No more park hopping...

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We have done park hopping in the past, but for the past few years have elected not to park hop and just enjoy the park we are in. We like to get there early, take a mid-day break at the room, pool and hot tub, then come back around 4 or 5 for the rest of the evening.
It seems to me, hopping just takes away from park time, or I wind up skipping some things because I'm headed to a different park.
Yes, I know many people like to hop over to MK or Epcot for evening fireworks, but we like getting back to the room early on AK days and like going to DTD some evenings as well.
Do you park hop every trip?

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I park hop every trip. I'll usually do one park in the morning and lunch, then go to a second park in the afternoon, then return to the resort to relax and chill for a bit, then off to another park in the evening. Sometimes, however, I will substitute a park for DTD.
Wow, three parks in one days seems a little ambitious to me...of course I am getting old.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We didn't for the first few trips, but are really looking forward to being able to walk into Epcot most evenings for dinner in June. We park hopped for the first time during our last trip and I thought it was nice, but not something we'll do every time.

What I'm really interested in is how Next Gen will handle park hopping. From what little info has been released (terms and conditions, etc.) it doesn't look like there will be a way to get fast passes in more than one park per day with the new system. :eek:

MouseDreaming

We have had park hoppers every trip. I introduced the idea that we skip them this year to save a little money, and was unanimously voted down. The first part of our trip we usually spend morning and evening in one park, with resort and pool time in between. By the 4th day, we like to go wherever, whenever. I have to admit, I do like leaving DHS on a boat around lunch time, and heading to EPCOT.

Lucyred

We have our first trip coming up in 40 days, WOO-HOO, and we are not planning on park hopping. DH and I discussed it and with our 5 yr old DD we want to just be able to enjoy the park we are at each day. I think its the best decision for us right now.

SyracuseOrange

Wow, three parks in one days seems a little ambitious to me...of course I am getting old.
I've been known to do three or sometimes four in a day, especially if I'm there for a short visit. DHS in the early morning for my must-dos before they have huge lines, then over to DAK for the small handful of attractions in that park that I like, then over to EPCOT for food, drinks, and a few attractions, back to DHS for Fantasmic, and then cap the night off with MK when the lines are shorter.

#boom

Bcakd

We have our first trip coming up in 40 days, WOO-HOO, and we are not planning on park hopping. DH and I discussed it and with our 5 yr old DD we want to just be able to enjoy the park we are at each day. I think its the best decision for us right now.
I think that may be a very good idea! We have a 4yr old DD, and I gotta be honest, last year was hard on her and us running from park to park. It was her 1st trip so I was trying to pack it all in. We are going again in May, and I think we are just going to try to be "breezy".

Todd L

We enjoyed the freedom of hoping the Monorail down to epcot for dinner But This Trip we are Doing 1 park a day with plenty of down time in the pool and Dtd.

We used to run all day everyday and have just decided that we needed to slow down and actually find our time there much more enjoyable.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We enjoyed the freedom of hoping the Monorail down to epcot for dinner But This Trip we are Doing 1 park a day with plenty of down time in the pool and Dtd.

We used to run all day everyday and have just decided that we needed to slow down and actually find our time there much more enjoyable.
Slowing down and enjoying the experience, taking it slow and enjoying the shows and scenery is the best thing we have ever done. We used to go full blast, but that changed years ago. The best thing we ever did at WDW was slow down and savor the experience...quality over quantity.

Todd L

Slowing down and enjoying the experience, taking it slow and enjoying the shows and scenery is the best thing we have ever done. We used to go full blast, but that changed years ago. The best thing we ever did at WDW was slow down and savor the experience...quality over quantity.

I gotta say....Its been amazing for us too.

Im now in my mid 40's and When I see guys in their 20's and 30's with young families running thru the parks and trying to do everything they can to get in front of people I wanna grab 'em and yell...."IT ALL GOES BY IN A BLUR!!!SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY IT!!"

My poor sons first time EVER in Magic Kingdom...we got delayed getting into the Resort and had Adrs for Crt that we were Running REALLY late for....We Ran down main street usa and hes yelling..."whats that??? I wanna see Mickey!! ...and Im yelling...NO WERE LATE COME ON!!

Laughable now But man...i was ridiculous!!

bethymouse

We tried it once, and we found that it was exhausting!:eek:
Now, if you have teenagers that you trust to go "park hopping" to ride their favorite rides, then that may be different.;) But, we will never park hop again!:eek: I guess if you are only there for 3-4 days, then you probably need to park hop, or if you're on the deluxe dining plan and have reservations in two different parks on the same day.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom