NuCitra Brainstorming Thread - Project Six: Blue Skies, E Tickets

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Six: Blue Skies, E-Tickets

latest

This will be the most simple and straightforward project of the season, but in a paradox also one of the most open ended. The premise can be described with four simple words. Blue. Sky. E. Ticket. That's it! The only thing you need to focus on this project for designing an E Ticket attraction for ANY park in the world. Disney, Universal, or otherwise. Remember the dark ride projects and the limitations you had to work with to scale the attraction down to a D Ticket? It's time to go off the leash.

Realism will still be accounted for when it comes to stuff like placement and effects, but I want to see you all go as BIG as possible with this one. Literally anything is possible! Oh, and did I mention this round is a DOUBLE ELIMINATION. At the end of the project, BOTH teams will loose a member. This means you're not so much competing against the other team as you are trying to make sure you contribute enough to make it through. I can safely say that there's very little room to hide with this cast now. With a project this open ended, you really have to put in the leg work if you want to make it past this round and into the upcoming merge. Good luck teams. This project is due Sunday, July 5th at 11:59PM Eastern.

PerGron

Oh boy!

I’m super excited to be working on this with y’all and boy oh boy is it gonna be a challenge!

I’m super wasted right now because I’m at my sister & cousin’s joint graduation party and spending time with extended family requires copious amounts of booze!

I do look forward to getting to work on this tomorrow with a clear(ish) head

goofyyukyuk

Do we want to try and go big with an original ride/story or something based on pre-existing IP? I think both have some great potential, but it depends on how much we’re willing to tackle. I’m sort of leaning towards an original story/new IP that can be sort of dictated by where we want to place it if that makes sense?

NigelChanning

Okay, here’s my pitch! It’s based off an IP but I definitely have non-IP ideas in store.
Gravity Falls: Dipper and Mabel’s Mystery Tour (Working Title)
The ride system uses the Dual Power Coaster system by Dynamic Attractions. It’s able to drift, speed up, and utilizes DMV technology. The ride vehicles will be themed to Golf Carts
8D798E9F-3A45-4134-8DBF-F5BD7CA0BE55.jpeg

We begin the adventure in the Mystery Shack where guests can marvel at anomalies such as the Sascrotch and the Cornicorn!
48530CE4-FE46-4642-BE58-4A31885C5497.jpeg

We board our Golf Carts and venture into the woods. We encounter Dipper and Mabel, who are able to drive along side guests and move like Mater in Radiator Springs Racers. We encounter Gnomes, Zombies, and nearly avoid a couple of Dipper Clones recklessly driving.
4214EE62-30AC-406F-A4A4-9AA4020B1B41.png

We go off the beaten trail and end up in the heart of Gravity Falls. We pass locals like Pacifica Northwest, Manly Dan, and Lazy Susan. We end up driving into spots from the show like the “Jurassic Saphole”,
4E097D5E-8AC2-4AC8-AA1E-8671324A6164.png

Hoo-Ha Owls Pizza-Matronic Jamboree, where Giffany (Jiffany?) takes control of the animatronic
A2B29459-AD4F-40E9-A07E-C72E0B5A725A.png

We even travel forward in time and compete in a futuristic battle due to Blendin’s time machine.
1A9ED1D0-1A8D-45B2-94AF-63972708CB58.jpeg

Other locations include the Golf Course, the convenient store, and more!

Attachments

• 9CAD065E-6BF5-4736-8816-D6388469B015.png
    9CAD065E-6BF5-4736-8816-D6388469B015.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • 8C2D5353-3E03-403F-80F4-9BC140D24241.png
    8C2D5353-3E03-403F-80F4-9BC140D24241.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80

JokersWild

So I think that a good starting point is to decide the park. Do we want to do Disney, Universal, or something super weird like Hershey Park or a European park?

Honestly, I'm not sure what exactly to do, but I've been wanting to do something based in Japanese mythology for a while. It's very rich source material, and there's a ton we could do with it. I'll try to develop it/ some other ideas while I'm at work tomorrow, but I'd love to hear where everyone is at. Everything that's been posted so far as looked super interesting.

goofyyukyuk

This is an idea I’d been thinking about for a while, especially before the Mary Poppins attraction was announced for the UK pavilion in Epcot, so this is sort of pretending that that project wasn’t ever announced and this is the project Disney decided to go with.

It starts out as a dark ride going backwards in history through some of the more interesting aspects of English history and culture (I’m mostly just listing events/people to be highlighted without consideration for how to do that because if we do this project, I want to leave as much creative freedom as possible).

• Dunkirk/Churchill
  • Queen Victoria/Great Exhibition
  • Charles Dickens
  • Waterloo
  • William Shakespeare
  • Isaac Newton
  • Elizabeth 1
  • Magna Carta
  • William the Conqueror
  • Alfred the Great
  • King Arthur
  • Anglo-Saxon migration
  • Julius Caesar/Romans in Britain
  • Stonehenge
The dark ride portion isn’t intended to be a comprehensive look at Britain’s history, so I think more of these events/people can be used that you’d expect. From the end of this section, it would transition into being more of a roller coaster/typical E-ticket.

When guests approach Stonehenge, they’ll see that it’s not completed yet. We’ll watch as animatronic Druids magically move the stones as they perform a ritual before noticing us. The Druids cast a spell on the ride vehicle, which causes it to take off into a story-telling roller coaster. The coaster will take guests through a mystical battle between good and evil druids, which will determine the fate of Britain. I think this is a pretty cool, open-concept idea… I can flesh it out more if need be, but I wanted to still leave it fairly open-ended for everybody to work on.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'm in favor of No-IP.

BUT IP choice is not listed as something that we have to be concerned with realism wise. So, if we can justify it, a weird IP could be a lot of fun.

Portal E-Ticket in Epcot as a part of a new pavilion sponsored by Aperture Science?

Animorphs E-Ticket coming to Islands of Adventure as a part of replacing Marvel Super Hero Island with things Disney doesn't own?

Bojack Horseman E-Ticket scale dark ride as an almost parody of the Great Movie Ride concept placed in Universal Studios. Where wacky Todd hijinxs and Bojack's own inner-demons ruin the tour through Hollywoo's greatest films?

Artemis Fowl (books, not the movie) E-Ticket in Animal Kingdom (thanks to the books focus on nature and environmentalism as a consistent theme) or the UK Pavilion (thanks to the focus on Irish culture) or just about any park?

Minecraft E-Ticket family coaster/dark ride replacing the Magic Eye Theater in an expansion to the Imagination Pavilion

I could definitely be game for a really weird IP choice.

As far as no-IP options go...

I've always been fascinated by the idea of no-IP rides in Universal parks since that is such a rarely done concept both in real life and in arm-chair imagineering. Perhaps a suped up slot car ride themed to stunt driving and special effects.

A heist movie dark ride in Universal could be really unique if we could pull it off

Rules don't say anything about time travel. Magic Kingdom around 1973. Western River Expansion isn't happening, but Disney execs want something new to fill the Pirates void instead of a clone. Aside from cowboys and pirates, what else would be a good early 70s E-Ticket Boat Ride for Magic Kingdom? Vikings? Adventure serials (a decade before Indiana Jones revitalized the genre)? Dinosaurs? Gangsters (might be a tough fit for MK)? High fantasy wizards and knights, think Lord of the Rings or King Arthur? Maybe even a Pirate ride built from the ground up that is in no way Pirates of the Caribbean?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Who would like to be Emperor Project Manager? Something as open ended as this one could use a leader early on to help guide the brainstorming

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom