Noise problems at Pop Century

KentB3

Did anyone who has stayed at Pop Century ever have any problems with noise from other rooms, traffic noise, or construction noise? The Unofficial Guide to WDW says that this may be a problem. However, I am aware of the fact that they often tend to be negative and excessively critical of Disney. Just thought I'd check! :animwink:

3fordisney

We stayed at Pop in Oct 04 and the noise level wasn't any higher than the other value resorts. We were outside the bowling pin pool and never heard anything from it.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

However, for us too, our non-smoking room smelled of smoke alot. It was quite bad at times, especially in the evenings.

Probably because the people next door were smoking in the room/bathroom thinking no one would know. Normally I'm not one to advocate calling the front desk for small things, but this is one thing I can't stand and would have called and called until it was resolved.

Upvote 0

ryguy

I will not be returning to PoP for this very reason, to much noise. Fortunately, we only stayed for one night, I would have had to move hotels if we stayed any longer than that. I was facing the pool which was loud and open til at least 11:00pm, the worst part was the sound of the doors hitting the door lock. For some reason people like to not bring there keys to go get a coke or visit there friends next door. If you are guilty of this please stop doing it. Do you not have respect for the people around you?? If your kids are guilty of doing this tell them to cut it out, its a good time to teach your kids some manners.

PS
The room was the smallest room I have ever been in. It was like that commericial for one of the insurance companies with the "Tiny House". I am of average height and from the bed closest to the door could actually shut the door laying on my pillow. :eek:

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

The only noise problem I had was being able to hear the toilets flushing and showers running in the adjoining rooms. However, this is not unique to Pop Century, so it won't sway me from staying there again.

You are always going to have rude people, screaming kids who aren't supervised by their parents, etc. So in essence, you can have a noise issue at any hotel.

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

We stayed there this past March and it was very quite, we didn't hear people through the walls or toilets flushing or people running around. Maybe we just got lucky.

Upvote 0

monorailguy01

I stayed there in May of this year and I had no noise problem.. with people walking around and what not.. the only thing I had a problem with is when the people above us used the bathroom, you could hear the water going down the pipes... not a good sound trust me....:hurl:

Upvote 0

campdisney

Probably because the people next door were smoking in the room/bathroom thinking no one would know. Normally I'm not one to advocate calling the front desk for small things, but this is one thing I can't stand and would have called and called until it was resolved.

We did call and were told nothing could be done about it. The onus was placed on us to change rooms. And it would have meant giving up our preferred room as no more were available. We opted instead to leave Pop Century ahead of time and transfer over to POFQ earlier than we'd planned. Luckily POFQ had room available so it was no problem changing our reservation.

Upvote 0

redfive13

My wife and I stayed at Pop Century earlier this year and were very dissapointed with the amount of noise. I'm not talking about your average noise from kids being excited about being in WDW. I'm talking about hearing toilets, showers, TV's, etc. One morning I could clearly hear my neighbor's conversation, down to the point that I knew they were going to AK and they wanted to have lunch at 12:30 in the Rainforest Cafe!! That's bad!!! We have vowed never to stay tyhere again. Period.

Upvote 0

metscool

The last time we had problems with a naighbors but that was only for one night. Wait when you said with the construction does that mean that they have started again on the other side of the lake. That would be great if they did. Two weeks ago I saw some people there when I was on a bus going to Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

JJHale

My wife and I stayed at Pop Century earlier this year and were very dissapointed with the amount of noise. I'm not talking about your average noise from kids being excited about being in WDW. I'm talking about hearing toilets, showers, TV's, etc. One morning I could clearly hear my neighbor's conversation, down to the point that I knew they were going to AK and they wanted to have lunch at 12:30 in the Rainforest Cafe!! That's bad!!! We have vowed never to stay tyhere again. Period.

We stayed at Pop in May and had a similar problem. A lot of noise (BIG family fights) coming through wall from the room next door. Much more than any of the other resorts we have stayed at (Value through Deluxe). We did have fun trying to understand what was going on. The first couple of days we had arguments in Spanish, the last three days they were replaced by a Chinese family, also arguing! In all honesty though it wasn't THAT bad. We just smiled and went on our way.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
....The Unofficial Guide to WDW says that this may be a problem. However, I am aware of the fact that they often tend to be negative and excessively critical of Disney...

I think that they just don't sugar coat anything.

I'd much rather be told straight up about something, than have some book beat around the bush and really tell me nothing.

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

Never stayed there, but it's common to read reports of screaming kids running up and down the corridors being heard through the thin walls. Multiply this by a factor of several thousand if you are unlucky enough to be staying there during cheerleader competitions.

Stayed there 3 times.. never had a problem ever.. always stay in prefferred rooms there tho.

Upvote 0
back in june of 2005 we stayed at POP and we were in an end unit and we found it sort of loud because we kept hearing water in the pipes and other noises that made it hard to go to sleep

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

We stayed at POP for 10 days at Christmas. We could hear a bit of noise from other rooms, but not at all bad and definitely not enough to keep us from sleeping. We had a preferred room near the Hippy Dippy pool and the pool was a bit noisy until 11pm or so, but then quiet. I should note however that the average temperature at 11pm each evening was about 65 degrees so the pool tended to be nearly empty, except for those of us from Canada and our friends from Great Britain or the northern climes of the U.S.A., who found it comfortable (and in our case, were just happy to be away from ice and snow). :)
We're staying there again in early 2007. I realize that if I want more quiet, I might have to move to a moderate or deluxe. We tend to get back to our room late aech night and are exhausted and just 'crash' anyway, so POP is fine (as was All-Star Movies last time).

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

Well, I never stayed at POP but my sister did when we went during XMAS 2004. The place was wayyyy to noisy for me and it seemed you had to walk around a lot just to get from your car to the room. I was happy I was staying at Port Orleans, loved it!

We did stay at All Star Music in June and stayed in one of the new family suites. Those were really nice and not noisy at all! The POP resort is realy nice to look at but way to big imho. All Stars is way better in that everything is much closer so you don't have to talk a 10 minute walk to the food court even if you are in the farthest building. If you want less noise, make sure you request a room facing the parking lot and in the top floor.

Have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

tink68

Stayed at the Pop in Aug of 04 and only problem we had with noise was in the mornings. It really sounded like someone was using the bathroom right over my head. Not a great way to wake up. Other than that the place is great and the right price. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Stayed at the Pop in Aug of 04 and only problem we had with noise was in the mornings. It really sounded like someone was using the bathroom right over my head. Not a great way to wake up. Other than that the place is great and the right price. :rolleyes:

I now wear ear plugs when on vacation at ANY hotel. Since I like to sleep in to at least 9a, it doesn't matter what level of hotel you are at, there will be noise. There are excited kids that don't realize how loud they talk at every level of resort. At Boardwalk it was vacuuming the hallways and people walking by the room.

Upvote 0
When I stayed there a couple of years ago I didn't notice any noise problems, however at the All Star Sports there is noise all of the time. Pretty much at all of the value resorts you run into noise problems.

"Now approaching, Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center."

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom