No more bread pudding at Ohana!?!

fredtom

I have to say that my DW and I along with another couple had dinner at 'Ohana Nov. 30, and it was one of the best meals there ever... We have eaten there almost every years since 2001. Our favorite server, Morris, was off but we had excellent service and everything was cooked perfectly.

They still had Bananas Foster bread pudding then, but I don't know if it has changed since.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

captainkidd

According to Tikiman, he said the management there is toying with the idea of doing away with the bread pudding. Anyone who thinks is as stupid as I do should write a letter to Disney Guest Communications and tell them.

worldfanatic

We went to 'Ohana 2 weeks ago. The dessert has indeed changed.
And it's AWESOME!!!! I was completely stuffed and I still ate every bit of it.

And let's be real, Coconuts are MUCH MORE POLYNESIAN than Bananas (more Caribbean).
A big time improvement in both taste & theme.:sohappy:

A few may complain, but this was a great change.
And judging by how packed 'Ohana always is, they can afford to lose a few formerly loyal customers.
They'll be replaced quickly.

jaime_1234

I usually only like bananas when they are fresh and raw - I don't like them in anything. But for some reason I LOVE that dessert. I really hope it's still there when we go on Monday!

I don't mind if they change it up. Quite honestly, I don't know how anyone has room for dessert of any kind after eating dinner at Ohana. When we went I think my family and I had no more than 1 bite of it, just to try it, because we were so full from the meal.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Is there really any reason why they can't have 2 options for dessert? Everything else about that restaurant is extremely gluttonous, why skimp on the dessert offerings?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Just receive the following from WDW:

Dear Mr. Walsh,
Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort. Our Guests’ feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.
We appreciate your enthusiasm for the menu items at Ohana and are pleased you enjoy their selection. At the Walt Disney World Resort, we are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests. We regularly evaluate our offerings and make appropriate adjustments to keep the menu offerings fresh and relevant. The current desert of Pineapple Coconut Bread Pudding with Vanilla ice cream and Carmel Banana sauce has been served at our restaurant for several years. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause you and assure you that your concerns have been shared with the leadership team at Disney's Polynesian Resort.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Best Regards,
Sarah Gables
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Zummi Gummi

Dear Mr. Walsh,
Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort. Our Guests’ feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.
We appreciate your enthusiasm for the menu items at Ohana and are pleased you enjoy their selection. At the Walt Disney World Resort, we are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests. We regularly evaluate our offerings and make appropriate adjustments to keep the menu offerings fresh and relevant. The current desert of Pineapple Coconut Bread Pudding with Vanilla ice cream and Carmel Banana sauce has been served at our restaurant for several years. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause you and assure you that your concerns have been shared with the leadership team at Disney's Polynesian Resort.
Best Regards,
Sarah Gables
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Huh? :shrug: :veryconfu

"Several years"?? That certainly isn't true.

sweetpee_1993

So, Crush, have you responded with "Liar Liar pants on fire" yet? How'd that go??? Lol! Seriously. A person who would take the time to write a letter knows the new dessert is new and not what's been served over the past few years. How dumb is that?

Zummi Gummi

The more I read that awful "response" the more I feel like you need to show that to the next person up on the guest relations chain of command. At best, Sarah Gables didn't bother to do any research into your query and just wrote what she thought was the correct answer. At worst, she flat out lied to you. Either way, you need to show it to someone who can do something about it.

Dear Mr. Walsh,
Best Regards,
Sarah Gables
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort

If someone from Disney did write that they are definately not telling the truth, they had the banana bread pudding when we went in September. Also they need to learn how to spell dessert.

Minnie1976

Just ate at O'Hana on Dec. 26 and the bread pudding was delicious. I remember enjoying it in 2009. If they changed their receipe, it is still delicious. I enjoyed it very much.

captainkidd

The more I read that awful "response" the more I feel like you need to show that to the next person up on the guest relations chain of command. At best, Sarah Gables didn't bother to do any research into your query and just wrote what she thought was the correct answer. At worst, she flat out lied to you. Either way, you need to show it to someone who can do something about it.

Yeah, it's pretty sad in either case. Like you said, either she is flat out lying, or has no idea what she's talking about. Pretty pathetic when all of us know more than a Guest Services rep at the company.

Isn't the bread before the meal a pineapple bread? Why on earth would they then servce pineapple bread pudding for dessert?

captainkidd

Here's the response I got:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort. Our Guest's feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the menu items at Ohana and are pleased you enjoy their selection. At the Walt Disney World Resort, we are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests. We regularly evaluate our offerings and make appropriate adjustments to keep the menu offerings fresh and relevant. While offerings are subject to change without notification, the Pineapple Coconut Bread Pudding with Vanilla ice cream and Carmel Banana sauce is still available at Ohana. I apologize for any frustration this rumor may have caused and assure you that your concerns have been shared with the leadership team at Disney's Polynesian Resort.

Best Regards,

Sarah Gables

Guest Services

Walt Disney World Resort

jaime_1234

I'm starting to think the Pineapple-Coconut Bread Pudding with Banana Caramel Sauce and the Bread Pudding with Bananas Foster Sauce are one and the same :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom