No more free bread at table service....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1. I think automatically giving bread is wasteful. I feel guilty when it is uneaten. Also suspicious that uneaten bread isn't passed on to a new customer. Bread should be free, but the server should ask if you want it first.

2. If pre-meal bread is so important... how come QS doesn't give it to you? When I'm in line waiting to order a turkey leg, they should come around with some bread.

The Empress Lilly

One factor I haven't noticed as being mentioned, is that taking away bread may speed up meals.

Meals at WDW are already so rushed. Order an appetizer? Expect to see it 30 seconds after you order. Then you have 20 seconds to eat it before your entree comes out as they try and turn over tables as quickly as humanly possible.

Eating bread slows people down. Guests can address their immediate hunger issues and then linger over the menu a bit longer. Can't have that.

Sometimes I appreciate the efficiency, but most of the time I just want to relax and enjoy my meal without feeling like I'm taking up valuable space.
Disney operating logic.

At Quick Service you wait twenty minutes for food because they're staffed at absolute minimum.

At Table Service you get your food in twenty seconds because the tables need the turnover.

Cost, not guest experience is the managerial focus of ops.

Lilofan

Disney operating logic.

At a Quick Service you wait twenty minutes for food because they're staffed at absolute minimum.

At Table Service you get your food in twenty seconds because the tables need the turnover.
Good points. The cast at Table Service live sometimes well on tips. At Quick Service, get paid by the hour whether the QS is busy or not.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I would think placing bread (bread is cheap) on the table people fill up on the bread and Disney would give smaller entries thus saving more money than eliminating bread. Oh crap just gave them another way to screw the guests
Bread is cheap.

Artisanal rolls with spiced oil and herbed butter... not quite as cheap. Still cheap, but when the boss says cut your losses, and there's no ROI on the bread...

John park hopper

Most restaurants I frequent it's usually yeast rolls and honey butter or Italian bread and some olive oil or a small loaf of black bread. I grew up with a plate of bread on the table.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Most restaurants I frequent it's usually yeast rolls and honey butter or Italian bread and some olive oil or a small loaf of black bread. I grew up with a plate of bread on the table.
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom