not so magical i guess

bears163

i have not read one good thing about the express yet. on mouse savers.com there is a really good report on there. it really sounds bad. you would think they would ahve most of these things ironed out already. but not to send the luggage tags out. that is terrible. i go in december i would rather pay the 100 for the van then to go through the not so magical express. i just hope they fix this soon

WendyTinkerbell

I don't think I would have as much of a complaint if Disney had handled the situation better. I just think it would have been nice if they could send out a simple letter addressing the problem, rather than leaving the customers out there to guess, and get different stories when they call in. A letter saying "you have not received your luggage tags because of a compter/printing problem. We are trying to solve the best we can. In the event you don't receive your tags, you should...." It might just be me, but I think that that could have helped the situation and taken care of some of the rumors about what's going and what people should do.

Upvote 0

cj2me

wannab@dis said:
I would not believe everything you hear, especially from some of the bus drivers! (Tyler not included. :))

Some of these stories have probably been enhanced a few degrees with each rendition. I'm sure there have been problems with the new service, but doubt anyone has went all night without luggage or waited for 3 hours at the airport.

Tyler, JP, Brent, and some of the other CMs can probably say whether or not these stories are true or if they have been stretched. I'm sure Brent would have had his ear bent by some irrate guests if they had waited for hours at the airport or if their luggage didn't show up until the next day.

I was on the MGM bus when someone said I hope my luggage is there TODAY, she went almost 24 hours wihtout her luggage

Upvote 0

cj2me

bucklmd said:
What is this, the complaint department? There sure is a whole lot of grumbling considering this is a free service that Disney never had to implement in the first place. I'm sure we pay for it somewhere along the line, but cut them some slack. It JUST started.

I am leaving tomorrow (Thursday the 12th) and we are going to Universal first, so just using DME on the return. I got my tags via FedEx yesterday. Does anyone know how long before your flight you have to leave your resort? I am a last minute person and want to maximize my time in the parks. I really don't want to have to leave 3 hours before my flight or something crazy like that.

Buses were coming 3 hours before hand a lot of that had to do with Security at OIA, the lines were very long last week

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

wannabeBelle said:
I really am not sure that Mears will be the company that would take you!!! I Am pretty sure it would be DME at this point. I will however defer to our expert on this one. JP is there any chance that say a year ago someone booked Mears, paid the money for that and in fact is going to be getting the Mears Service? I Am definitely not talking about the Mears towncar services which I would put into the same catagory as Quicksilver, Tiffany etc. I really do mean the shuttle service? Thanks!! Belle

Well, I assume I am seeing as how I leave in a few days and I have recieved no information about DME...plus, my travel agent told me that I was taking Mears...although this could be new information to her...but JP or even Pam or anyone else who would know...what information do you have on the situation?
Given all the trouble w/DME, I really don't want to use that!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

nibblesandbits said:
Well, I assume I am seeing as how I leave in a few days and I have recieved no information about DME...plus, my travel agent told me that I was taking Mears...although this could be new information to her...but JP or even Pam or anyone else who would know...what information do you have on the situation?
Given all the trouble w/DME, I really don't want to use that!

If you (or your travel agent) booked Mears through Disney, then your transfer will be using Disney's Magical Express. If you (or your travel agent) booked directly with Mears, then you will be using Mears.

If you booked directly with Mears, you should have received a travel voucher from Mears, without one you will not be able to get on their bus. If you don't have one, check with your travel agent. You will not "technically" need a travel voucher with DME if you have an active reservation at a Disney owned and operated resort.

Travel time from the airport and luggage delivery with Disney's Magical Express has been inproving everyday. Every effort is being made by Disney to make this a sucessful service to our guest.

I hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

cj2me said:
I was on the MGM bus when someone said I hope my luggage is there TODAY, she went almost 24 hours wihtout her luggage

wow... but are you sure it wasn't the airline that lost it?

I know things can get messed up, but Disney usually will break their necks to keep negatives to a minimum. No luggage for a night would be a huge problem and they would have done everything possible to get it to them.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

wannab@dis said:
I would not believe everything you hear, especially from some of the bus drivers! (Tyler not included. :))

Some of these stories have probably been enhanced a few degrees with each rendition. I'm sure there have been problems with the new service, but doubt anyone has went all night without luggage or waited for 3 hours at the airport.

Tyler, JP, Brent, and some of the other CMs can probably say whether or not these stories are true or if they have been stretched. I'm sure Brent would have had his ear bent by some irrate guests if they had waited for hours at the airport or if their luggage didn't show up until the next day.

On vacation so I don't have to deal with it yet. I know that certain resorts are staffing extra people 24 hrs. a day (during overnight/graveyard shift) for this week.

Upvote 0

foldmama

Hi Everyone: I was at WDW from April 30th thru May 7th. I actually paid for Mears for roundtrip. On our arrival day they used the new magical buses, but everyone paid. When I returned on May 7th, I had a confirmed 5:00 PM pick-up from Mears which I reconfirmed on May 6th. While I was waiting for the Mears bus, the Magical Bus came (and there were at least 20 people waiting and complaining) and I decided to ask the driver if an additional Mears bus was coming. He told me that there was no Mears buses now and that everyone was using Magical Express (actually run by Mears) and that he did not need my prepayment coupon. I was told to just board the bus. Please don't pay for Mears, you will end up on the same Magical Express Bus.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Mama and welcome to the Boards. If it makes you feel any better ,this shuttle service being free ( read as DME, not Mears) did not start until May 5th, so you really would have had to have paid for at least the one way trip to your resort!!! Belle

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

Ok , When returning to the airport and we don't have a participating airline, we have to have our luggage held by the resort until we're ready to get the bus and we put our luggage on the bus that takes us to the airport. Is that correct, was just a little foggy on that.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

JPVonDrake said:
If you (or your travel agent) booked Mears through Disney, then your transfer will be using Disney's Magical Express. If you (or your travel agent) booked directly with Mears, then you will be using Mears.

If you booked directly with Mears, you should have received a travel voucher from Mears, without one you will not be able to get on their bus. If you don't have one, check with your travel agent. You will not "technically" need a travel voucher with DME if you have an active reservation at a Disney owned and operated resort.

Travel time from the airport and luggage delivery with Disney's Magical Express has been inproving everyday. Every effort is being made by Disney to make this a sucessful service to our guest.

I hope this helps! :sohappy:

I do not believe that I have recieved any travel voucher. But my travel agent said that I should go to the Mears shuttle area. I really don't know if I booked directly with Mears or not...I know my package is a Funjet vacations package...that's why I'm guessing I am booked with Mears.

(I just looked at my travel info and here is what it says:

Your vacation package includes roundtrip transportation between Orlando Int'l Airport and your Zone 4 hotel. Upon arrival at the Orlando Int'l Airport, present your photo ID at one of the 3 Mears Transportation counters located curbside baggage claim level. Transportation is provided by "Mears Shuttle of Orlando.")

So, I'm right in thinking that I'm using Mears, correct?

Upvote 0

Slosh

I'm not sure how many of you have recieved your baggage tags; mine were overnighted to me this morning (the 12th) and I leave on the 17th. Not bad, except I need to mail one to my cousin in Michigan before then.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

nibblesandbits said:
I do not believe that I have recieved any travel voucher. But my travel agent said that I should go to the Mears shuttle area. I really don't know if I booked directly with Mears or not...I know my package is a Funjet vacations package...that's why I'm guessing I am booked with Mears.

(I just looked at my travel info and here is what it says:

Your vacation package includes roundtrip transportation between Orlando Int'l Airport and your Zone 4 hotel. Upon arrival at the Orlando Int'l Airport, present your photo ID at one of the 3 Mears Transportation counters located curbside baggage claim level. Transportation is provided by "Mears Shuttle of Orlando.")

So, I'm right in thinking that I'm using Mears, correct?

It appears like you are using and paying for Mears. If you did not receive vouchers, I would be sure to bring that travel info with you. Also, I would call and question your travel agent just be sure you don't need vouchers.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom