Noodle Station

GymLeaderPhil

I ate there a couple days after opening... I didn't know that shrimp bowl meant soup. I was hoping for something along the lines of just noodles, veggies, and shrimp, but it was contained with a soup. Just a heads up though to the many who will go: bowl=soup.

Now as to whether or not I enjoyed it? I'm a very picky eater, but when it comes to eating out, I occasionally take one for the team. It was okay, I would have prefered the same dish without the soup, but I can say that this will be of interest to check out again.

The tea was very nice though!

ISTCrew20

A sign of the "new" menu offerings...

100_0629.jpg

wannabeBelle

hey if anyone should be the defining authority of what is new Asian cusine, why not Disney?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
By the way Great job on the pic of the sign!! It made my day!!! Belle

socalkdg

I'll be trying it out. Other sites have had full reviews of every food they serve and its been averaging out to 4 out of 5 stars.

I imagine hotdogs are being offered for kids and anyone that might have an adversion to peanuts/asian food. Its surprising how many people have peanut allergies(which includes peanut oil).

ISTCrew20

And to be honest, I think this was kind of a test for a new type of Quick Service food offering.

It's a different type of food that cannot be found in every other theme park (like Hamburgers). I'm sure more food offerings will like this will pop up, and it is already confirmed that The Land will have something like this in quick service form.

*MichelleP*

I know the hot dogs don't fit the theme, but I think it is a convenience type thing. Mom and Dad might like the cuisine, but my DD would probably more likely eat the hot dog than anything else. Having something she would eat there makes me more likely to eat there rather than having to trek somewhere else to get her something to eat.

I am glad to see a different type of food make its way to MK!

wdwowner

Now what do I do?!?!?!?

The Tomorrowland Terrace was my FAVORITE place to eat. They destroyed the one place I really would like to eat at in the MK!

The pizza and salads were AWESOME!

Now where do go get the pizza and salad?

Why did they not ask me first before doing this?

shoppingnut

wdwowner said:
The Tomorrowland Terrace was my FAVORITE place to eat. They destroyed the one place I really would like to eat at in the MK!

I thought I had read somewhere that the pizza was now going to be over at Pinochio's Village Haus. And, yes, that was very inconsiderate of Disney not getting your okay to change the cuisine!!!

And, I'm still laughing about hot dogs begin added to the asian cuisine, it's just plain funny.

I want to know where I can get a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, last time I was at cosmic rays, they told me they didn't carry them anymore. Sometimes that's all I want in the afternoon in between the big breakfast and dinner we usually have.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I ate there on Saturday and was pretty impressed with the food. I love pretty much all Asian food so I was relatively pleased to see that MK was trying to integrate it into the park (I just wish it went somewhere other than Tommorrowland Terrace...i loved that place) The food was good, kinda watery though. The portions were HUGE...i couldnt even eat half of it. I also liked that the lines werent enormous ( im guessing the noodles haven't been a huge hit with many people other than myself) It was only two days before that we had waited nearly 45 min for food from Pizzafari at AK, so a no wait line was awesome to find. I would just prefer less noodles and some kind of side dish to go with the noodles so its not so much of one food.

ISTCrew20

wdwowner said:

The only place to get pizza at MK now is Tony's, and that's it. They don't like us to send guests over there for pizza, because they are getting many returns. It's more like a cheesebread over there, not pizza.

SaritaGator

When I went a few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I gave the Noodle Station a try. I absolutely loved the Shrimp Pad Thai.

However, because of the way they prepare it, you can't get it without the shrimp. I usually don't have a problem with special food requests, so that was definately a downer since my boyfriend keeps Kosher.

mrtoad

Chux said:
I wonder why they would even offer hot dogs when Casey's is just a short walk away.

So that if a kid (or anyone else) with a party does not like the Asian food, you can all still eat together and not split up.

righttrack

I think the noodle station is a good idea. There really isn't much opportunity for asian-style food in MK otherwise. Its nice to have another option. Counter service meals need not be boring, and this place seems to deliver. I'll give my report when I get back.

Chux

mrtoad said:
So that if a kid (or anyone else) with a party does not like the Asian food, you can all still eat together and not split up.

Fair enough, but kids should like Asian Food, it's good times. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom