Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpittore1

We're going June 4-11th...I'm hoping there will be an "unofficial/soft" opening. We were lucky with Mt. Everest at AK. They had a soft opening before the grand opening with Mt. Everest and we rode before the grand opening. The only requirement was we had to do a survey AFTER the ride. "fingers crossed" they do this with Norway. I don't think we will be as lucky on a "soft opening" for Soaring because they don't want any leaks before Shanghai.

Brian Swan

FP+?

Will have to book it at 60d, but should make it available, right?
If you're on line by 12:00:10. And with length-of-stay FPP booking, I don't think even then you'll have much of a chance unless you're going to be there for a week or more and book for your last day.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The parks have ALWAYS had a mix of original music and music from the movies. Do not kid yourself otherwise.
I think the main point is that the original Epcot songs were meant specifically for Epcot. Their melody and lyrics fit perfectly with invention, design, future, and community.

While Let It Go is a great song and had won awards, its just as out of place lyrically as the ride is geographically and thematically for Epcot.

Matt_Black

I think the main point is that the original Epcot songs were meant specifically for Epcot. Their melody and lyrics fit perfectly with invention, design, future, and community.

While Let It Go is a great song and had won awards, its just as out of place lyrically as the ride is geographically and thematically for Epcot.

I could have sworn I've heard instrumental versions of Disney songs in the old Horizons queue area music loop.

Wikkler

Ah, my favorite Epcot songs.
"One little spark, of inspiration
Is at the heart, of all creation.
Right at the start, of everything that's new.
One little spark, lights up for you."

"Shaping a world that will last
Holding the spark
As we embark
On a great journey
Together we're learning to
Reach for hope and desire
Building a world to inspire."

"Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway."

MadMax11

I could have sworn I've heard instrumental versions of Disney songs in the old Horizons queue area music loop.

Really? I don't recall that at all. I listen to Horizons area music on d-cot and have never heard that. Of course, that doesn't mean at one time that they might not have had that there. But I don't remember hearing Disney songs, instrumental or otherwise, in Future World area music.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I listen to Mouseworld radio, and one of the Epcot pavilions had movie songs spliced in, and I know it was Epcot, because it had Epcot originals too.
Again, you - or that site - are mistaken. I think you got old and new mixed up.

EPCOT Center had no movie music, aside from soundbites of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Star Wars and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea in Spaceship Earth in the Cinema show scene and a few excerpts in the Horizons Looking Back at Tomorrow show scene of Metropolis, Magic Highway and Flash Gordan.

You're possibly referring to the 2005 interior loop from The Land.

Last edited:

AEfx

The Rope Dream audio pretty much summed up Epcot at it's prime.

And the early 1980's. I get why folks have all this nostalgia, I certainly do and I really completely understand how folks feel about that era of Epcot. That said...it isn't just EPCOT that changed, the world changed quite a bit as well. If folks had what they say they want Epcot to be like now, it would be wall to wall advertisements and infomercial land.

I agree that Maelstrom was not the most high-tech ride, or had the most consistent story, but it did have two things that rally anyone's imaginations, Vikings and Trolls. It did have some awesome effects, like the three headed troll spell, and the oil rig was pretty amazing.
We don't love it because of the tech, but because of what it inspired, same way Mr. Toad's wild ride was mostly cut outs, but w loved the ride because of what it inspired.

I always had a soft spot for Maelstrom, being the creepy little dark ride it was - but I have to say I giggle a bit when I see someone talking about it as "inspirational". Absence really does make the heart grow fonder - until the announcement it was closing, it was one of the most reviled attractions at WDW. The most conversation you found about it was about skipping the boring little movie at the end. Yet now...it was an inspirational masterpiece! LOL.

FigmentForver96

And the early 1980's. I get why folks have all this nostalgia, I certainly do and I really completely understand how folks feel about that era of Epcot. That said...it isn't just EPCOT that changed, the world changed quite a bit as well. If folks had what they say they want Epcot to be like now, it would be wall to wall advertisements and infomercial land.

I always had a soft spot for Maelstrom, being the creepy little dark ride it was - but I have to say I giggle a bit when I see someone talking about it as "inspirational". Absence really does make the heart grow fonder - until the announcement it was closing, it was one of the most reviled attractions at WDW. The most conversation you found about it was about skipping the boring little movie at the end. Yet now...it was an inspirational masterpiece! LOL.
People keep missing the point. It is not just about the ride that was there. Yes, it needed a makeover but Frozen was not it. Thematically it simply does not make sense.

AEfx

People keep missing the point. It is not just about the ride that was there. Yes, it needed a makeover but Frozen was not it. Thematically it simply does not make sense.

"People" get the point. There are multiple points, though - depending on your, wait for it, point of view.

I was specifically responding to someone who called the previous ride "inspirational".

That said, "the point" you are trying to make would be better served if you didn't say "Thematically it simply does not make sense". I know that this is a mantra that keeps getting repeated, but it is so intentionally obtuse. There is plenty of connection (ask Norway, the real country - how much their tourism has directly increased due to Frozen for just one example).

You may not think it has enough of a connection, or not like the character connection, etc. - but folks who are pretty much playing dumb in saying "it does not make any sense" in spite of the overwhelming evidence are just using it as rhetoric and just sound like "finger in my ears while I yell" instead of actually having a discussion about it. These dogmatic absolutes around here are getting frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom