Non-Park Activities

dakotafrost

I've gone to Disney each of the last three years, prior to that my trips were 2004, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1981. As my kids got a little older, we started going more and more. For this trip, because the kids have seen the rides a lot in the past few years, we're doing more non-park activities, including:

Horseback Riding at Fort Wilderness
Parasailing on the Seven Seas Lagoon
Bay Lake boat rental
Water Park visit
more pool time at the resort
Disney Quest (never been)
Dining at other resorts, not just parks, sot that we can see the resorts themselves.
Attending a show - Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Aloha Show, etc.

This trip will be different than the others and give us yet another perspective to a Disney vacation. I never cease being amazed at all you can do at WDW.

P.S. - we checked out La Nouba, but the prices are too high for me. I can afford them, but do I want to pay that much? Is it the experience of a lifetime or am I going to have just a little bit better than an ok reaction to it? I don't want to pay over $500 for my group to go and have about the same level high that I had when I saw Fantasmic! the first time, and that was free. I think Fantasmic is great, but if La Nouba doesn't seriously top it for my entertainment dollar, it's not worth it. I realize they're totally different shows, but anyone who took ECON 101 knows it all comes down to a basic unit of entertainment utility.

DizneePhan14

I did the Fishing Excursion outside the Magic Kingdom and I have to say that was awesome. I caught a lot of fish around 2-3lbs, no big lunkers but they are out there. That has to be my favorite outside park activity.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I've gone to Disney each of the last three years, prior to that my trips were 2004, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1981. As my kids got a little older, we started going more and more. For this trip, because the kids have seen the rides a lot in the past few years, we're doing more non-park activities, including:

Bay Lake boat rental
Water Park visit
Dining at other resorts, not just parks, sot that we can see the resorts themselves.

This trip will be different than the others and give us yet another perspective to a Disney vacation. I never cease being amazed at all you can do at WDW.

P.S. - we checked out La Nouba, but the prices are too high for me. I can afford them, but do I want to pay that much? Is it the experience of a lifetime or am I going to have just a little bit better than an ok reaction to it? I don't want to pay over $500 for my group to go and have about the same level high that I had when I saw Fantasmic! the first time, and that was free. I think Fantasmic is great, but if La Nouba doesn't seriously top it for my entertainment dollar, it's not worth it. I realize they're totally different shows, but anyone who took ECON 101 knows it all comes down to a basic unit of entertainment utility.

What about going putt-putt? We are playing this trip! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
Those are all great idea you have already! Those water activities on the Seven Seas Lagoons sound so fun and we hope to do them someday, too.
Disneygirl76's golf suggestion is also a great non-park activity!
Also, you can spend some shopping time at DTD if you're into that, and depending on when you're visiting, you can try Characters in Flight.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

My personal opinion on Cirque is GO SEE IT. If it's too expensive, then it's too expensive. Not much you can do about that. If it's just a stretch and no more, then GO. It's truly amazing. I've been to see La Nouba 8 times. It doesn't get boring.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

La Nouba is pretty outstanding - my party of 14 people were all thrilled by it. I didn't like it as much as Mystere or "O" in Vegas so if you've seen those you can probably skip this one because it's similar. But if you've never seen a Cirque de Soleil show you should check this one out.

I love your other choices. My husband & I took a lot of downtime to do other things on our last trip to Disney and it was nice. Sometimes all the rushing around is exhausting and you want to try new things. :)

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

Mini-Golf and chillin by the pool for the win :). Always nice to go home with a nice tan. Plus the water slides are fun (yes, I'm a little kid at heart :))

Also the carriage ride in Port Orleans is great.

Upvote 0

2Siamese

Personaly I would say go see La Nouba. Our family has seen 3 other Cirque shows and have never been disappointed in any of them. We have our tickets for La Nouba already for our trip in May and are looking forward to going:).

Really though the bottom line is that no one can really tell you you will like or dislike the show, it always comes down to the individuals taste so hopefully if you do end up going you will enjoy yourself.

Upvote 0

codingkw

Bay Lake boat rental
Water Park visit

My parents used to take us to disney every other year from the time we were born. With that being said, I take my daughter all the time. We live in Florida. I recommend the boats at Bay Lake...views are awesome, mini golf, dining at other resorts.

What I don't recommend is the Mickey's Backyard BBQ. If your kids are not young, they will not really have fun. I took my daughter 9 at the time, nephew 13, and niece 5. The older kids hated the loud country music and the 5 year old was bored after 10 mins. So not worth the money.

The Hoop Dee Do Revue is great and the Aloha show is good if you don't have picky eaters.

Upvote 0

fascion216

GO TO CIRQUE DU SOLIEL! you will be glad you did and itll probably end up being the hi-light of your trip. just dont do any other expensive activities. dont forget about the electrical water pagent on seven seas lagoon, check out all dtd has to offer, take the monorails around to the resorts and walk around them (they are all so beautiful) these are alot of free activities that you will be glad you checked out. :)

Upvote 0

pacochran

Depending on the time or year you're going there are things you can do. The first year we went during the Christmas Season, we took one whole day to tour resorts to see the Christmas Decorations.

We are looking forward to doing more of that in the future also. We haven't done the Waterparks or the Miniture Golf coarses and would like to do that.

Let us know if you find anything else you enjoy.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Both my 13 yr old nephew and I loved Cirque, I highly recommend it. That trip we saw Blue Man Group at Universal too and my nephew told me that he liked and thought Cirque was much better. I remember when it was over and I turned to him and said I can't believe we've been here for 90 minutes, it felt like 15 minutes. The show is like nothing else I've ever seen, fantasmic is a blip of nothing in comparison and I happen to love fantasmic. It is totally worth the $$'s.

I also can tell you that the better seats are not the ones right in front of the stage since a good amount of the action takes place higher up, so seats that are further up are better.

Upvote 0

Disneybird

You don't say where you are staying or how old your kids are, but I highly recommend going to POR and watching the piano player. He is so entertaining, and he involves the audience. Your children may get a kick out of it.
Also ride the boat from Downtown Disney to the Port Orleans resorts. You can see the Treehouses, Saratoga Springs, golf courses, etc.. It's a nice ride and free.

Upvote 0

dazzer68

mini golf on the fantasia course near swan and dolphin, great fun and very clever.havent done the summerwinter land one yet at blizzard beach, but will do this may!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom