No More Vault Disney

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
I posted this in the Movie Section but I want more people to see it...

For all the people who like to watch classic Disney shows at night on Disney Channel you have till September 9th to do so. They are completely shutting the Vault Disney off. No more Walt Shows.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
You have to be Kidding!! I loved the old shows! What will they show now?? The Disney channel has nothing "Disney" on it!!

bgraham34

Yeah why would they do that. I think Disney definately needs new management. Maybe someone who is a Disney freak or at least a big Disney fan.

RPMdfw

WHAT A BUMMER! I love watching Vault Disney! Where else can you see the old TV specials about the parks? I love watching Danny Kay open Epcot, and watching the Osmond brothers with Kurt Russel looking for Donny in Disneyland!:cry:

iluvepcot

where are those shows about the parks?? i never see them, the only things i ever see on vault disney are those damn davey crockett epsiodes? where are the park ones??

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I posted this in the Movie Section but I want more people to see it...

For all the people who like to watch classic Disney shows at night on Disney Channel you have till September 9th to do so. They are completely shutting the Vault Disney off. No more Walt Shows.

WHAT??!!

:mad: :fork:

I dont usually get mad, but........

Figment1986

WHAT?????!!!!!!!
:fork: :fork: :fork:
This Stinks, What will be replacing it, I hope not more Zoog disney Stuff, I am getting tired of that. I dont like the way the channel is going at all. I miss the god old days, Of course mine are watching MMC, and then Sleeping, then watch what ever is still on that channel, Which had no comercials at the time. Due to it was a Primium channel.

RPMdfw

Originally posted by iluvepcot
where are those shows about the parks?? i never see them, the only things i ever see on vault disney are those damn davey crockett epsiodes? where are the park ones??

It's very hit or miss, very very late. (I usually catch them when I can't sleep. Sometimes they're on after the episodes of Zorro or Davy Crockett.) I've also seen the 10th anniversary of Disneyland late late at night. (with the dancing birthday cake slices in front of the castle.:lol: )

Monorail Lime

A few of the Disneyland related ones are out on DVD now. Maybe if we're lucky they'll put more episodes out on DVD.

The behind the scenes of "The Great Locomotive Chase" is my favorite one.

What they need to have is a Classic Disney Channel. But I don't know if they have enough old shows to make up a whole channel. They could show stuff that was filmed up to the 70's.

Figment1986

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
What they need to have is a Classic Disney Channel. But I don't know if they have enough old shows to make up a whole channel. They could show stuff that was filmed up to the 70's.

Make that Early 80s, Gotta see the Epcot Opening Ceramoneys.

And I always been thinking that for ages, I wana See the clasics, But they wont release the ones i want on DVD. They should make that Clasic Channel, and test it on Dish Network first, Then go down the line.

blm07

Alright guys, here are the dates for the theme park related shows I can see before the show is gone:

This info is from the Disney Channel Program Guide

Sun, Aug 25
1:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : Disney on Parade
2:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : Disneyland After Dark
3:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : Disneyland Around the Seasons
4:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : Disneyland the Park

Mon, Aug 26
1:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : The Fourth Anniversary Show
2:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : Disneyland Tenth Anniversary Show
3:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : Disneyland's 25th Anniversary
4:00 AM Vault Disney Walt Disney Presents : Fifty Happy Years

This info is from the Disney Channel Program Guide

I guess they are showing a block of the same type of shows every night untill the last, I'll edit this if I see more.
What are they doing to the greatest show on the Disney Channel, they are taking away some of my favorite stuff like the Professor Von Drake Episodes that I liked!

3IAlienKid

OK, everyone including myself is pretty upset about this, but doesn't anyone know WHY they are cutting it? I mean, it must be something like poor ratings or they can get more for their money by rerunning the original shows they already sunk a lot of money into. Though I can't imagine that it costs a lot to rerun the old Wonderful World of Color TV episodes.

TiggersPooh

WHAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo I actually stay up till 2 am to see what Walt Disney Presents is on!!! And if it is a good I will stay up to watch the 3am one!!! Why does the Disney channel hate me? First those DAMN ZOOGS now this!!

pheneix

I've really been trying to come up with a well thought out and intelligent response to this, but I think that is impossible. Everything I can think of is clouded by my memories of sitting in front of the TV whenever possible tuned in to the Disney Channel to see these reruns, and any of my intelligent arguments then turn into poorly constructed rants filled with various profanities and un-Disney like comments. So, I have decided to come up with this one-liner, as it sums up all of my feelings on this very neatly...

The Disney Channel is bull.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom