Noise problems at Pop Century

KentB3

Did anyone who has stayed at Pop Century ever have any problems with noise from other rooms, traffic noise, or construction noise? The Unofficial Guide to WDW says that this may be a problem. However, I am aware of the fact that they often tend to be negative and excessively critical of Disney. Just thought I'd check! :animwink:

barnum42

Never stayed there, but it's common to read reports of screaming kids running up and down the corridors being heard through the thin walls. Multiply this by a factor of several thousand if you are unlucky enough to be staying there during cheerleader competitions.

Upvote 0

The Mak

Stayed at pop back in March and I have no noise problems to report. It was a very smooth stay. The guide may be referring to the construction of the Legendary Years across the lake, but no heavy construction has taken place there since 9/11 and the tourism lull. There may be some slight light pollution from Wide World of Sports if your room has a view in that direction, but that's nothing the shades can't solve.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

hi i stayed at pop in march and i had no problems with noise. i heard nothing from neighbors. there was some noise from people walking in the halls nothing major though.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Never had any major noise problems at Pop, with the exception of the noise that is inherent with any hotel -- lots of people coming and going, along with excited kids running down the corridor. Absolutely no different than any other hotel in termss of noise, at least in my experience. Great place to stay!

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

We stayed at PC last May, and I too heard rumors of noise problems at Pop, and was concerned. However I have to say I found it to be no louder than the All Stars, and our room was poolside! We had a wonderful time at Pop, and probably will be staying there again on our next trip.

How this helps!:)

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We've stayed at Pop twice, most recently this past May, and we've never had issues with noise. Enjoy your vacation, and stop worrying!!:D

Upvote 0

napnet

Stayed their twice and the noise was compairable to any hotel of people walking down the halls etc. But as for noise through the walls? Never been a problem.

Upvote 0
We were there last may. No noise through the walls, but a lot of noise outside the room. It was mostly just excited kids running outside, but they always seemed to stop right outside our door to play. I'm sure this can happen at any hotel.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

The place is noisy. PERIOD.

Whether anyone "had a problem" with the noise is up to them, I guess.

The Value Resorts are cheap to stay at because they were cheap to build! :hammer: Thinner walls, less insulation around plumbing, and outdoor corridors make the place much noiser than most of the other resort rooms.

If you travel a lot, which I do for work, you can easily notice the difference between well insulated rooms and rooms like the All-Stars and Pop!

If you are a light sleeper, you will REALLY notice the noise from people walking by your room late at night, toilets flushing, and even conversations (and other activities) going on in the rooms next door, above, and below you!
That's the nature of a cheap resort!

Sorry to be a "Negative Nelly" here, but the place is L-O-U-D!!! As I said earlier, though...whether you hear the noise and/or "have a problem with it" is going to be up to the individual. I certainly heard every noise, but did not let it ruin my vacation. I knew I was getting what I paid for! :lol:

I've stayed at POP many times and it is hit or miss depending on who else is staying at the resort while you are. One thing though - you WILL hear the toilet and shower from the rooms all around you...and some people use them at pretty strange hours! :lookaroun

If you're nervous about it affecting your vacation, bring some ear plugs or a "white noise" producer with you just in case!

:wave:

Upvote 0

disneyfromvermo

Sound

My wife and I stayed at the POP in Feb. We did find it a little noisy. It probably depends on who you have for neighbors. If they are loud then you will hear it. The walls are quite thin. After the first night, we experimented with one of us outside the room making noise and the other inside. The result: you really can hear every move. Having said all that, by the time we were calling it an evening (usually around 10-11) things were fairly quiet. So, it is loud but we would stay there again.

Upvote 0

banimall

We've never had any noise issues but on one trip we were hanging out in the room one night and all of a sudden a very strange odor of, let's call it "funny smoke" smell came into the room, it was very strong. I don't know how the ventilation in the rooms are connected but it was very noticeable.

Look almost at 100!!!!!

Upvote 0

tharmscott

It's been almost 2 years since we were there but we had alot of problems with noise. There was the usual noise but we were close to the bowling pin pool and there were loud people in the pool all night long. We also had a non smoking room and smelled smoke alot.

Upvote 0
Aside from one night with loud kids, running up and down the hall and arriving late at night to the room next door, our stay was quite. Or normal for what you would expect in a hotel. We didn't notice that family again. Don't know if they checked out or just kept the noise down. We will definently be staying there again next year!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I found Pop to be no more noisy than some of the other hotels I've stayed at, including the Grand Floridian. Yes, even the GF had loud kids running in the hallway in the mornings.

Upvote 0

PrinceDon

Last December, 1st floor noise

This is probably common with all of the resorts but I don't remember it being as bad. Last December we had a room on the first floor. A couple of times a night the little golf cart would be outside and they have the backup alerters. It would always wake me up. I would stay there again, but I would request a higher floor.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

daverube

We've stayed at both Pop and ASMusic...both had a LOT of later evening/late night noise...mostly from the pool area. In addition, as the rooms to the hotels are not inside, anyone walking past your room has the potential to cause a noise problem (the main problem I remember is some drunk woman on her cell phone talking loudly around 12:30am while leaning against our window.....she was suprised that I opened my door and asked her to move...oh well). However, we didn't hear anything from the rooms next door on either occasion.

This trip, we're staying at the WL. I've asked this type of question before and have been informed that most hotels have noise issues....I guess that's what happens when lots of folks go on vacation to the same place. :)

dave

Upvote 0

DisneyDragon

This is one of the reasons why my extended family often stays at FW. It's usually very quiet around the cabins, and there's plenty to do to let the kids wind down before another hectic day at the parks.

Even someone smoking nearby isn't an issue since it disperses quickly. I used to be one of those people, but I was always concerned about it affecting other people.

I've stayed pretty much in every WDW resort (as has my family), and we always tend to come back to FW.

Upvote 0

campdisney

It's been almost 2 years since we were there but we had alot of problems with noise. There was the usual noise but we were close to the bowling pin pool and there were loud people in the pool all night long. We also had a non smoking room and smelled smoke alot.

We were up a ways from the 60's pool and the noise wasn't too bad for the most part. One night there was a large group by the pool bar and they were enjoying themselves rather loudly, but that was the only time it was truly bothersome. However, for us too, our non-smoking room smelled of smoke alot. It was quite bad at times, especially in the evenings.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom