney / Universal recently and wanting to do a story-driven e-ticket (rather than just a coaster).

AceAstro

Well, Knotts is unlikely to do an IP, so the real issue would come down to would Knotts build a large-scale e-ticket period. Maybe we could write something in the beginning about them being inspired by Disney / Universal recently and wanting to do a story-driven e-ticket (rather than just a coaster).
The original IP part is definitely realistic. Just outside of maybe Calico River Rapids and the log flume I’d argue E-tickets aren’t their thing.

If we could find a way for it to work (and the space for it), I’m all ears

Sharon&Susan

What about a replacement for Splash Mountain in Tokyo Disneyland? Feel like that might be an interesting one considering PaTF bombed in Japan, so it could make an interesting What If OLC replaced that version of SM too. It doesn't seem too far fetched that OLC would start from scratch too.

If we keep the Critter Country theme, we could do Bambi or Fox and the Hound. Or do something completely original while still connecting it to American wildlife.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom