not so magical i guess

bears163

i have not read one good thing about the express yet. on mouse savers.com there is a really good report on there. it really sounds bad. you would think they would ahve most of these things ironed out already. but not to send the luggage tags out. that is terrible. i go in december i would rather pay the 100 for the van then to go through the not so magical express. i just hope they fix this soon

wannabeBelle

Thanks JP VonDrake!!!!!!! We appreciate the info!!! This must be a Guest Relations nightmare though!!! Hope they arent being too tough on ya!!!! :kiss: Belle

Upvote 0

jcat2312

wannabeBelle said:
Thanks JP VonDrake!!!!!!! We appreciate the info!!! This must be a Guest Relations nightmare though!!! Hope they arent being too tough on ya!!!! :kiss: Belle

With working in Customer Service for a long time, I can only imagine what Guest Relations are going through. We all just need to keep in mind the following: Any time there is a new product being put out, there will be problems.. Once everything is ironed out, I think this service will be Super!

Upvote 0

Invero

cj2me said:
The Disney Welcome Center is at Baggage Claim A, (so if your baggage goes to Baggage claim B you have to get your bags and then go to baggage claim A )

It doesn't matter which baggage claim your bags would have gone to, they will not show up on the belt. They will be pulled behind the scenes.

cj2me said:
There are 2 problems I see with the opertion main problem is that anyone can use this and you dont have to pre-register so how are they gaging how many people are coming in at a given time.

You MUST register for DME at least 10 days prior to arrival. If you do not, you will not be able to use DME.

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

We're arriving in orlando around 8am on the 15th so i hope there won't be a big wait at that time at the DME are, since its a sunday. We're with a charter, so the whole plane coming in is goin to disney. don't know though how many are using this service. The travel agent today said its unlikely we'll get the tags in time, but theres always hope. My question is though we have no papers showing we have the service, do we just give them our name and they look it up. Kinda nervous about all this, even more nervous about goin back to the airport at the end of the trip. And this new thing were people are just walkin up without prior arrangements is just plain ludicrous. they should have a second line for those people only. and give priorty service to the ones that booked ahead of time. Ill just pray alot of the problems are somewhat resolved by sunday.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
JPVonDrake said:
Belle is correct, Mears cannot be booked other then through DME. The delays, luggage claims and other problems, although not yet perfected are being quicky corrected. Some of the major problems stem from

The outside company that is printing and sending out the luggage tags (hopefully to be replaced soon.)

The number of guest that are not booked at all or booked without calling back with flight information are expecting to use this service. (Disney really cannot say no to these guest)

The number of flights comming in at the same time is overwheming the staff. Staffing is currently being increased as quickly as possible with both Mears and Disney.

Hopefully all these and other challenges with the system will be resolved in a few days.

JP I have had clients who I called in their air months ago who had departure days wrong, etc. I spoke to a person who works in finance and she told me that her mother who is a manager for the cruise line was going to go over to take over the DME with some other managers from the cruise line to try to straighten things out because it was such a mess.
Do we have any idea of how long until they get things under control. I am afraid to book any more clients with this service.

Pam

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Kingdom Konsultant said:
JP I have had clients who I called in their air months ago who had departure days wrong, etc. I spoke to a person who works in finance and she told me that her mother who is a manager for the cruise line was going to go over to take over the DME with some other managers from the cruise line to try to straighten things out because it was such a mess.
Do we have any idea of how long until they get things under control. I am afraid to book any more clients with this service.

Pam

I have every faith that the start up challenges will be corrected as soon as possible. I too have heard that Management from several areas of Disney (DRL included) have been assisting with solvings issues both internal and with Mears, BAGS Inc, ARINC Incorporated, and the other third party companies involved to increase efficencies with the Magical Express service. Many of the airport and luggage delays have already been decreased since the service began on May 5th.

We have been told at DRC to advice guest who arrive within 5 days and have not received their DME travel documents and luggage tags, please call DME Guest Services at 1-866-599-0951 to verify your flight information and receive further instructions.

Guest may book Disney's Magical Express up to 2 days prior to your arrival at the Walt Disney World® Resort. If a guest books less then 21 days prior to arrival every effort will be made to get your travel documents in time. If within 2 days of arrival, you will be transferred to Disney's Magical Express Guest Services and every effort will be made to accommodate you.

Disney is encouraging guest to book their DME reservation pre-arrival so that you fully benefit from the service and a seamless luggage delivery to your resort room. If you arrive at the airport without a reservation, every effort will be made to accommodate you. In this instance, you must claim your luggage.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I truly do hope it settles down soon. I don't think that I can take another client yelling at me because they have not recieved their tags yet.
Thanks JP for the insight.

Pam

Upvote 0

cj2me

Invero said:
It doesn't matter which baggage claim your bags would have gone to, they will not show up on the belt. They will be pulled behind the scenes.

If you dont receive your tags it is recommended you pull your own baggage

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Boy am I glad that I won't have to deal with this nightmare! (At least I'm assuming i won't.) I booked my trip with Mears before this whole ME thing was created, so I won't have to go through all this hassle right? Mears is still shuttling people, correct??? (I know they aren't the BEST, but please say I'm right)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
cj2me said:
Invero said:

If you dont receive your tags it is recommended you pull your own baggage

I'm just curious. Who told you to take your own bags? I haven't recieved anything saying this. JP is this true?

Pam

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

If you DME luggage tags are attached to your bags, they will be pulled behind the scenes and as of late have been arriving 30-60 minutes after the guest to the resort. This delivery delay has been reducing daily.

If your luggage is not tagged, you simply provide the DME cast members with your baggage claim tickets and Disney WILL pull your luggage for you and deliver it to your room. The luggage delivery is somewhat longer, but again this delay has been reducing daily.

The cast at DRC is never to suggest to a guest to pull their own luggage.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Senderella

gabtic said:
Ok, I'm very scared. 38 of us leaving the 12th. Of course no tags and at this point I don't think I'm using them even if they come. My plan is to direct my family to baggage clame where we will pick up our oun luggage and go to ME.

What do you think? Will there buss have room for all of us and our luggage? Will we have to wait for ever? Should we just pay Quicksilver?

we did. i decided to call quicksilver yesterday and book a car. even if the kinks do get ironed out by the 17th... i don't want to gamble with that. lol normally i don't mind gambling but i just don't want to chance it this time. it's like i told dh.. why are we going to deal with bs in florida when we can stay home and deal w/ bs for free? lol possible dme bs is not the way i want to kick off my vacation. i'd consider switching especially with that many people to account for.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

nibblesandbits said:
Boy am I glad that I won't have to deal with this nightmare! (At least I'm assuming i won't.) I booked my trip with Mears before this whole ME thing was created, so I won't have to go through all this hassle right? Mears is still shuttling people, correct??? (I know they aren't the BEST, but please say I'm right)
I really am not sure that Mears will be the company that would take you!!! I Am pretty sure it would be DME at this point. I will however defer to our expert on this one. JP is there any chance that say a year ago someone booked Mears, paid the money for that and in fact is going to be getting the Mears Service? I Am definitely not talking about the Mears towncar services which I would put into the same catagory as Quicksilver, Tiffany etc. I really do mean the shuttle service? Thanks!! Belle

Upvote 0

cj2me

Kingdom Konsultant said:
cj2me said:
I'm just curious. Who told you to take your own bags? I haven't recieved anything saying this. JP is this true?

Pam

When I called DME before I left they said you can get your own bags off of Baggage claim and when we arrived the DME Rep asked if we wanted to get our own bags or have DME get them for us.

Also, there were several people who received the tags but they fell off, please make sure they are securly binded together.

Upvote 0

xtimMOOthyx

Well have I got a story for all of you. My mom just got back from a Mother's Day trip at WDW. She was on a resort bus with friends and they were talking with the bus driver. They always have the best stories. He told them that people were waiting up to 3 HOURS at the airport after getting off the plane at Orlando to get their bags, getting on the bus, and getting to their room. Some people did not get their bags until the next morning. Here's the best one...one ME bus driver parked his bus at the gas station near Typhoon Lagoon and got off the bus, left the bus there, with a BUS FULL OF PEOPLE! He just left! He was so frustrated. If I were you, I would book a towncar with Tiffany Towncar. We use them everytime that we go to WDW, and we have never had a problem. Great service!

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

I would not believe everything you hear, especially from some of the bus drivers! (Tyler not included. :))

Some of these stories have probably been enhanced a few degrees with each rendition. I'm sure there have been problems with the new service, but doubt anyone has went all night without luggage or waited for 3 hours at the airport.

Tyler, JP, Brent, and some of the other CMs can probably say whether or not these stories are true or if they have been stretched. I'm sure Brent would have had his ear bent by some irrate guests if they had waited for hours at the airport or if their luggage didn't show up until the next day.

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
UPDATE:

i am starting to here some good things. wait times are going down every day. people from the cruise line service are coming over to get things in order. i sounds like it is already heading in the write direction. if you go on mousesaver.com there is good article on the service. read it is very informative. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I am sure they are only a week or 2 at most in having all the kinks worked out. Its a big undertaking and I am glad I am not involved with it.

Upvote 0

bucklmd

What is this, the complaint department? There sure is a whole lot of grumbling considering this is a free service that Disney never had to implement in the first place. I'm sure we pay for it somewhere along the line, but cut them some slack. It JUST started.

I am leaving tomorrow (Thursday the 12th) and we are going to Universal first, so just using DME on the return. I got my tags via FedEx yesterday. Does anyone know how long before your flight you have to leave your resort? I am a last minute person and want to maximize my time in the parks. I really don't want to have to leave 3 hours before my flight or something crazy like that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom