Not another Hat Thread AKA Will the Hat be gone by the end of this year?

aladdin2007

Flatten the hat I say!! Tacky thing. Would be great to see the Christmas tree in front of the theater again, the park use to look so nice until they went and added that big plastic mr potatoe head piece.

Love the african queen sirgoofy, and finally it comes to dvd in march :wave:

cdunbar

Thanks. I'd love to be able to look down the Boulevard and see Grauman's again!
Agreed 1,000% I can remember from my childhood DHS being a stellar park, things obviously have changed some for the better, some not and the BAH is IMHO a not.....:shrug:
Flatten the hat I say!! Tacky thing. Would be great to see the Christmas tree in front of the theater again, the park use to look so nice until they went and added that big plastic mr potatoe head piece.

Love the african queen sirgoofy, and finally it comes to dvd in march :wave:
The tree inside the park would be a big plus! :lol:

jt04

Where is the sheriff to weigh in on this?? OHHH SHERIFF??? :ROFLOL:

I really wonder if the sheriff has even been to DHS since the hat was added. Because I have to think if so it would have been long gone. I am just thinking if the plan will be to have it out of there for the opening of ST2. Because the theater would make for some great ceremonial photo ops.

Perhaps George Lucas can use the same Jedi mind tricks that were apparently employed to rid Future World of a certain wand.

GL- "You don't need that hat screwing up the aesthetics of the park"

Sherrif- "Yes, we don't need that hat screwing up the aesthetics of the park"

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed 1,000% I can remember from my childhood DHS being a stellar park, things obviously have changed some for the better, some not and the BAH is IMHO a not.....:shrug:

The tree inside the park would be a big plus! :lol:

And then they could move the Water Tower to that planter. :D

Wait, what?

cdunbar

And then they could move the Water Tower to that planter. :D

Wait, what?
The big DHS tree is just before the turnstiles, correct? They have smaller trees throughout the park but the big one is outside the turnstiles, right? I haven't been there at Christmas since, gosh 2002/2003...Tell me if I'm wrong because I thought that's just what I saw in the pictures....:shrug:

WDW Vacationer

In the D23 spring edition,they did say one of the new FL structures,I forget which,would join Cinderella Castle,SpaceShip Earth,Hollywood Studios' Chinese Theater,and the Tree of Life as an icon.

No mention of the hat.:lookaroun

_Scar

In the D23 spring edition,they did say one of the new FL structures,I forget which,would join Cinderella Castle,SpaceShip Earth,Hollywood Studios' Chinese Theater,and the Tree of Life as an icon.

No mention of the hat.:lookaroun

Nice info!

I wonder if that structure is Cinderella's Chateau
:shrug:

Andrew54

Did you go before they had it?

I did not, I have seen pictures and do think the view was much nicer of the GMR. I just dont see them tearing down such a large structure, that they have been using as an icon for 10 years. But it wouldnt be the first time I was wrong.

RiversideBunny

Not only was the view nicer before they built the hat, there was more open space in front of the GMR area.
Room for performances, etc.

Also at Christmas time the Studios Christmas tree was there.

:)

krankenstein

I did not, I have seen pictures and do think the view was much nicer of the GMR. I just dont see them tearing down such a large structure, that they have been using as an icon for 10 years. But it wouldnt be the first time I was wrong.

The area was much nicer before it. They had a very nice, open hub with a simply gorgeous weenie. The BAH makes it feel cluttered to me, and it looks tacky.

LudwigVonDrake

I really don't mind the hat. There are too many other issues with the park to worry about the hat. They need to add more attractions to the park and removal of the hat won't help in that regard.

tirian

I don't care either way. Seems like a huge thing for them to tear down though and not replace with anything.

Yeah, it is a "huge thing": the entrance will look like WDI intended instead of Toys-R-Us. :lol:

FWIW, the clip art regarding park icons is highly controlled. (But let's ignore the fact that the TTC never updated its sign.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom