Not Impressed with Pandora

Lou Filerman

Original Poster
Everyone expected Pandora to be lit up like Tomorrowland at night. Personally, I think it looks great. It's light enough to be beautiful but dark enough to feel mysterious and exotic. People are just mad that their smartphones can't take pretty pictures of it for social media.
Not true...at least from my standpoint. I don't have social media. I just thought it wasn't enough.

disneygeek90

Those "floating" rocks in the sky aren't very convincing from what I've seen in photos. I'm looking forward to seeing Pandora some day, but right now I'm waiting for things to die down some. I'm afraid that even with a FastPass, the waits will be long.
They're very convincing. Pictures don't do it justice. Waits for FoP usually hover around the 90-120 minute mark. And it's completely worth it.

Chef Mickey

Don't get me wrong...the detail is amazing. I just was expecting more out of of the nighttime land. Also, FOP is a clone of Soarin with a couple bells a whistles so it just didn't do it for me. Again, I love that this land takes the heat off of Everest so I can now ride that 3 times in a row on most mornings before the crowds start. To each their own, this just didn't do it for me.
FOP is FAR more than a "clone" of Soarin' with bells and whistles. Those bells and whistles make it completely different. Soarin' is an IMAX movie with a few bells and whistles.

Posts like the OP and this just prove no one will ever be happy, no matter what is put forth. Just stay at home and be impressed with Facebook, Instagram, and reality TV.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
Ok, so I have to agree with NRJ being a let down a little. In my opinion FOP is one of the best rides I've ever been on, but that's me.:hilarious:

However, I have HIGH respect for the land itself. The detail that went into the land with each plant and decoration was so amazing to me. Every waterfall and vine was specifically placed. The land even smelled like a mixture of dirt and just earth in general. It was absolutely beautiful. I have so much respect for the Imagineers and the time it took to incorporate every single plant and rock that you walk past in that land. At night is gorgeous as well, with the "glowing" pathways and such. I think that people who love nature like myself, truly enjoy Pandora. I don't even like the Avatar movies but The World of Pandora was absolutely beautiful. And FOP is worth going on!
0212ZT-0063aKP.jpeg

I have the same feelings you do, to the tee. NRJ was okay, with the shaman animatronic being quite impressive. Visually pretty but still wish there was more to it. FOP was spectacular-much and more than Soarin'. I really felt immersed; for me, it definitely felt like I was part of it all. Pandora itself was visually amazing, I thought. I, too, enjoy flora, so this was well done for a fictional land. I didn't get to see it at night (we didn't want to drag the kids out late), but I'm hoping with an upcoming trip, I do.

Note: I had FPs for both rides (on different days) during my recent trip, so I didn't see queues or anything like that. I'm not sure if I would wait in standby for NRJ, but would wait for FOP, if, perhaps, the wait was reasonable.

cjkeating

I'm still struggling with the concept of a "land" only having two attractions. But other than that I'm happy to see WDW putting the attention to detail into the theme of Pandora.

I hope you don't have high expectations for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge...

Lou Filerman

Original Poster
FOP is FAR more than a "clone" of Soarin' with bells and whistles. Those bells and whistles make it completely different. Soarin' is an IMAX movie with a few bells and whistles.

Posts like the OP and this just prove no one will ever be happy, no matter what is put forth. Just stay at home and be impressed with Facebook, Instagram, and reality TV.
Or. Maybe people just have a different opinion than you without it being impacted by Facebook or instagram. I'm not on either of those and didn't like FOP or Pandora. Why do you immediately assume it's because of Facebook? No one can differ from your opinion? I am very happy with a lot in Disney especially with their upgrades lately. Frozen is an upgrade. The new test track was an upgrade so enough with the blanket statement just because we don't bow down to your opinion.

Lou Filerman

Original Poster
Avatar Flight of Passage is a 3D augmented reality attraction and Soarin' is an IMAX simulator using technology that dates to the late 90s. They have vastly different ride vehicles, systems, motions, and visceral experiences. So no...not clones. But please don't let those facts deter you from believing your own reality.
You sit in a chair and the screen moves and you watch it move and you move with it. Clone.

DABIGCHEEZ

Question for those that visited Pandora at night, right when it opened... Was the whole land and paths lit up or just by the entrance to the land for you? The reason I ask is because when we went at night(in mid Aug).. the only part that had pathway lit was at the entrance by the huge flower. The pathways in the land by FOP entrance and around Pandora itself were very dark... and as I said in my separate review underwhelming. Pandora is much more stunning during the day IMO.

NRJ was a disappointment as the only thing I was looking forward to was the Shaman... and we got B mode video screen of shaman. We will never need to wait for this again unless it is 10 mins or less. FOP was a great ride on its own.(Are we really going back and forth about if it is like Soarin or not?) Different tech but same basic effect. We rode it twice, but in my opinion does not have the re-ridability as an Everest, TOT, or any Disney Mtn. Only a once per trip for us starting next time. Different flights would probably change this.

Chef Mickey

Or. Maybe people just have a different opinion than you without it being impacted by Facebook or instagram. I'm not on either of those and didn't like FOP or Pandora. Why do you immediately assume it's because of Facebook? No one can differ from your opinion? I am very happy with a lot in Disney especially with their upgrades lately. Frozen is an upgrade. The new test track was an upgrade so enough with the blanket statement just because we don't bow down to your opinion.
No, I still think it proves people complain regardless. I gave my opinion, you gave yours...

I think I'm right, but no one asked you to do any bowing.

Soarin' and FOP are about as similar as Everest and 7DMT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom