Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

No it won't.

The IP will drive the popularity. Not the product.

Had it been in DHS or the MK it may have been a different matter.

Oh. And purpose built. Like what Tokyos getting. Did I mention that?
The attraction very well could be better than Maelstrom, but that doesn't excuse it's placement.

Intellectual property helps get guests to the park. Guest satisfaction helps get guests to return. Quality (and cohesive theming/placemaking is a part of that) is far more important to guest satisfaction than intellectual property.

Disney is ignorantly looking at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Cars Land and thinking that the reason those lands are successful are because they're attached to an intellectual property. That is only part of the story.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Intellectual property helps get guests to the park. Guest satisfaction helps get guests to return. Quality (and cohesive theming/placemaking is a part of that) is far more important to guest satisfaction than intellectual property.
Indeed.

Guest satisfaction would score no matter what park this was in. Screwing with the chosen location is a desperate attempt by Burbank and TDO to boost Epcots figures now they've realised propping up the park with "festivals" has a finite lifespan.

tribbleorlfl

I just dont understand why people get so upset and/or offended if the topic strays off course a bit. Its a freaking Disney fan forum, not the Dow Jones where up to the minute accuracy is needed. If a grown man or woman cant log in to this discussion without being upset because its not 1,000,000% on topic, then they have bigger issues in life that need much more immediate attention than any update of the Norway Pavilion construction. If theres no news and you think the thread should die, then why click on it in the first place? Seriously, how hard is it to log in, scroll down the page and see if there is an update? It may take all of 20 seconds to realize theres nothing new. Then you can just log out, or join another discussion. Why cry about it being off topic? Because you wasted 20 seconds of your time? It takes longer to type out the message to complain about it, which is actually just as off topic as anything else. Again, we are grown people. Crying about off topic Disney discussion is just sad
Now, I am as guilty of perpetuating thread drift as the next person, but I get what @WDWFREAK53 is saying. I manage which threads to visit like I imagine everyone else does: by looking at bolded thread titles (indicating new posts have been added since the last time I visited the thread) and alerts. As it stands, there's no way to know if the new posts contain relevant construction news prior to clicking the topic.

As @wdwmagic said in the very first post of this thread, the discussion around the appropriateness of (or lack thereof of) Frozen replacing Maelstrom belongs in Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion. "Any posts that do not follow this guideline will be deleted." I'm guessing the mods just gave up with so many people blatantly disregarding the owner of this site's wishes.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There are A&E M&G FPPs at MK through June 11th, so assuming that if the ride and M&G are slated to open at the same time, not until after that...

yeah that's what I was afraid of... though it seems they "could" open the ride before moving the characters... if they wanted to that is

My guess is they want to open Soarin and Frozen at the same time to thin out the crowds between the 2....sucks for those of us like me going there early June however

mitchk

image.jpeg
So much has changed since 2004.

UpAllNight

Will people on here atleast give this ride a fair review, or is it doomed to failure from the off because of its awful placement?

mitchk

Will people on here atleast give this ride a fair review, or is it doomed to failure from the off because of its awful placement?

I'm definitely going to give the ride a few tries in September, I have never said anything negative about this ride to be, I just thought it was crazy how different Epcot was 10 years ago

clemmo

How is June 20th looking for frozen being open. Heading to Epcot around that time though I could switch it back a few days. I was hoping to hit soarin opening and frozen but i'm not sure about this one. Anyone know about how soft openings work? I've personally never seen a soft opening so I have no clue as to if only certain people can get on.

UpAllNight

The opinions on this thread are irrelevant to the people who will be waiting 90 minutes in standby for this.

I agree I'm more referring to people on here as I will hear from them on how good the ride is before I hear of any complaints from guests.

At this stage I'm more interested in the rides merits. Talking about its placement isn't going to change the fact it's happening unfortunately.

The Empress Lilly

But we did give it a fair review. And deemed it a failure. Any Frozen cartoon ride in WS is, by default. The way any 'Mr. Toad's Wild Gambling and Strip Club' smack dab in the middle of Fantasyland would be a massive fail too. One does not need to wait and see the quality of the strippers. It is irrelevant if they would or would not employ the word's greatest strippers.

And yes, arguments that it fits the theme for being a strip attraction 'inspired by princess culture' fail too. As do ones that argue that the exterior looks just like the rest of FL.

Theme and tone and purpose are the yardstick, not intrinsic quality. It doesn't matter if a saxophone player plays a fantastic or mediocre solo. If it is in the wrong key it is a failure, by default. To the detriment of the entire orchestra.

Last edited:

Mike S

No it won't.

The IP will drive the popularity. Not the product.

Had it been in DHS or the MK it may have been a different matter.

Oh. And purpose built. Like what Tokyos getting. Did I mention that?
And Fantasyland in Disneyland to rub salt in the wound even more. I swear, the WDW fan community will implode when that announcement comes. Would it finally be time to storm the Castle?
The opinions on this thread are irrelevant to the people who will be waiting 90 hours in standby for this.
;)

Soarin' Over Pgh

And Fantasyland in Disneyland to rub salt in the wound even more. I swear, the WDW fan community will implode when that announcement comes. Would it finally be time to storm the Castle?

;)
Wait what is DL getting?! I know about the overseas Frozen stuff (mumble grumble) but is our coastal sister getting something too?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom