No More Wristbands hummm???

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
So if they discontinue the wristbands for EMH, Then how do they get people out of the park that cannot be there? Are they installing some machine at each ride that we have to get our card out, swipe then proceed? Just not sure how this is going to work. Lot of hassle for us staying on the property to have to prove it on each ride. Others thoughts???

onebright1

$$$

Hi new here :)
Will be arriving at the World on Sept 6. Personally, I think this is all about $$ for WDW. From what I have read on here, Not using 15 - 20 CM's per night to hand out wristbands AND the fact that the non resort guest can stay and shop and eat all evening........hmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like the "powers that be" DONT want Non Resort Guest to think they have to leave the parks when the wristbands start to appear.:shrug:

the-reason14

IMO, it isn't any harder than proving you have a FP for an attraction. :shrug:

Yea, but you never have to prove you have a fastpass for every ride you go to. You can only hold so many fp at a time, whereas for emh, you'll have to constantly pull out your card at every ride. You also give your fp to a cm. This is a stupid decision imo, and I hope they reconsider. As well as putting the srl back at TSM, imo, another stupid decision.

TheDisneyMagic

I think don't knock it until they have tried it, if it is effective it will remain, if it doesn't work we will soon see the return of the wrist band.

colleen2997

Yeah but the beauty of EMH was that the crowds would be A LOT smaller. Those that didn't have bracelets thought they had to leave and they would...I enjoyed the low crowd levels of EMH emensely. Now there is nothing to distinguish on-site vs. non on-site guests and nobody will think to leave early.

krankenstein

Yea, but you never have to prove you have a fastpass for every ride you go to. You can only hold so many fp at a time, whereas for emh, you'll have to constantly pull out your card at every ride. You also give your fp to a cm. This is a stupid decision imo, and I hope they reconsider. As well as putting the srl back at TSM, imo, another stupid decision.

Once again, I fail to see what the big deal is. Just keep your KTTW in your pocket and pull it out as you go up to the attraction entrance. If that is to hard for you, buy a lanyard with a fastpass pouch and stick it in that. I think people are exaggerating how big of a deal this is. Especially considering that half the people on here (I'm not saying you were) complained about the wristband system less than a month ago.

MattyFresh

One again I fail to see what the big deal is. Just keep your KTTW in your pocket and pull it out as you go up to the attraction entrance. If that is to hard for you, buy a lanyard with a fastpass pouch and stick it in that. I think people are exaggerating how big of a deal this is. Especially considering that half the people on here (I'm not saying you were) complained about the wristband system less than a month ago.

Yeah but when have you ever known this forum to be happy with one change. Sounds like some friends of mine, its to hot in the summer, can't wait for winter, and to cold in the winter, can't wait for summer.

the-reason14

Once again, I fail to see what the big deal is. Just keep your KTTW in your pocket and pull it out as you go up to the attraction entrance. If that is to hard for you, buy a lanyard with a fastpass pouch and stick it in that. I think people are exaggerating how big of a deal this is. Especially considering that half the people on here (I'm not saying you were) complained about the wristband system less than a month ago.

Well it may not be that big of a deal for me, even though I think it is more of a hassle obviously then it would be to show my wrist and get on the ride. But to alot of people having to dig out a room key for every ride for possibly every member of the family is going to be an annoyance. For the people who have no knowledge of what emh was like with the wrist bands, it may not be that bad to them, but for the people who remember how easy it was, are going to be the ones that complain. And Im one to think that its stupid and pointless to have to dig out my key card, whether its in my pocket or not, its still more then what I would have done with the wristbands. And Im sure alot of people would say its more of an annoyance to have to dig something out then to just show your wrist. Obviously the wristbands are better.

Why not just do like Universal and let us show our key card and go through the fp lanes. That would be a perk.

scheat

Sounds to me like some folks just like the idea of having fewer people in the park in general during EMH. I'm not one of them, but this change would seem to put an end to that perk. I think some like having fewer people to shop with, eat with, etc. For some, it's a nice perk to be able to relax and enjoy the park a little less crowded. It's not just about the shorter lines at the rides.

pixiesteno

DSIL and I were at the world in Feb this year when they did a pilot for using room key instead of wrist band and it wasn't bad at all. There were a few CMs by the entrance and we had our keys in our landyards and we went right through. I actually found it less annoying doing that than having the wrist band attached to my arm, especially when it gets wet in a down pour!

onebright1

Yeah but the beauty of EMH was that the crowds would be A LOT smaller. Those that didn't have bracelets thought they had to leave and they would...I enjoyed the low crowd levels of EMH emensely. Now there is nothing to distinguish on-site vs. non on-site guests and nobody will think to leave early.

This is exactly what I was saying. Also, how is it a perk if everyone can stay in the park after hours? Besides the resort transportation what would be the perks of staying onsite if they are going to let all guest stay?

KingStefan

This is exactly what I was saying. Also, how is it a perk if everyone can stay in the park after hours? Besides the resort transportation what would be the perks of staying onsite if they are going to let all guest stay?

Oy. Like I said in the "other" thread (see post #2 above), non-resort guests have ALWAYS been allowed to stay. This is not new. Due to their inability to go on attractions and the limited opening of shops and restaurants in the lands, most move towards the hub and main street anyway. The real perq of EMH is the attractions.

Resort transportation has also always been available to non-resort guests as well, although I admit it is less useful for them.

Other perq's include availability of DDP, having everything on one KTTW card, including the ability to charge to your room and have merch sent there, DME, superior service at the resorts, 24-hour guest services, the imersive theming, and proximity to the parks. But I do understand what you mean.

coltow

When were were there a couple weeks ago, we took advantage of morning hours. We had bought APs so our park ticket was not our room key. We were only asked to show it once out of the 3 times we used the EMH. At AK and MK we just walked right in. At DHS CM stopped us at turnstiles and asked to see room key. I fear that no wristbands means more work for CMs at the loading areas for attractions. I cannot believe that they are going to check every guests room key nor can I believe that they are even going to be checking the dates on the keys. So if I were staying offsite I might be able to get away with showing an old room key. Just another reason for me to skip night EMH.

krankenstein

Yeah but when have you ever known this forum to be happy with one change. Sounds like some friends of mine, its to hot in the summer, can't wait for winter, and to cold in the winter, can't wait for summer.

True, I guess a discussion board is no place to react rationally in a situation that begs for panic....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom