Now I'm confused, is Spectromagic gone or not?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
We all have read about the poor storage and demolition of Spectromagic but then I find pictures of it back stage and this article posted after the terrible news has pictures of it back stage all lit up safe inside and after it left. I have been over it for a while but could we be looking at out future Disneylands relabeled Spectromagic passed off as Paint the Night? They are pretty cheap with the parks you know.
http://mrsbanksgoestoconvention.blogspot.com/2013/09/daytripping-keys-to-kingdom.html?m=1

Figments Friend

It is indeed gone.
The photo shown in the article is a few years old, or the unit the folks are shown admiring during the Tour was one of the few that survived.

Eyewitness CMs posted here back when it was all going down about how the floats were a real mess due to the termite damage.
Support structures for entire floats were chewed to dust and were no longer safe for performers.

It was decided not to invest in repairing the units that needed it and salvage the Show.
It was pretty much binned to the disappointment of many.

At the time, it was said that a few of the smaller units survived the aftermath and were still operational and okay.
Those may well still be in storage on Property, but the 'Spectomagic' Parade as we knew it will never return.

DL's 'Paint The Night' has entirely new units that are very different in lighting design and style then anything presented at WDW's 'Spectromagic'.
Two completely different animals....on two completely different coasts...run by two completely different Management entities.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

We all have read about the poor storage and demolition of Spectromagic but then I find pictures of it back stage and this article posted after the terrible news has pictures of it back stage all lit up safe inside and after it left. I have been over it for a while but could we be looking at out future Disneylands relabeled Spectromagic passed off as Paint the Night? They are pretty cheap with the parks you know.
http://mrsbanksgoestoconvention.blogspot.com/2013/09/daytripping-keys-to-kingdom.html?m=1

Eyewitness CMs posted here back when it was all going down about how the floats were a real mess due to the termite damage.
Support structures for entire floats were chewed to dust and were no longer safe for performers.

Well first, the rumors of its storage deterioration were greatly exaggerated. There wasn't any termite damage as speculated.

That being said? It was dismantled and it was sold for scrap or shipped to Glendale.

FettFan

He__s_dead_Jim_by_pepper_fox.jpg

RushBoingo

Does anyone know which floats did survive? I read somewhere that the Chernabog float was kept (and how couldn't they, it was one of the coolest ones) and I would love to know that it has survived to one day re-appear

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Back in 2010 I was hearing around that the parade was shot and they were going to remake Spectromagic. My theory is that if that were the case It would be marketing suicide to spend that money on a whole new parade remodeled after the original Spectromagic because no one would see it as a brand new parade not to mention most wouldn't even know it was gone and just assume that it was improved and things were changed up. If those rumors are true there going to wait for it to hit everyone that the parade is gone and forget about it then somewhere along the line bring it back as a new parade. This is just my theory.

They remade the Electrical Parade in Tokyo Disneyland, the same could happen for us someday. Also in the time of the scheduled return of Spectromagic the Paint the Night concept was probably in the works. Of course it would be marketed as a new parade and possibly a new name and maybe new music but I think its possible. Now why waste money on fixing or replacing Spectromagic then, why not wait and have some better plan. Everyone knows if they were to remake Spectromagic it would probably be worked around the new interactive features and technology Paint the Night has. Im well over Spectromagic but I can see this happening someday. I can see them calling it Spectromagic-Paint the Night kind of like Tokyo Disneyland's Electrical Parade Dreamlights.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

The best way explained.....
exparade_zpslpif5cuw.jpg

According to guests who went to the D23 Attraction Rewind event last November the Carousel float was on Display and lit up...Which was this float...
spectromagic-light-night.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom