not so magical i guess

bears163

i have not read one good thing about the express yet. on mouse savers.com there is a really good report on there. it really sounds bad. you would think they would ahve most of these things ironed out already. but not to send the luggage tags out. that is terrible. i go in december i would rather pay the 100 for the van then to go through the not so magical express. i just hope they fix this soon

Thrawn

Account Suspended
bears163 said:
i have not read one good thing about the express yet. on mouse savers.com there is a really good report on there. it really sounds bad. you would think they would ahve most of these things ironed out already. but not to send the luggage tags out. that is terrible. i go in december i would rather pay the 100 for the van then to go through the not so magical express. i just hope they fix this soon

Ironed out by now? You do realize it started 3 days ago, right?

Upvote 0

Invero

I've read some decent reviews of DME. The only problem that is surfacing is the delay in getting the luggage to the room. Reports are saying that this is due to the computers not being online yet, and everything having to be done by hand. Once the computers are up and running (which should be very soon), things will be going MUCH quicker.

Upvote 0

swimmom

I'm waiting patiently for the good reviews once all the problems are ironed out. I don't think that any new program of any kind gets off without any problems. It's to be expected!

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
i do realize it just started but i am sure they have tested it over and over again. i mean come one this is disney. you would think atleast the luggage tags would have been sent out. i think it will all be fixed quickly but it just does not look good from the start. thats all

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Thrawn said:

There shouldn't be any problems to iron out. They have cruise line, which is exactly the same thing. Luggage tags are sent out, luggage collected at airport, you board bus, arrive at port canaveral, check in and luggage is delivered to stateroom in a few hours of boarding.

I hope they sort the problems out, I usually rent a car and was considering using the ME instead of renting.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I have read the reports to and most of them are about the wait time of their luggage to get there. I know when I go to wdw grabbing my bags is the worst part. after that is when the vacation starts. I trust Disney enough to get my bags to my room so I am packing my camera, etc. into my carryon so if i do lose my bags temporarily, it will be my clothes and nothing very very valuable to me. If it is gone for more than a day then I would worry. Im sure they will work this out. everything new needs to adjusted to and im sure this will all work out soon. i still have hope for DME!

Upvote 0

jacksnightmare

I called about the magical express a few days ago because I havent received my luggage tags yet either. They told me that they have had problems with the computers and the whole ME was turned over to another department other than Disney reservations. So it is still Disney but if you call reservations they forward you. When I called they had the day I was coming in but not what airline, so if you have reserved a seat you should call back to make sure that it is confirmed. About the luggage tags they said that if they dont get to you the airport will put one of their tags on it and that is how ME will know how to pick it up. I am sure that there has been problems with the whole express starting out, it is a huge thing to undertake. Hopefully in the next few weeks everything will be working perfect.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

The delays I've dealt with are getting bags from the airport to the resorts. Once bags are getting to resorts, it's going pretty quickly to the rooms.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, some people may be happy to know that our party provided some on-the-job training for at least 2 drivers yesterday - our party included 2 electric wheelchairs, which they hadn't really done much training on. Unfortunately, the bus didn't show up until the time it was supposed to be leaving, so it was late from the start.

I think the system will work just fine, just give it a little time to work out the bugs. Just remember what they probably have to do to get this thing working!

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

Frustrated

FRUSTRATED!!!! That's what I am at this point. I am big believer in Disney and never really had a problem until this year. My husband and I are Annual Passholders and so I signed up for the Disney Dining Experience card thing. We have yet to receive our cards. I spoke with them for close to an hour today and they said I should get them in two to three weeks, which won't so us any good since we leave May 18th and this will be our last trip this upcoming year. And then I spoke with DME which was just another waste of time because they gave the normal talk thing about the printing and that I should get them in a few days, and if not, then call back. I am getting really frustrated, because in the past, you could check on everything with one phone call. I had to call 3 different places today! That means 4 different wait times (because people at DME didn't know anything about DDE and couldn't transfer me), plus more when talking to other people at the same places. I think the whole Disney system right now is screwed up and they need to find a way to fix it fast. Their word and estimated arrival dates are completely wrong and they never even notify the customer of their mess ups. I never received a letter about any of the problems they are having with any of their programs, I have never received a Mickey Monitor, and if it weren't for these post from other people, I would be completely lost. I feel sorry for the other Disney Customers out there that haven't found wdwmagic. Sorry for the ranting, but it's been one of those days.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

WendyTinkerbell said:
FRUSTRATED!!!! That's what I am at this point. I am big believer in Disney and never really had a problem until this year. My husband and I are Annual Passholders and so I signed up for the Disney Dining Experience card thing. We have yet to receive our cards. I spoke with them for close to an hour today and they said I should get them in two to three weeks, which won't so us any good since we leave May 18th and this will be our last trip this upcoming year. And then I spoke with DME which was just another waste of time because they gave the normal talk thing about the printing and that I should get them in a few days, and if not, then call back. I am getting really frustrated, because in the past, you could check on everything with one phone call. I had to call 3 different places today! That means 4 different wait times (because people at DME didn't know anything about DDE and couldn't transfer me), plus more when talking to other people at the same places. I think the whole Disney system right now is screwed up and they need to find a way to fix it fast. Their word and estimated arrival dates are completely wrong and they never even notify the customer of their mess ups. I never received a letter about any of the problems they are having with any of their programs, I have never received a Mickey Monitor, and if it weren't for these post from other people, I would be completely lost. I feel sorry for the other Disney Customers out there that haven't found wdwmagic. Sorry for the ranting, but it's been one of those days.

Let me try to assist you...

Your DME travel documents and luggage tags should arrive about 4-5 days prior to your arrival, no more. Since you stated you are arriving on May 18th, if they do not arrive by May 14th call DME toll free 1-866-599-0951.

Your DDE card can be sent to your Disney Resort if you are arriving before it can be sent in the mail. Please call back to Disney Dinning Experience to provide your Resort and arrival date by calling direct to 407-566-5858.

To ensure you get a Mickey Monitor and Passholder E-mails, you should call passholder information at 1-407-560-PASS, where first you will be connected to central reservations, you then simply let the agent know you have not received your passholder mailing and you need to speak with a Passholder Information Agent, the CRO castmember will need to transfer you. A second option is simply to go to a Guest Relations Office located at one of the four major theme parks (this cannot be done at a resort hotel) to verify and update your e-mail & address in the system.

I hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I witnessed first hand some major problems with the new Magical express. Everything from people not being in the system to wrong departure dates to delayed luggage.
I just came back and I took Quick Silver round trip....

Pam

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

Thank you for your response JP. I spoke with two people at DDE. The first was not helpful at all. The second, a manager type, also said it would be two to three weeks. Then she tried to say that it went out for shipment on Friday, but will still take at least a week and half for shipping. She said something about it having to go to Pennsylvania. Why there? I have no idea. Then said that they would leave me a letter at EPCOT guest relations that I could pick up. I told her that we were not going to EPCOT until 3 days into our trip. She said that's all she could do. They cannot e-mail or fax things anymore because legal has told them they could not do so. I told her that I think it's ridiculous that we paid and signed up for something that we will not be able to use for half our trip. ANd once again she said that's all they could do, and maybe if I took my old expired letter to restaurants they might let me use it, and if they are open, they could call and speak with her. But as you know, they are only open MON-FRI like 9-5. Finally after a while she said she could mail me new letter and leave one at EPCOT.

I was just really frustrated at this point after spending this much time on the phone with them. I signed up for both these services well before the deadlines, and even as I was on the phone with them, their story changed.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
shoppingnut said:
There shouldn't be any problems to iron out. They have cruise line, which is exactly the same thing. Luggage tags are sent out, luggage collected at airport, you board bus, arrive at port canaveral, check in and luggage is delivered to stateroom in a few hours of boarding.

I hope they sort the problems out, I usually rent a car and was considering using the ME instead of renting.

I don't know the amount of people on a DCL, but I know roughly 800 rooms. So call it 1600 pieces of luggage, all going to the same place. Very different from what can be 10000 pieces of luggage all going to 20 different resorts.

They had a problem with printing the luggage tags, but, come on people, give them a week at least.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I did speak to a higher up at Disney when I was just there. (they actually gave me a ride to my resort) And I was told that they were sending managers from the Disney Cruise line over to take over the Magical Express in order to get it all straightened out because of all of the problems.

Pam

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
boy there is no magic on this thread. i am kinf of sorry i started it in the first place. but it is also good in away that is is helping some people. it is really sad that they did not have this all figured out by may 5th. i now it just started but its not the first time they have used this kind of service.

Upvote 0

cj2me

I just got back from WDW. We were so frustrated with DME we took quicksilver on our return trip to the OIA. It took several people from our Hotel (Port Orleans FQ) 5 HOURS to get from OIA. Several people that had their luggage tagged, did not receive their luggage for 3 days. According to Quiksilver, they are getting a lot of call for return trips to OIA. You may want to rethink your plans on the DME. DME was in a test pilot for one month prior to May 5.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom