Not-Worth-It Attractions

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
What are the attractions that you consciously pass by on each trip to WDW? My "waste of time attractions" in WDW are as follows (IMO - which I know not everyone will agree with):

* It's a Small World (original or not.....it's awful)
* Jungle Cruise
* Tomorrowland Speedway
* Stitch's Great Escape
* Sounds Dangerous
* El Rio de Tiempo
* Journey into Your Imagination
* Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
* ANY and ALL live shows
* Enchanted Tiki Room
* Country Bear Jamboree
* Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
* Universe of Energy (needs a SERIOUS overhaul)
* Star Tours
* Kali River Rapids

OBVIOUSLY......not everyone is going to agree with this list, and that's fine. I'm not advocating for everyone to stay away from these attractions. Some people love them dearly and that's fine. I'm just saying these are the things that I, personally, refrain from taking in because I found no entertainment value in them at all. I simply go on my way and enjoy my favorite attractions more often.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
troll.jpg

petersenjp

The only attraction we really pass by any more is the Backlot Tour. We may even stop by once in awhile to see if our "newbies" get to act in the show. I wouldn't say it is a waste of time or anything, but I admit it, I miss the original tour with the movie set houses!!!!!!

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Why? You only created this thread to spread hate and anger.

No, that's what your response to a simple question was intended for. I created it to find out what attractions people don't like. Your response was childish and antagonistic.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
The only attraction we really pass by any more is the Backlot Tour. We may even stop by once in awhile to see if our "newbies" get to act in the show. I wouldn't say it is a waste of time or anything, but I admit it, I miss the original tour with the movie set houses!!!!!!

I kind of miss that row with TV show home facades myself......the current tour hasn't changed all that much. The last few times I went on it, they were still doing that stuff with Pearl Harbor, which is at least 6-7 years old now, and the houses were long gone. I'll do the tour if I'm with people who haven't done it, but it's not high up on my list of must-dos.

pacochran

I agree with quite a few of yours
Sounds Dangeriously
It's a Small World
Jungle Cruise

One that we don't like that many others do is the Great Movie Ride, did it twice and haven't done it since.

devoy1701

Every attraction is worth doing...every attraction provides some kind of entertainment whether it's pure enjoyment, or awe of how much detail has been put into the ride, or getting annoying songs put in your head, or wondering if they've changed any slight details since you've last ridden!

I think always skipping certain attractions is a horrible way to visit the disney parks! The only way I get turned off from going on a ride is if the wait time is too long (since I'm a passholder I tend to skip certain popular rides during the busy seasons).

Take for instance Monsters Inc. when it first opened, I saw it once, said I never had to see it again, but it's now become something I do every time I visit MK because I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE seeing the way different people react to being on the screens and having the questions directed at them. Sure the jokes are usually the same, but the show is different EVERY time you see it! :wave:

Same goes for Primevil Whirl! I used to avoid it but the last time we rode it we had a blast (minus the sweat smell of the cushions)!

Just my opinion!

Expo_Seeker40

Things I skip:

Stitch's Great Escape
Indy Speedway
Usually I skip Toontown

I'm cool with "it's a small world" :eek:

I every so often do Tom Sawyer Island and the River Boat...they are both great places to escape the crowds but take a bit of a chunk from spending time at the MK

I usually don't go in the Tiki Room....thats mostly just to see the interior of the show, I dont like the current show itself.

I skip Circle of Life at Epcot as well as all of Imagination! and M:S....The orange version makes me sick and the green one rocks me around. :cry:

MGM: Depends....usually playhouse disney, animation, etc

AK: usually see everything except camp minnie mickey,but I will agree that I was not that impressed with Kali River Rapids.

LSonDubz

i like the monsters inc laugh floor. i know many don't but it's pretty funny and i've got the same general feeling from many guests overhearing them when they walk out.

baby1disney

I could definitely skip these following rides:

It's a small world
Jungle Cruise
Great Movie Ride--unless I want a quick nap
Lights, Action, Stunts show(sorry can't remember the "real" name for this)

And there are some more but can't think because I'm only going in about 3-4 hrs of sleep!!:snore:

hwdelien

These first three are just a waste of space:
Swiss Family Treehouse
Tom Sawyer Island
Rafiki's Planet Watch and all of it's attractions

Next, just not worth the wait:
Toontown Hall of Fame Tent
Judges Tent
Ariel's Grotto

Yuck:
Sounds Dangerous

Do I need to say more?:
Reflections of China
Impressions de France
O Canada

A boat tour through a greenhouse? Gimme a break. If you need a rest though:
Living with the Land

hcswingfield

I don't expect all people to have the same taste I do, and I certainly don't expect every attraction to cater to my tastes. I wouldn't call anything a "waste of space" unless it's closed and nothing new is replacing it. And I LOVE Jungle Cruise!

Nemo14

I don't expect all people to have the same taste I do, and I certainly don't expect every attraction to cater to my tastes. I wouldn't call anything a "waste of space" unless it's closed and nothing new is replacing it. And I LOVE Jungle Cruise!
Jungle cruise is a must-do for me too. It's just classic vintage Disney!

Captain Hank

Do I need to say more?:
Reflections of China
Impressions de France
O Canada

A boat tour through a greenhouse? Gimme a break. If you need a rest though:
Living with the Land
Really? Reflections of China is one of my favorite things in World Showcase. And Living with the Land? Well, them's just fightin' words! :)

epcotWSC

There are a decent amount that I skip, but I do go on most.

I actually skipped Mission Space this past time (not to crazy about it and the lines were way too long)

Magic Kingdom - http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/MK.htm
Swiss Family Treehouse (don't even know what this is)
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Enchanted Tiki Room
Tom Sawyer Island
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents (sorry just doesn't excite me)
Liberty Square Riverboat
Cinderellabration? (don't even remember this one)
Fairytale Garden (don't think this was there when I went either, unless I just didn't see it)
Cinderella's Golden Carousel
Ariel's Grotto
Everything in Mickey's Toontown Fair
Tomorrowland Speedway
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Carousel of Progress
Stitch's Great Escape (although I go on it just for the heck of it)

Epcot - http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/epcot.htm
Ellen's Energy Adventure
The Circle of Life (nice for a rest though)
Journey Into the Imagination (that skunk smell!)
Imageworks

Hollywood Studios - http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/MGM.htm
Sounds Dangerous (I'd still go, it's not THAT bad like everyone thinks)
Backlot Tour
Journey into Narnia
One Man's Dream (sorry, after walking around all day, I need to sit, no walking tours for me)
Magic of Disney Animation (I can't draw, lol)

Not going to bother with Animal Kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom