No Osborn Lights Today

Thelazer

Original Poster
No Osborn lights at MGM Today, heard they were also not on last night as well. Long lines of complants over at Guest Relations. Rumor is weather issues.

surfsupdon

At least it was only for a day or two. A few years back, remember the Lights were nowehere to be seen due to demolition and construction. The tradition was broken that year (2003 maybe?), but all Disney information states it as a "yearly tradition." Not so if they skipped an entire Season.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
rumor my behind. That's fact. Almost the entire state was under some sort of severe weather watch/advisory today. I drove from Jacksonville to Orlando with 50 mph gusts on I-95

Nicole

I saw footage on CNN of some major wind damage in the Daytona area. I think once people realize that this isn't just a Disney thing they'll be okay. Still that would be sad for someone who won't have another day to see the lights. I know we are only planning on one MGM day, and I hope the lights will be working on Friday.

Chape19714

Ya, Daytona got hit pretty hard by severe weather, as well as Deland. I should know...take a look at my Location.

Sad to hear, but weather was horrific all day today.

napnet

Yeah there was a tornado in Titusville and we are in Melbourne with horrible winds and rain (both 40 minutes away from wdw). Orlando had it just as bad. I'm sure those lights dont work well in the wind and rain!

disneydisneydoo

Anyone know if they did Wishes or Illuminations last night? Tonight? My Aunt and her family are down for their first trip ever and hoping all was not cancelled.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wishes is going as we speak, so I'd imagine Illuminations is the same.

I remember days when the weather was so bad that water was blowing in through the crack in the automatic sliding doors at stores and such in Epcot and Illuminations still went on, so I assume tonight it probably still is too ;)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think people need to come to grips with the fact that if they are only going to go for 4 days in the parks, there is a good chance that they are not going to get to see everything there is to offer.

tink rules

It was probably the weather... alot of that stuff hangs and is probably not so good in the wind...

also when I took the yuletide tour last year they said that sometimes they cannot use the lights in the rain because alot of them are indoor lights... whether that is the case... I don't know...I've heard both ways...

Probably just weather... if it was bad enough..just considder that nobody got hurt from any bad storms and be thankful.

Steven Lofgren

I was thers last year and after it had rained all day the cancelled the show at the last minute. we were told by a cm that they were afraid the lights would smoke and start fire. I thought that was odd until I had that very thing happen this year to some of my lights, smoke and sizzling but no fire.

makonyy15

Fantasmic was going on as scheduled tonight, don't know about the other shows though. Illuminations and Wishes both ran last night.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think people need to come to grips with the fact that if they are only going to go for 4 days in the parks, there is a good chance that they are not going to get to see everything there is to offer.

Well, along those lines, if Disney promotes the Lights and they cannot provide, then I don't think it absurd for Disney to provide park hopping to Epcot or MK or even AK (if it's known early enough) to enjoy their Holiday festivities if MGM's lights aren't working.

Anyone who already purchased park hopping - go hop - anyone who hasn;t, goto guest relations and lodge the complaint and ask for it. They advertised an event that was not offered.

askmike1

The tradition was broken that year (2003 maybe?), but all Disney information states it as a "yearly tradition." Not so if they skipped an entire Season.
Just because they skipped a year doesn't make it not a yearly tradition. I'm sure pretty much everyone would call Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade a yearly tradition, yet it stopped for a few years during WWII. Many yearly things have taken a pause here and there.

NitroStitch

I was thers last year and after it had rained all day the cancelled the show at the last minute. we were told by a cm that they were afraid the lights would smoke and start fire. I thought that was odd until I had that very thing happen this year to some of my lights, smoke and sizzling but no fire.

That's what we were told tonight at Guest Relations. We were curious, since it was only sprinkling at the time the lights were supposed to start. :veryconfu

Plutoboy

As tough as it may seem Disney covers themselves with the statement of "All Entertainment is subject to change and may close or be cancelled due to capacity or weather conditions" As much as we would probably like them to....Disney does not have control over the weather!!

Chernabog

You can't say "go to guest relations and they'll give you park hopper" or anything. When there's a park wide event that no one can participate in guest relations may not be able to do anything. As was said earlier, we are not responsible for anything closing because of weather or anything else and all tickets are nonrefundable. Read the back of your tickets, by entering the park you agree to all those terms. Guest relations does not have to give you anything but courteous service.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You can't say "go to guest relations and they'll give you park hopper" or anything. When there's a park wide event that no one can participate in guest relations may not be able to do anything. As was said earlier, we are not responsible for anything closing because of weather or anything else and all tickets are nonrefundable. Read the back of your tickets, by entering the park you agree to all those terms. Guest relations does not have to give you anything but courteous service.

Then i'd personally request to talk to your manager because you obviously forgot that you're there for service recovery and that your (as in the park) service is lacking.. Disney advertised an event that IS capable of functioning in rain or shine - that however was not.

Guest Relations is required to give me exactly what I pay the Disney company for - and no amount of self entitlement on the part of the CMs lately is going to convince me otherwise. Disney advertises a show, but does not provide - they deserve the loss of revenue. It is not the responsbility of the guest to shoulder that loss. It is Disney's responsibility to provide that show, and if it is not possible - an alternative.

That is Guest Relations job (and as a matter of fact, all CM's trained "role in the show"). Do not try to tell me otherwise. Enough of this "guest hardship" acceptance crap.

PKD

Anyone who already purchased park hopping - go hop - anyone who hasn;t, goto guest relations and lodge the complaint and ask for it. They advertised an event that was not offered.

Keep in mind Merf that all Entertainment is subject to change with out notice. THe lights fall under that "small print".

I was at DL last year and all four nights I was at the park they cancelled Remember Dreams Come True due to higher winds. Since it is scheduled everynight, would you then say they should have given us money back since there was no other option for a nightly show?

Weather cancellation is just a sad fact when it comes to the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom