No Park Closings

MSTCrow

As we left, we saw some people being directed to park in the grass outside the Polynesian (across from the Golf Course)....which I thought odd since there were spaces open in TTC

PigletIsMyCat

I noticed a very LONG line to enter the Poly. Which I thought was quite weird after 8pm, especially with no Hoop Dee Doo at 9:30...

And, even as we left at 9:40ish, Bashful lot was totally empty.

WDW Monorail

We got to the MK area about 8:15pm (we take the back way, by DU) and while I bypassed the toll booths (so I didn't talk to a parking CM), there were PLENTY of cars parking in the Grumpy parking lot. When we left at 9:40, there were STILL cars coming into the lots and plenty of people on the trams.

We watched from the Ferry dock area at the TTC, and there were TONS of people doing the same. I overheard numerous people saying they had not been at Disney at all that day, just came for the show that night. There were a few people who came over from another park, to see the show before they went home, and a few people who came over from MK to watch from the TTC and then hightail it to the car. It was nice because we could see the full 360 degrees of fireworks.

While leaving the Grumpy lot, we noticed activity on the road next to it (I think World Drive? The road that you take to the right of the toll plaza that goes toward the Contemporary). There were either police or security officers directing traffic - not near an intersection. I'm puzzled as to this, since the only places that road really goes is 1) the Contemporary 2) the security and Pluto parking lots 3) backstage MK/DU/West Clock lot and 4) that road you can make a right on that goes over the Tram tunnel and that you can access the Kennel from. Any ideas?

World Drive passes no more than 300 or so feet from 2 launch locations.

PigletIsMyCat

This was a half an hour after the fireworks had ended. The 'checkpoint' was right next to the Grumpy lot, not near a light or an intersection.

bayoutinkbelle

I'm not sure if this factored into the traffic situation, but the Epcot fireworks created a TON of smoke that we could still see almost an hour later on our way back to Pop.

The fireworks? Wow!! Amazing. The finale was enough to take your breath away. The only bad thing was the smoke. I got some great shots of the fireworks - if you could see them clearly. :(

The park didn't seem that crowded today, but we had two showers. Nothing major, though. The crowd headed out was definitely wall-to-wall people and the line for Pop buses stretched all the way back to the main walkway. It moved quickly, thankfully. Arrived back at Pop just before midnight.

I have some pictures, but I'm having trouble posting and it's too late to fool with it much longer. Got Donald's buffet early tomorrow.

culturenthrills

Epcot was not that bad at all. Got there around 7:15 and parked right up front. The two main lots were full but the barely used any of the extra lots. Soarin was 90 min wait, Test Track 60 and Mission Space 30. Everything else was either walk on to 15 min. wait. Hit a 6 of the lesser attractions and then got a spot near the Mexico bridge 20 minutes before the show. This was my first time at Epcot on the 4th and all i got to say about the 4th Tag is WOW. That was simply amazing. And the finale was simply amazing. With the fireworks going off over the lagoon, American Adv., Italy and Japan one of the best finales I have ever seen. I will def. be back next year if I can. I get the feeling that the weather this year seemed to have alot to do with attendance being down. MK 4th fireworks are cool but Epcots 4th tag was awesome.

DisneySaint

The park actually began to close to capacity around 2:30 in it's beginning stages then closed completely to anyone except resort guests and AP holders at around 3:30 and that lasted until about 8 pm at which point all restrictions were lifted.

DisneySaint

Soarin was 90 min wait, Test Track 60 and Mission Space 30. Everything else was either walk on to 15 min. wait.

You must have saw those wait times early because when I walked by the tip boards around 2 pm the wait time at TT was 120 mins, Soarin was 175, Energy 20, SSE 10, Nemo 30, and Mission:Space was 55.
And TT was up-and-down all day due to the rain so I know it was a LONG 120 mins.

culturenthrills

You must have saw those wait times early because when I walked by the tip boards around 2 pm the wait time at TT was 120 mins, Soarin was 175, Energy 20, SSE 10, Nemo 30, and Mission:Space was 55.
And TT was up-and-down all day due to the rain so I know it was a LONG 120 mins.

This was in the evening. I did not get there until after 7 pm.

bayoutinkbelle

We tried to ride TT several times during the day and it was always down. We had FPs for Soarin' and, at the time we went back, the wait was 150 minutes. Saw the line for Nemo and Friends out the door and curved around to Coral Reef area and line for SSE was on both sides. That wait wasn't long at all, though.

Great day, though! :D

Piebald

I was at Epcot. We got there at around 7... parked right up front. The wait times were Soarin - 120 .... Test Track - 90 .... I forgot M:S but at around 9ish we walked right on. Something was wrong with the ride and we were stuck INSIDE the centrifuge for like 20 minutes staring at the screen while messing around with the buttons. When we got out everyone was around the lagoon. The fireworks were AMAZING and it was hell walking through World Showcase especially when it came time to leave. It was pretty fun though.

Gorjus

As of 12:00 est, all parks are running under normal conditions and no phase closings are planned.

Lighter crowds than normal are probably due to the fact that it RAINED FOR 5 HOURS STRAIGHT! At least where I was anyway. And the smart people were the ones at the water parks. Who cares if it rains at water parks. It never had lightning, so no attractions closed.

We got to the MK area about 8:15pm (we take the back way, by DU) and while I bypassed the toll booths
.......snip........
While leaving the Grumpy lot, we noticed activity on the road next to it (I think World Drive? The road that you take to the right of the toll plaza that goes toward the Contemporary). There were either police or security officers directing traffic - not near an intersection. I'm puzzled as to this, ........snip.......Any ideas?

So you are saying that you cheat and use the back way so as not to pay for parking:fork: :eek: :rolleyes:
And notices went out stating that road would be closed due to fireworks. And I've seen roads stay closed after fireworks, for hours...clean up, fire supression, etc.

Chape19714

I'm a bit confused...after working most of the day yesterday, I didn't hear anything about closures. I even asked this morning and was told it didn't happen.

As for the road closures, the fireworks had World Drive closed for a while after the show, about 60 minutes or so.

The 4th seemed very slow to me all day, as did today. The 3rd seemed somewhat busy, but as far as main street goes, it wasn't wall-to-wall.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The 4th got bad late in the day.

I have pics of the monorail being guarded at a Phase 4 closure from Epcot and the MK "FULL" signs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom