Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

MagicHappens1971

Question for any show designers here (casual park fans please ignore as this will seem like nitpicking):
Royal-Sommerhus_Full_28229.jpg

Why doesn't WDI theme exit signs anymore? (e.g. The ones in the nearby China pavilion are in an 'oriental' font or the Tower of Terror boiler room ones encased in "iron"). All the ones I've seen from recent developments look like they were bought at Target and it's become one of my biggest pet peeves.

Is it complying with a regulatory change (and the older ones are grandfathered) or is it a cost issue or simply a design oversight?
Edit: oops
15bf646756775a82e73f38a813d54ea2.jpg

MississippiBelle

Question for any show designers here (casual park fans please ignore as this will seem like nitpicking):

Why doesn't WDI theme exit signs anymore? (e.g. The ones in the nearby China pavilion are in an 'oriental' font or the Tower of Terror boiler room ones encased in "iron"). All the ones I've seen from recent developments look like they were bought at Target, and it's become a pet peeve of mine.

Is it complying with a regulatory change (and the older ones are grandfathered) or is it a cost issue or simply a design oversight?

As long as it clearly says the word "Exit" then it shouldn't be a regulatory issue. Perhaps cost? The trashcans are pretty generic too while we are at it. Overall, I think the new area looks great! It sticks to the Norwegian architectural theme and brings a lot of life and vibrancy with the colors. Excited to see what the ride is like when we go in October (maybe it'll be open by then? :p) but my expectations are low. I'm expecting something along the lines of the new Little Mermaid ride.

brb1006

Why doesn't WDI theme exit signs anymore? (e.g. The ones in the nearby China pavilion are in an 'oriental' font or the Tower of Terror boiler room ones encased in "iron"). All the ones I've seen from recent developments look like they were bought at Target, and it's become a pet peeve of mine.

Any photos of the China and Tower Of Terror Exit Signs?

BrerJon

Did WDI always have these last minute issues historically, or is this a recent cultural change that means things like this and Rivers of Light get right down to opening before people realise they don't work?

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure about Florida, but, my experience is that public safety regulations require a brightly lit sign with specific minimum sized block lettering that cannot be confused with anything else. Those exit signs annoy me as well, but, in the event of an emergency I'm sure I would appreciate clearly defining my way out. Fantasy or no!

Goofyernmost

Did WDI always have these last minute issues historically, or is this a recent cultural change that means things like this and Rivers of Light get right down to opening before people realise they don't work?
It all started with the opening of Disneyland in 1955. Things didn't work, they started to and then stopped, they had to be fixed before the next day. Seriously, anything mechanical will have some elements that are not anticipated and Murphy's Law applies even at Disney. It will all get straightened out. In the meantime the words of the CM apply... "this ride isn't going to change your life" so, it might be a good idea to chill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom