Nu-Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright, we got about 23 hours left!

We have lyrics to all the songs, Jokers is working on music.

@DashHaber and @NigelChanning09 are done I believe. Gonna probably make some slight edits once songs are finalized just to merge the story and the song parts of the presentations, but nothing major.
@goofyyukyukyuk17 is done
@PerGronStudio is on costume design and seems like he's about got it.
@Brer Panther is done

If anyone wants to start compiling things and putting it all together nicely, that would be awesome! If not, I shouldn't have a problem doing it later in the day. There isn't too much more I can do to help Jokers at this point unless he wants me to add a poorly executed kazoo solo lol. I'm gonna try to edit one of his songs into a bit of a video with lyrics on screen to help it.

PerGron

Hey guys, great job all around! I’m sorry I wasn’t super involved in discussion this round, between my notifications (and the site in general) being screwy and also just real life with it being opening week at work, I had enough time to do my part but not engage much in discussion.

I’ll have my costumes up around 10-11pm est tonight (just gotta color them when I get home, I did a few for every prominent character). Should I stay around, my schedule is looking clearer now that the zoo is past hell week and we’ve kinda got things under control and I can’t wait to move forward as a more active participant of the team. Should I be eliminated though, it’s been a real pleasure working with so many talented imagineers and I hope to work with y’all again soon!

Again, I’ll have my stuff up later tonight, but I wanted to pop in and just give an update on my (kind of) absence.

Here’s a picture of a goat kid kissing an alpaca for making it this far!
CBCAF90D-4417-4AE6-972D-88A08171A563.jpeg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
WIP final post. How's this looking to everyone?

Team NuCitra Presents:

The-Incredibles-poster.png

--The Incredibles: The Broadway Musical--

The newest Broadway Musical from Disney will be something truly unique. It will adapt the critically acclaimed super hero film adding several musical numbers and reworking the film from the ground up to take advantage of the new medium. An exciting chance to grow the story and explore these characters while bring something fresh to Disney's stage!

The-Incredibles-billboard.png

The-Incredibles-billboard-2.png

This will have a large advertising budget to help attract skeptics. After all, super heroes haven't had a good track record on Broadway. Yet Disney has planned on how to circumvent the shortcomings of the medium for heroic action. The movie was always more about the characters and featured very mature arcs, the play will follow suit keeping the focus on the characters with action and powers used mainly to highlight the family and personal drama. Plus, great effort has been put into translating the more over the top moments and effects into truly spectacular theater experience!

115320-11.jpg

Tony Nominated actor, Alex Brightman (known for playing the lead in School of Rock and Beetlejuice on Broadway) will help headline the film by playing Syndrome. Helping bring his trademark charm and manic energy to the villain role. He's actor known for roles and shows that expand what Broadway is traditionally known for, which makes him a perfect fit for a big name in Incredibles.

The-Incredibles-playbill.png

The songs will capture the upbeat tone of the movie with some of the jazzy soundtrack translated, but evolved into a more traditional showtune medley. A great balance that has been proven to be very effective and crowd pleasing with recent shows like Hadestown.

The-Incredibles-album-cover.png

--Technical Aspects--

For any show, but especially one more high concept like this, so much talent and care goes into figuring out how to translate it.

(Click the Picture above to learn about the Set Design for the show)

(Click the Picture above to learn about how the more elaborate effect will be pulled off. Bringing fantastical powers to the stage)

(Click the Picture above to learn about the fabulous costumes that Edna Mode would be proud of)

--The Show--

Certain songs will be highlighted with demos available.

-Act One-

The show opens with Buddy Pine, a superhero fan talking about how supers help to save the day and how he wants to help join the battle for justice. He tries to convince his idol Mr. Incredible that he can help, but he gets brushed off for not being "super" (“Everything's Super!”).

Picture2.png

The first song of the show ("Everything's Super") has an upbeat tone, Buddy sings with full glee and practically dances through the city even as a mugging happens nearby. He has total faith in heroes, especially Mr. Incredible. But that faith might be called into question when his idol lets him down.

Lyrics

With a major incident triggering a whole wave of lawsuits and the end of supers, the show jumps to the present day. Bob and Helen Parr now live a “normal” life, dealing with their mundane problems as they raise a family (“Secret Identity”). The family comes together for dinner, where a fight breaks out between Dash and Violet over their powers, with Violet wanting to be normal and Dash wanting to use his talents (“Invisible/Run”). After dinner, Bob heads out with his friend and old super ally Lucius Best to a Supers Anonymous meeting. There, Bob talks about how he misses those days of saving lives and being a hero to people (“Glory Days”).

In the song sang at the Supers Anonymous Meeting ("Glory Days"), Bob sings a wistful and nostalgic song. Something gentle and soft, full of melancholy and nostalgia. A bitter sweet melody reminiscent of Piano Man. With his past even more in focus running into an old friend (Gazerbeam, AKA Simon).

Lyrics

At work, Bob is called before his boss over how his clients keep on finding help after dealing with him. Frustrated with it all, Bob breaks his boss’s desk in a moment of anger and quits. Leaving work, he is approached by Mirage, who offers him a job that would let him use his powers again. Bob accepts, later lying to Helen by saying that he must travel for a work conference (“Glory Days” (Reprise)).

Arriving at a secluded island in his old Mr. Incredible costume, he battles a group of droids sent after him. The battle reinvigorates him, leading to him working out as he feels that old spark again (“Feeling Incredible”). He even contacts his old costume designer Edna Mode, to craft a new costume (“Made by Mode”).

19cc86db7fea716adae93a3dc031dc0a.jpg

Eventually, Bob gets the message and leaves home for his latest job. As he leaves, Helen cannot help but be concerned about all his recent changes (“Helen’s Concern”). Returning to the island, Bob discovers that the droids he had fought before were mere tests for a massive Omnidroid. However, he ends up captured when he discovers this information, and his “benefactor” is revealed: Buddy, now going by the alias of Syndrome. Syndrome reveals his plan, of sending the robot to attack Municiberg and he would “defeat” it. With the praise he would get, he’d sell gadgets that would let anyone become a super (“Everyone's Super”).

Syndrome's song ("Everyone's Super") is essentially a reprise of "Everything's Super," Buddy's song that opened the show. The jovial tone gives it a darkly ironic twist considering the subject matter he is singing about. Plus, the fact that Syndrome is happily singing and even dancing in front of his fallen foe.

Lyrics

-Act Two-

With the intermission finished, we find Helen meeting with Edna asking if she has seen Bob, since he’s been missing for a few days. Edna reveals that he’s off using his powers for a new job, and even reveals that she has designed superhero costumes for the whole family (“Made by Mode” (Reprise)). Realizing that Bob may be in actual damage, Helen laments that she has felt that same urge for heroics, but tried to channel it into their home life and wished Bob could do the same (“A Hero at Home”). Emboldened by Edna, Helen resolves to head out in search of Bob. Back at the island, Syndrome is taunting Bob about his fate and his upcoming plan when an alert comes in: a plane seeking clearance to land. Bob recognizes the voice as Helen, though he (and Helen) is truly shocked when Dash and Violet pipe up as well. Piecing together that his family is coming to rescue them, Syndrome has missiles launched at the plane. The feed cuts out, to Bob and Mirage’s horror. Syndrome heads off to enact his plan, while Mirage reflects on her past and how she had left the National Superhero Agency because she had truly believed Syndrome’s plan would bring good (“All a Mirage”).

tumblr_p7oomxJQb51tm0eroo2_500.gifv

Having survived the plane’s destruction and arriving at the island, Helen tells Violet and Dash that they must be careful as she heads off to Syndrome’s base (“No Saturday Morning Cartoon”). The two are discovered by some of Syndrome’s henchmen in the jungle, and use their powers to evade them, both realizing their potential (“Invisible/Run” (Reprise)).

dqqcHpTsDbMZQ2Tr5TJYFZ5ptNsV4NeB3tIya35bKsIgoW-7ByRsMDfxL5sQmFluqgwdwnfuItLQQ4uTeD3pA1aL3r6rF0eeirZt9EgJbajEncxbp4H2OFg

In the halls of the base, Helen finds herself remembering her old days as Elastigirl as she relives the old excitement while sneaking around (“Flexible”). Helen and the family find Bob and free him from his confines. He reveals that Mirage has told him where they can escape. He apologizes that he has left his family aside, as Helen tells him that they can fight together (“A Hero at Home” (Reprise)). On the streets of Municiberg, the Omnidroid starts its attack. Syndrome arrives and starts to boast of his prowess, but gets cut off as the Omnidroid strikes out his remote and knocks him away (“Syndrome’s Here!”). The whole Parr family arrive, battling the Omnidroid as they work together. Eventually, they grab the remote and manage to shut down the robot, saving the town (“We’re Incredible”).

1180w-600h_disney-families-the-incredibles-1180x600.jpg

Before they can celebrate, Syndrome returns with a back-up plan: he has captured Jack-Jack. However, Jack-Jack lets out a sonic scream, short-circuiting his gadgets. Syndrome drops down and is caught by Bob, who knocks him out with one punch after Helen quickly takes Jack-Jack away. Time marches on, and the Parr family is now happy as they have found who they really are. The Underminer arrives, and the show ends as the Parr family gets ready for a new super battle (“Everything's Super!” (Reprise)).

154425.png

--Credits--

@Pi on my Cake - PM
@JokersWild - The Music Man
@DashHaber - The Storyteller
@NigelChanning09 - The Teller of Stories
@goofyyukyukyuk17 - The Talented Technician
@Brer Panther - The Acclaimed Artist
@PerGronStudio - Official Enemy of @wdwmagic/Costume Designer
Alex Brightman - Himself/Syndrome

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hey yall

I’ve uploaded my pics but they’re saying they need moderator approval. If they’re up in time, please add them. I’ll also tag @TheOriginalTiki and @mickeyfan5534 about it so they know that it is up. I do have to go to bed though, so if they don’t go through on the project, I’m really really sorry
You've only been an active member here for like 2 full years, makes sense they still think you're a Chinese spam bot lol

We all have off weeks, things happen. Good news is we've knocked it out of the park so far I think. So, you should be safe! I'll add the photos as soon as they post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom