No more free bread at table service....

TrainsOfDisney

Disney Defenders: "People shouldn't eat so much bread. It's not good for you."

Also Disney Defenders: "But you can really max out the value of Disney After Hours if you eat half a dozen Mickey bars."

Oh and don’t forget - “I never ate the bread anyways” or “bread service is outdated, the parks must constantly evolve, it’s what Walt wanted”

lazyboy97o

Yes. But I'm sure this thread will be full of that kind of sentiment in a genuine way.
“This doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the parks.”

“You shouldn’t eat so many carbs anyway.”

“Disney has a fiduciary responsibility to reduce costs.”

“Canadian House of Pizza and Garbage doesn’t offer free bread, so Disney is just aligning to industry standards.”

Regardless of whether or not this is happening, it’s plausibility is itself problematic.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I can't help but notice the unscrupulous source to which this rumor is coming from. I find it even more curious that the place first reported to be cutting complimentary carbs was the place that unscrupulous claimed would be demolished in the next couple of years.

Are the clicks running low at the site of Walt Disney World News which is Today?

TrojanUSC

I can't help but notice the unscrupulous source to which this rumor is coming from. I find it even more curious that the place first reported to be cutting complimentary carbs was the place that unscrupulous claimed would be demolished in the next couple of years.

Are the clicks running low at the site of Walt Disney World News which is Today?

He's not wrong here. A lot of non-sig restaurants have cut bread service, including BoG, Tony's and most MK places.

jt04

Probably the anti-gluten crowd forced this. Next the vegans will be forcing restaurants to stop serving meat. You know it's true. 🍗🍤🍔

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
IMG_0208.GIF

awoogala

dude, i'm low carb, but I have kids. ok, teens. who may order food and not eat it. but the bread means at least they don't starve. ugh. this is LITERALLY the difference between table and quick service. just a bit more. water refilled, bread on the table. it's what gets a 20%+ tip. sighhhh

Ninja Mom

What, are you for real?! You think they are eliminating free bread to save CM jobs, not just out of penny pinching cheapness?

Besides saving money, what else does eliminating free bread service do?

1) reduced table loitering
2) enhanced appetizer ordering
3) reduced plate and silverware washing
4) CM servers make one less trip to the table

Don't forget... Disney can just throw those Hurricane Matthew, $12.99 , $19.99 sad box lunches at guests and eliminate the tables completely.
Box lunches are a great value of the Disney Minus Dining plan ;);) .

~NM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom