No More Vault Disney

Steveo83

This is my first post and I think this is a good start.

I am soooooo upset about this.

I tape The Ink and Paint Club EVERY night. There is nothing better than a classic Disney short.

Plus I get to learn all about Walt and the early days of Disney. Now its over?!?!

Where did this info of it being canceled and the exact last date (Sept. 9th) come from?

Man o man I hope they change their mind or just put Vault Disney on a different time of day or heck I'd even go for like just on the weekend or a few days a week!!

Becky

What will I tape from 1-6 a.m. now?:cry:

Good bye Zorro :cry: Goodbye Spin and Marty :cry:
Goodbye Hardy Boys :cry: Goodbye Annette

And most sadly :cry: :cry: Goodbye WALT :cry: :cry:
No more WALT Disney Presents:cry: :cry:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Geesh...

Does anybody remember when the Disney Channel didn't have any commercials of ANY sorts on?? Not even to cut away to show you what kinds of specials were on. It was only after the shows were over you had like 5 minutes of fun stuff until the next show. Those were the good ol' days. *sniffle, sniffle*

I miss that show "Inside Out", too! Does anybody know where I can find a tape of that show?? I found my first hidden mickey because of Inside Out... ahhh... memories!

Figment1986

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
Geesh...

Does anybody remember when the Disney Channel didn't have any commercials of ANY sorts on?? Not even to cut away to show you what kinds of specials were on. It was only after the shows were over you had like 5 minutes of fun stuff until the next show. Those were the good ol' days. *sniffle, sniffle*

I miss that show "Inside Out", too! Does anybody know where I can find a tape of that show?? I found my first hidden mickey because of Inside Out... ahhh... memories!

I was so young when disney had no comercials during shows, (I wish they would make that Disney Classic channel. or call the channel Valt disney, what ever it would be called, Show old sdisney shows, have time slots for certin shows, like Old shows from early 90s be on say like right after school, I would watch MMC for shure,)

I remember the 2 versions of Inside Out, But i mostly remember the second reincarnation. Where they would Film in a live audiance at the parks.s

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Even the cartoon network shows classic cartoons during the day! They mix them in with the new programs. How can you have a "Disney" Channel with no shows about the parks, no Mickey Mouse cartoons, and no specials about Walt! If they really cared about Walt why in his 100th year was there not a special on the channel that bears his name??? Why didn't they show classic 24 hour Walt Disney Presents on his birthday?? The Wiggles get more airtime on the Disney Channel than WALT! Why do I have to watch the Travel channel to get a special on the Disney parks??? Vault Disney could be its own channel! They could move it to Toon Disney at night!

renthead7

This completely STINKS! Whenever I am up I watch Zorro because my dad & I used to watch it together when I was little. ANd I love watching all of the old Disney movies. I agree with everyone in saying that Disney is COMPLETELY wrong in doing this; what else are they going to do with all of it, let the tapes & footage rot?!

Archie the Cat

Pathetic. It's not that you are going for great ratings late at night, so this is what our household contends... They want to rid themselves of any evidence to the public of what the company used to be and the quality that they used to have.

We have noticed in the past six months or so that it had become very tough to find an airing of any of the theme park related shows. It really is sad in a way, just about everything with the company.

At few years ago, there were some people making complaints about the direction of Disney, but it's now universal, they stink, period. :hammer:

blm07

Originally posted by Archie the Cat
Pathetic. It's not that you are going for great ratings late at night, so this is what our household contends... They want to rid themselves of any evidence to the public of what the company used to be and the quality that they used to have.

Your quote really hit me, the quality of the company is going down. Very sad that the zoogs are taking over. It will be a real bad thing to see these zoogs all over the parks, that is when I will stay away from anything Disney.

General Grizz

To quote Zorro and a poster over at magic music...

Baboso, idioso, stupdio! :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Disney - it's known for FAMILY...that's what Vault Disney is - it's Walt's family charm!!

Actually, now everthing is divided...kinda like "the anti-Family"? Playhouse Disney is focused at toddlers, Zoog Disney is focused on Teens...and now...where is the bonding between the parents and the kids? Shows like "Bear in the Big Blue House" are good for that...but otherwise, there's no charm that Walt has to make up for his loss.

Great way to ruin his 100th Birthday, huh? Gain money on his name, and not even put him on television!

Folks say, they can't "please everyone" and "viewing slipped". I challenge those cowards to put the show on PrimeTime, maybe put it on Playhouse Disney from 4PM-6AM (I believe it's splitting off), and put on heavy advertisement. It is very UNREASONABLE to put it on from 1-5 AM where the human needs to sleep!

I agree. Disney seems to be "going down". When Roy steps in (if Eisner and Pressler don't shape up), maybe he'll put an end to "money money money" and put in more "Disney Disney Disney". It's kicking the DISNEY fans out...ironic, it's the Disney Channel? That's kinda an insulting name for it, if you ask me. :animwink:

As for the teen shows, they're not going be very popular in the coming years. They're showing them about 4 times a day each! Just like "Who Wants tobe a Millionare", as pointed out by pberk, they're all going to lose interest in the coming years. The material on them isn't very Disneyesque either (a kid was tempted with "you know" when I turned on the channel a few days ago). Just makes me sick!

I encourage writing letters...see what happened with Surprise Mornings? Put your heart to it, and anything is possible! Long live Walt! (puts in VHS tapes of Walt Disney Presents.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom