No more free bread at table service....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For all of you making a stink that "it's just bread" - I'm assuming that's your attitude when it comes to everything else that TDO has removed over the last twenty+ years? Y'all are definitely the frog in the pot as the heat slowly increases (over the twenty+ years). It's always just "one little thing, how can you complain about it, the fact your are complaining over such a minor things shows how pathetic you are". Such an ad hominem argument while not addressing the real problem.

How many actually remember what the parks and/or dining experiences were like back in the 80s and 90s? Not saying it was perfect but, in general, definitely a d_mn sight better back then than now. One of these days, the fanbois/fangrls are going to wake up and realize they've been walmarted.

And did you notice what was added? E.g., several billion dollars in new and upgraded rides, attractions, and infrastructure?

KeithVH

And did you notice what was added? E.g., several billion dollars in new and upgraded rides, attractions, and infrastructure?
I get what you're saying. That argument has been used before. But it's like a magician's misdirection - look at this hand while I do the switch with my other.

I don't disagree that improvements are being made. I look forward to them (soon as I decide to stop cruising so much). But the things that are being improved or added, in almost all cases, have no relationship with what is being removed. For example (just one, just an example), I've seen nothing to indicate LoW or the Peace Garden is coming back OR TO GET SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THEM. Otherwise, the argument becomes "we're taking bread service away to give you World<insert theme here>. Is that what we're saying? All the things lost are required to pave the way for new stuff? That this is a zero-sum game and there is a finite limit to what TDO will offer?

Animaniac93-98

For all of you making a stink that "it's just bread" - I'm assuming that's your attitude when it comes to everything else that TDO has removed over the last twenty+ years? Y'all are definitely the frog in the pot as the heat slowly increases (over the twenty+ years). It's always just "one little thing, how can you complain about it, the fact your are complaining over such a minor things shows how pathetic you are". Such an ad hominem argument while not addressing the real problem.

How many actually remember what the parks and/or dining experiences were like back in the 80s and 90s? Not saying it was perfect but, in general, definitely a d_mn sight better back then than now. One of these days, the fanbois/fangrls are going to wake up and realize they've been walmarted.

Loyalty is respected more than quality in Disney fandom.

PeoplemoverTTA

For anyone saying will the price decrease? Nope! You can expect an increase and even smaller portions.

I went to Casey's Saturday night. It was close to the restaurant closing. The lady in front of me ordered fries and a drink. The fries literally had 10 fries. If not less. She said to the cm is this an order? To which he replied yes this is standard. She was about to walk away then I went to her and said send it back. The manager came up and apologized. She got a whole new order. But my point is that, we are paying for food, you expect sizeable portions. I have no problem telling them I want my money back.

My mom was the queen of consumer advocates 🤣 I remember her going back to the counter at Auntie Gravity's because the amount of fudge in her hot fudge sundae was microscopic. I was so embarrassed at the time, but now that I'm an adult and have to pay for this stuff myself, I get it! 🤣

eliza61nyc

apologies guys, I have not followed the entire thread. please excuse me if this question was answered. Has anyone asked for bread at the establishment that now don't put it out?? do they tell you there is now a charge.

TrainsOfDisney

apologies guys, I have not followed the entire thread. please excuse me if this question was answered. Has anyone asked for bread at the establishment that now don't put it out?? do they tell you there is now a charge.

There’s quite a few restaurants around property... some are owned by Disney, some are not. So even if some have ended bread service, that doesn’t mean all of them have.

MotherOfBirds

I'm sure this was partly done with the assumption by management that it would encourage/arm-twist guests into buying appetizers or more food

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah, hasn't anyone been to a TS since this thread started to give a report?

LittleBuford

Yeah, hasn't anyone been to a TS since this thread started to give a report?

Someone in another forum (not sure if I'm allowed to name it here) said that they weren't served any bread at Tony's Town Square and that none was brought to them when they requested it. While I have no issue with bread not being offered automatically (on the contrary, I think it's a good thing), Disney shouldn't deny this courtesy to those guests who request it. I hope the powers that be think better of this policy and revise it.

TrainsOfDisney

My sense is that the food has significantly improved in quality and variety since then.

I remember the quality of the food and service being very good in the 90s.

While I have no issue with bread not being offered automatically (on the contrary, I think it's a good thing), Disney shouldn't deny this courtesy to those guests who request it.

I think it’s best to offer bread. If the table doesn’t want it, then it doesn’t get wasted, by the offer of the service has been made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom