Nov & Dec weather

Epcotfan21

Honestly, it's been pretty hot down here over the last couple years during that time frame. This past Novemeber during Thanksgiving it was still in the mid 80's. The occasional cold fronts do start around the end of October, but I wouldn't count on it.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

The weather really can be all over the place. We've had many a FL Thanksgiving in the mid to upper 70s, but early December of 2009 was quite chilly all across the southern US. Northern and central FL actually saw snow. My family, who now lives in southern FL saw temps so cold that the iguanas were falling out of trees. When I lived in Gainesville, we would often see mornings in the upper 30s to low 40s and mid day highs in the 70s. We're going to WDW in early Dec. and plan on packing a bit of everything.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Nov.-Dec. Weather

The weather is fairly predictable. For people from far Western Massachusetts, we enjoy anything above 50 degrees during this time
frame. During the day, shorts and t-shirts are comfortable, the evenings
can be cooler, so long pants and possibly a sweat shirt or light jacket might be needed. Although, one year it was cold watching Fantasmic, you could
see your breathe, low to middle 40's. :xmas: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

luvthefab5

We always go in Nov/Dec. Plan on bringing clothes that you can layer. Some mornings can be quite cool, but you will want short sleeves by mid-day. I have bought many blankets and pairs of gloves for night-time parades too, so be prepared :)

Upvote 0

cjgren

We'll be coming from the Boston area during that time of year (we leave 11/13!), and I agree. Anything over 50 degrees will most likely be miles better than Boston (or Maine for that matter!).

Hoping it'll be warm enough for a trip to the water parks. ;)

Upvote 0

KaneMarko

Yeah, we're returning to the World late Nov/early Dec. I was curious what temps are like too. Sounds like we better pack a wide range of clothing to cover our bases.

Thanks for the info, all.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
We always go in Nov/Dec. Plan on bringing clothes that you can layer. Some mornings can be quite cool, but you will want short sleeves by mid-day. I have bought many blankets and pairs of gloves for night-time parades too, so be prepared :)

Worth repeating - Layer, Layer, Layer! It does cool off rapidly when the sun goes down, and you will most likely be standing in one spot for a long time waiting for a parade or fireworks - quite different than walking around. Something with a hood is a good choice for one of the layers. I usually have a short sleeved top, hooded fleece, and a hooded waterproof nylon windbreaker of some sort. I add/remove them as the temperature changes.

It's usually fairly dry, but an occasional Nor'easter can blow in, bringing lots of cold rain - very different from the summer thunderstorms - these can last for a couple of days.

Upvote 0

JCtheparrothead

We have gone for at least 2 weeks for the past 6 years at the end of November to mid December and I agree...Layer! We are from Michigan and anything above 55 is great weather for us.:p Truthfully it is usually pretty nice during the day (mid 70's) and cool at night (mid 50's). The best thing is the parks are pretty quiet this time of year (compared to July). See you down there!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

We were at WDW over Thanksgiving last year. We usually started off with jeans and wind breakers...by 10 a.m. we were shedding the jackets and tying them around our waists until about 7 or 8 p.m. at night when once again we put them on :ROFLOL:So yes what everyone else is saying.....LAYER!!! And have a blast! it's a great time of year.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom