Not only the rides need renovating...

Sammyste

Original Poster
I've been to WDW a couple times this year already and found that i haven't had as much fun as in the past. Maybe this was due to the broken/renovated state that it is in, but I believe with a little Disney magic this can be fixed. Obviously Disney can not just shut down rides to perform huge renovations because it would not please or leave good memories with their customers. But i believe they can make some changes to the park area surrounding all of the key rides in Disney. For example last year when I was in Epcot during the flower and garden festival I felt much more at home even though little to nothing had changed to it in between my trips. I just think they should try to make a different theme for each park throughout the year with maybe only one couple month break. And I've also noticed some areas in which paint is wearing away and they are just ignoring it like we are at Universal or something. Those are just some simple ideas Disney can do to bring some of the magic of Disney that I am beginning to miss for the first time in my life. As much as people want it, Disney can not succumb to the thrill seekers of the world and must retain its original heritage as a place for parents and kids to have fun as a family even when waiting in a 120 minute line for Soarin'. :p

MickeyMind

pre-harry potter I wouldve agreed with the universal statement.. POST harry potter, I have to politely DISagree.. I did not see one broken effect, chipped paint or any other maintenance issues. I went 2 weeks ago and the place looks better than it ever has. Even on the old rides like e.t. seemed like everything was working as it should, all the fog scenes were up and spraying, no broken lights. I really have to congratulate uni for stepping up their game.

Back to your original post, I'm not quite sure what you mean but every park except for ak has its own special celebrations or promotional "themes"

I'm guessing this was just a post to remind us that disney needs to get back on the ball? Which I totally agree with, they practically invented the theme park and they held themselves to their immaculate maintenance standards from the time the park opened until about the mid 90s, thats when it seems like maintenance issues started being sacrificed to save money. They need to bring themselves back up to the standards they themselves created.

Sammyste

Original Poster
Mickeymind, that's all i was going for in that post, I just can't think of any advice for Disney rather than maybe a couple week closing during the off season to put forward a huge reenovation to all the parks, not by building new rides but asthetically. I have also noticed a drop in "magic" from the cast members also. I've never really complained about Disney throughout all of the years I have been there, but returning from a Disney trip 2 days ago something has changed and it is not for the good.

Jakester

It sure would be nice to see it in tip-top shape. but you have to remember, unlike Disneyland which has 2parks and 3hotels, WDW has 4theme Parks, 2waterParks, and over 30Hotels. I could kinda see the cost being an issue, but it should never be an excuse to let it get really rundown like it has been recently (Splash, BlackTarp on BTMRR, Yeti, ect.)

Sammyste

Original Poster
I just can't see how money is a problem when they just built 2 new ships and are going to dish out 1.1 billion for California adventure. :veryconfu

CAPTAIN HOOK

Perhaps they could give all guests a tin of paint and a brush and when attending a Fast Pass machine you get two tickets, one gives a ride time and the other a painting location and time :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It sure would be nice to see it in tip-top shape. but you have to remember, unlike Disneyland which has 2parks and 3hotels, WDW has 4theme Parks, 2waterParks, and over 30Hotels.
All of which they charge guests a small fortune for...

Texas84

I go to the parks and I always have a great time. I don't spend any of that time looking for flaws. Just sayin. :shrug:

SeaBase86

I just can't see how money is a problem when they just built 2 new ships and are going to dish out 1.1 billion for California adventure. :veryconfu

Money is not the problem at all. They made over 2 billion dollars last year from 3 movies (and they did release more than 3) and continue to be the world's most visited theme park vacation destination. Not to mention their cruise ships are almost always sold out.

To be honest I really don't know what it is. Maybe they're resting on the Disney name or maybe the big suits don't have the drive to make sure everything is 110% beautiful.

I just don't know I wish it would change though.

Sammyste

Original Poster
Yea it's getting rediculous and I feel really bad when I see people going there for the first time and having to remember and experience Disney world in such bad condition. Maybe its time to move Iger out and bring someone in who actually understands the magic which used to be Disney. :eek:

Magicstylerz

I recently returned from a week long stay @ WDW and i'm sad to report that a few of my favorite things have been effectively "nerfed". Much of the attention to detail that makes Disney so special is still present at the parks, and I had a wonderful time overall.... but it was clear to me that certain attractions were losing the qualities that made them so special in the first place. Multiple rides experienced a shutdown while I was riding, for up to 20 minutes. Obviously, the problems with Splash Mountain have been covered on these boards, so I won't even get into the horror of what I experienced on that attraction. But I must say I was absolutely appalled with what seemed to be a lack of effort at the Tower of Terror. No music in the queue, bright lighting, a few scattered cobwebs, cheerful/smiling cast members....... i mean, are they for real....? Without the elaborate theming that makes this ride so special, i might as well go ride some random drop tower @ any six flags..... its the same thing. Also, some of the cast members throughout the parks appeared completely uninterested in what they were doing. I know some of those jobs aren't the most exciting thing in the world, but at least try to look like you care. There was this one dude at BTMR that was just staring at the wall for a solid 5 minutes, never blinked once. Disney is still my favorite vacation spot and it'll take a lot more than what I've mentioned above to change that...... but I gotta agree with my boy Sammyste that they've clearly gone backwards in quality over the past few years. I really hope that they can work on getting back to the standards they've set for quality at the parks. PS..... get stitch outta tomorrowland, that ride is the worst!!!!!!

Mongomil

Alright it really strikes a nerve when anyone uses the "MONEY" card when it comes to Disney. It is all in how they want to distribute it. The one thing that was always used for a moto there was build it and they will come. I have never heard anyone say "hey they built something new at Disney lets not go check it out." Ya Roy had to pull Walt to earth a couple of times, but overall he spent the money to do what he wanted. Once it opened they continued to do the same spend the money to do things during the night shift. If they give the pay for third shift plenty of people would work it and you can do alot then. That way things would not interfere with customers. Yes there is alot that needs help down there right now and they can fix all of it if they want. But to me it pretty much seems like they don't want to. If something needs fixing shut it down and fix it. Do not just keep patching it and letting it break down. Yes some people will complain that the ride or buiding was not open but it is much better than having it break down. Word of mouth is alot of your advertisment. Which would you want. Oh it was shut down for referb or darn ride broke down while we was on it and we was stuck for a half hour. Yes they try for better than average and they still do. But lately they almost seem like a run of the mill amusement park so some.

Goofnut1980

I go to the parks and I always have a great time. I don't spend any of that time looking for flaws. Just sayin. :shrug:

You know I am there with you... I have only been to the World a total of 29 times (weeks) but every time I go, I am just so happy to be there. Something minor like paint is not preventing me from having a good time...

I bet half of the people that do all of this complaining in these forums have some paint chipped off their walls at home... and they pay a good price to live in that home and I bet they don't complain about that. :ROFLOL: I would rather see some paint scratched off rather than a ride being shut down for a long time. Only question I have is, when they do facade restoration, what takes so long to repaint. I think 5 of us could get together and repaint in the matter of days... not months! :lookaroun

tirian

You know I am there with you... I have only been to the World a total of 29 times (weeks) but every time I go, I am just so happy to be there. Something minor like paint is not preventing me from having a good time...

I bet half of the people that do all of this complaining in these forums have some paint chipped off their walls at home... and they pay a good price to live in that home and I bet they don't complain about that. :ROFLOL: I would rather see some paint scratched off rather than a ride being shut down for a long time. Only question I have is, when they do facade restoration, what takes so long to repaint. I think 5 of us could get together and repaint in the matter of days... not months! :lookaroun

So you're saying you're fine spending money to get into WDW, only to find the majority of special effects are broken or turned off, even though they've raised their prices?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Only question I have is, when they do facade restoration, what takes so long to repaint. I think 5 of us could get together and repaint in the matter of days... not months! :lookaroun

They are also replacing wood and other elements that has either rotted or become otherwise unsuitable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom