NuCitra Brainstorming Thread - Project Six: Blue Skies, E Tickets

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Should there be a Private Message board for PerGron and I to further work on the story? I feel like I need to stay busy with this project and I definitely want to give it my all
I don't think there is too much going on in the discussion thread that you need to seperate. Plus, it will help the rest of us to see how it develops. Jokers needs to know for the soundscape (if there's still time for that) and I need to know to apply different technologies and effects.

JokersWild

I'm going to do my best to make the soundscape. I make no promises, but I'm optimistic. Thanks again to PerGron for churning out a rough outline. No we just need to make it presentable.

In terms of story, I think that we have a good hold on the concept. It just needs some tightening. Maybe it could be written in a way that makes it sound like a legend? Like, in a way that sounds less informative and more campfire-y? Even just a set-up story for the setting. The actual story of the attraction would be conveyed within the ride, so I don't think that we need a separate write-up for that part of the story.

goofyyukyuk

Do we know how large the show building should be? I’m attaching what I’m thinking should be enough? I’ll include the queue in my final draft, but for reference, that area is at least three times the size of the Haunted Mansion show building.
5B16F960-1D51-4F5D-A4CD-CB99DEFC35EA.jpeg

Also, what are the ride vehicles supposed to look like? I was thinking I could include the boarding area in my “walkthrough” video!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Do we know how large the show building should be? I’m attaching what I’m thinking should be enough? I’ll include the queue in my final draft, but for reference, that area is at least three times the size of the Haunted Mansion show building.
View attachment 481437
Also, what are the ride vehicles supposed to look like? I was thinking I could include the boarding area in my “walkthrough” video!

Honestly that is a TON of space. Just this square here is already bigger than Shanghai Pirates.

1593912141911.png

goofyyukyuk

goofyyukyuk

I'm attaching the link to my queue "walkthrough"... I'm going to make a drawing of the lodge exterior and send that as well as pictures of the lodge interior and the entrance sign tomorrow. The video isn't the best quality... I didn't think about how I was going to fit my phone in between the two walls and turn it to look at the different elements of the queue, so I was holding my phone upside down and I couldn't really see half of the video haha... it turned out better than I was expecting though!

Also, here is what I have for the map of how the attraction will fit into the park.
FCfpZyomPY.png

JokersWild

I'm attaching the link to my queue "walkthrough"... I'm going to make a drawing of the lodge exterior and send that as well as pictures of the lodge interior and the entrance sign tomorrow. The video isn't the best quality... I didn't think about how I was going to fit my phone in between the two walls and turn it to look at the different elements of the queue, so I was holding my phone upside down and I couldn't really see half of the video haha... it turned out better than I was expecting though!

Also, here is what I have for the map of how the attraction will fit into the park.
View attachment 481480

Holy I wasn’t entirely sure what you were planning on doing, but that’s a super novel way of conveying the space. Really fantastic job.

JokersWild

I'm not going to have time. It's about 10pm here and I have work tomorrow. We don't have to go too in depth with it. Any sort of short description would be more than enough.

NigelChanning

Wow, you guys do the best work when I’m asleep haha!

@NigelChanning09 I know you wanted to do some story stuff. Would you like to do the scene write ups or the story itself (told as a legend)? I’ll take whichever one you don’t Want to do
I’ll take the story write up! Is it just the backstory of the Wendigo or do the guests have a role in the legend? I hope that makes sense

PerGron

I’ll take the story write up! Is it just the backstory of the Wendigo or do the guests have a role in the legend? I hope that makes sense
Yeah do a bit Of backstory on the Wendigo and our trapper as well as the Algonquin people and their ties do the Wendigo. Make it like a

Quick question, are we going to have any other cryptids in the ride? Or just the Wendigo?
The other cryptids are in the queue, we won’t have any others on the ride.

NigelChanning

There was once a hunter, the fiercest and most ruthless in the land. Known for hunting the largest of beasts and keeping their heads as trophies. One day, he heard about a mysterious creature known to some as the Wendigo, the spirit of greed and corruption. Immediately intrigued, the hunter set out to capture the Wendigo and add it to his vast collection of slain animals to further his ego.

After entering a mysterious wood, he came across the Algonquin people, who have ties to the Wendigo, and demanded to the chief that they grant him knowledge of the beast. The Algonquin people reluctantly told the hunter what they knew about the malicious creature. They told him about how the Wendigo transforms itself into those consumed by greed and the eternal hunger that the Wendigo forever searches to fulfill. They granted him knowledge of the Wendigo’s hideous appearance. It’s desiccated skin pulled tightly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash-gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Wendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave.

Ignoring their warnings, the hunter set out to capture the Wendigo. He spotted an albino creature followed by voices in his head tempting him to chase the creature. After a tedious chase through the woods, the hunter cornered the creature until it vanished in front of his eyes. Confused, the hunter looked around until he felt a terrible sensation. Consumed by greed, he began to transform into the Wendigo, the same creature he sought to capture. Every inch of humanity he had left began to fade away when the intense hunger started, trying to kill everything in sight. Some say he still roams the woods to this day, trying to satisfy his indefinite famine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom