No gum?

superniftychick

Original Poster
I was just reading an endless vacation magazine, and was surprised to read that no gum is sold at WDW. Does anyone know the reason why it is not sold there? or was the magazine wrong?:confused:

d'Isigny

because of the difficulty removing it from objects...

such as benches...walls...etc....most things ignorant people apply gum to...

Disney wants to keep their parks clean...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
superniftychick said:
I was just reading an endless vacation magazine, and was surprised to read that no gum is sold at WDW. Does anyone know the reason why it is not sold there? or was the magazine wrong?:confused:
Because more and more people have lost respect for the property of others and spit gum out, stick it under tables and in attractions. How would you like to be riding through Haunted Mansion and come up to the ball room scene and there be a big ole wad of gum stuck on the plexi glass?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't know if it's still there or not, but there used to be a tree at Six Flags Over Georgia (in the queue for the raft ride) that was literally covered in chewing gum. It was absolutely disgusting.:hurl:

bluefaery

unkadug said:
I don't know if it's still there or not, but there used to be a tree at Six Flags Over Georgia (in the queue for the raft ride) that was literally covered in chewing gum. It was absolutely disgusting.:hurl:

There's one like that at 6 flags fiesta texas. I just don't remember where in the park it is.

Scooter

I bring my own.:animwink:
I deposit it in the appropriate trash container when I'm done with it.
Some people don't care where they dispose of (Spit) their gum.
It's a pain to remove from the Disney Walkways...that's why it isn't sold on property.

NitroStitch

Just like the old American Express commercials - I don't leave home without it! And then dispose of it properly when I'm done chewing. :)

It's too bad there are so many people who have no respect for the parks and cause extra work for CM's to clean up the mess. :brick:

Bytowner

Gum at Disney

It's not just Disney refusing to sell gum. Last time I was there I was at the airport heading home. I usually buy gum to chew on the airplane to help equalize the pressure in my ears.

But nobody at Orlando International Airport sells gum for the very same reasons Disney won't sell gum. Apparently too many people just leave it on almost anything.

Mecha Figment

and its to keep it off the fur characters.... today i had a kid try to hug me with an icecream in one had and a soda in the other. asked her to put it down and she wound up accidentaly spitting gum on my costume. not good. made me have to go back to costume and lose my 30 minute rest set time.

No Gum

djronnieb said:
at the gas station on disney property do they sell gum in the convence store ?

Nope. And the free Big Red Gum that was supposed to be given out as part of the Big Red sale at the Virgin Megastore was not given out either.

It is officially more acceptable to smoke at WDW than to chew gum.

You never hear the gum chewers complain, though.

-Billy

figmentmom

I followed a large group of gum-chewing people one night through the line at Splash Mountain, and every single one of them deposited their gum on the inside walls (shudder).

I rode SM first thing next morning, and every bit of that gum had been removed. I don't blame Disney one little bit for the no-gum policy in their stores.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom