Norway Movie Seating ... Is this a cultural thing?

goofyfan13

DisJosh said:
I can't think of any uncomfortable seats....just stinky seats. Splash mountains seats reek! :hurl:

Actually, they have either replaced those handles or cleaned them to all hell recently because the last time I rode it I was extremely shocked to smell no horrible odor anymore. :sohappy: This was as on November 6th.

DisJosh

I'm assuming it's just the dampness. I haven't been since 2000 so it's very possible they changed something. They probably did it during the most recent rehab.

Scott, there was one year I went to WDW and I became extremely paranoid that I stunk for some reason. Come to find out it was just the stink from splash sticking to me. lol It's all I could smell. How was I supposed to charm the ladies if I smelled like wet dog?! :lol:

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Anyone have any concept art of what the Norway ride was going to be like before it got shortened? Or a description? Or something?

pooh2u

Has anyone been to China or Canada. In China there is a soft cushioned seat, with no back. I don't know about anyone else, but after walking around The World Showcase half the day and then going into China I want to lay down. In Canada you have to stand...again when it comes to this...I remember being 8 or 9 and just sitting on the floor.

At least in Norway they have chairs in the first place especially with backs to them.

pooh2u

Wow...I made a mistake. Someone should kill me!

At least Norway gives you seats! China has seating outside of the theater...oops!

barnum42

pooh2u said:
Wow...I made a mistake. Someone should kill me!

At least Norway gives you seats! China has seating outside of the theater...oops!
No killing - it raises too many awkward questions :lol: A simple grovel with suffice ;)

Don't fret it and join in the sillyness :D

I now know the seats you refer to, though I think many people use them more as beds for a quick forty winks.

wdwhoneymooner

barnum42 said:
I now know the seats you refer to, though I think many people use them more as beds for a quick forty winks.

Guilty! :D Once I laid down to rest and admire the ceiling of the pagoda, when suddenly someone turned off the lights :snore:

Jacks Sally

I've never watched the Norway movie
because my little ones would never of been still
be it for 5 min

So I never really paid much attention to the seats :veryconfu

"Aah, Splash Mt...or as I like to call it, the Great Mildew Ride."
:lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Awkward Question

WDWScottieBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisJosh
I can't think of any uncomfortable seats....just stinky seats. Splash mountains seats reek!

Not only do the seats smell, but the handles do too. Have you ever smelled your hand after holding onto that? I HAVE to wash my hands after that one, you can smell it when your hands aren't even close to your face.

My question is why are you smelling the seats? :lookaroun :lol:
And your hands should either be in your lap, up on the sides of the log or up in the air as you drop, so no need for rail holding :animwink:

WDWScottieBoy

ClemsonTigger said:
My question is why are you smelling the seats? :lookaroun :lol:
And your hands should either be in your lap, up on the sides of the log or up in the air as you drop, so no need for rail holding :animwink:

True, but I use it for balance while getting into it and adjusting myself so I can get comfortable while on SM. The rest of the ride, my hands are up in the air. And if I saw someone actually go and sniff the seat or handrail, I'd just :hurl: right then and there. :lol:

BeachClubVillas

I'd take those uncomfortable Norway seats any day over standing up in Canada and China! There's nothing worse than walking all through World Showcase, thinking you're going to get nice cushy seats to watch a movie like in France, and boom! you gotta stand. I saw the Norway movie last year for the first time in 7 or 8 years. Boring! I'm looking forward to the new one though.

And yes, Splash Mountain seats reek! :lol:

SpenceMan01

SwampFox said:
We did the movie last week. The design is definitely something found at IKEA. I didn't find it uncomfortable, but for some people it might take some getting used to.
Dang you beat me to it!!

Anyone else feel that the Cranium Command seating was a bit uncomfortable? I remember many tiered levels and sitting on rough carpet. Can't remember if there was something there for back support or not.

bandman

We never miss the Norway movie. We love sitting in the back and watching those who have never seen it before jump out of their seats when the overwhelmingly loud screeching, uh... music? happens. We giggle like school kids. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom