No more steam trains? (rumor)

Goofyernmost

I believe the buses run on a bio-dino diesel mix, A lot of the injector pumps don't like pure biodiesel Really old ones and really new Diesels run fine on pure bio-diesel the ones in the middle may have some issues.
Unless something has changed drastically over the last 3 years, I don't know of any commercial vehicle that can burn pure bio-diesel and survive. All efforts I have seen to run them, even on a highly diluted manner, have been a failure. They run fine for a while and then they start to gum up and mess up injectors and systems designed to limit pollution. In cold weather we had to stop using it completely. I realize that Florida really doesn't have a problem with cold weather in any real sense of the word. Today's Diesels recycle exhaust so many times the almost all the airborne pollutants are eliminated.

Goofyernmost

No they use bio-diesel which we already stated to head the water. Bio-diesel anywhere from 30% - 50% of that coals environmental impact. It all comes done to which bi-product are used and where these products origin from. (Soy oil from some countries burn cleaner they soy from others strangle enough)
My post was worded the way it was to emphasize that I was aware that it was used to "head" the water.

PhotoDave219

I believe the buses run on a bio-dino diesel mix, A lot of the injector pumps don't like pure biodiesel Really old ones and really new Diesels run fine on pure bio-diesel the ones in the middle may have some issues.

Only 12 buses of the fleet are on BioDiesel as part of a test. The other 300 buses are on regular diesel.

There is a green sticker on the front that determines the difference....

flynnibus

Premium Member
considering other 'fake' trains are in use without uproar at HK and other locations.. the idea that they could retire the true steam engines and get away with it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Monorail_Orange

As for the "shortage of engineers and firemen" this is simply not true. The WDWRR trains all of its engineers and firemen in house. No prior experience needed.

tatum94

Only 12 buses of the fleet are on BioDiesel as part of a test. The other 300 buses are on regular diesel.

There is a green sticker on the front that determines the difference....

I hope they monitor the MPG on those 12 buses running biodiesel as the MPG will surely plummet once the engine starts running on biodiesel. It's impossible to get good MPG with biodiesel.

Also, regarding other authentic steam trains, doesn't Look Out Mountain/Stone Mountain in Georgia still operate a real steam engine?

lazyboy97o

Also, regarding other authentic steam trains, doesn't Look Out Mountain/Stone Mountain in Georgia still operate a real steam engine?
Lookout Mountain is in Tennessee and you're probably thinking of Rock City. Stone Mountain is outside of Atlanta. While I believe Herschend has a steam locomotive for the Stone Mountain Scenic Railway it is only for special occasions.

CDavid

I hope they monitor the MPG on those 12 buses running biodiesel as the MPG will surely plummet once the engine starts running on biodiesel. It's impossible to get good MPG with biodiesel.

The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga operates several steam locomotives.

KYWDW

I can tell you this was indeed looked at about a year ago because of concerns regarding the longevity of the current fleet (because of issues with Lilly)..

It was deemed feasible, both financially and otherwise, but more recently it's been more focus on improving maintenance and care of the existing 3 (plus lillys refurb)... and on that point.. Lilly Bell won't be gone much longer ;)
Any clue to where Lilly currently resides?

yeti

It seems more and more like Disney just doesn't know how to cope with running something on a deficit anymore. It's like some crazy contingency plan that isn't responding to or predicting anything. It just...is...a finite, shortsighted strategy that's confusing in how pointless it is. I only wish I could see their faces on that fateful day when they look around and realize the well is dry and there's basically nothing left to exploit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom