No fastpasses available today?

ExtinctJenn

So am I interpreting all of this correctly that AP holders who are not visiting with a resort reservation are not eligible to book FastPass+ except after they arrive at one of the parks? If true, it seems I'll never be able to ride an E ticket attraction ever again.
Again though... why not? If you can't get an FP you can wait in standby right? I swear I'm not being a smartass... I am totally confused by the responses is all. I didn't realize FPs had become such a necessity for folks. We rarely use them and have been many times since they were implemented in '99 (see signature), including a year that we were AP holders. I've ridden "E Tickets" every trip. I am truly just doing the "jaw drop" thing at the responses is all... hoping someone responds with something eye opening where I go "ohhh I didn't think of that" y'know? :)

Disvillain63

I could have swore that one of the original Disney Blogs on FP+ said that all day guests will have access to a Magic Band and FP+ when the entire program is implemented.
I wonder if the key word here is access. They didn't say which FP opportunities the day guests would have access too. Maybe a day guests won't have access to the BIG attractions, but they could pick others.

Disvillain63

As of yet, no. Activated APs (if properly uploated to MM+, which is not trivial) do allow FP+.
Activated APs are only being allowed to choose FP+ online, if your resort is in the testing phase. However, once in the parks, you can use the kiosk. After October 23rd, they will, hopefully, come online with the rest of the resorts to be used for pre-scheduling.

danv3

This is all very interesting, when I do two people on the website it will let me have Soarin' at 5:55-6:55, but it won't let me have Test Track at all. This doesn't make any sense, if there is room for three on Test Track, why isn't there room for two?

And why is it letting me have Soarin' for two people but not you?

So this works about as well as the dining reservation system? I've deliberately made reservations for different party sizes than I actually intend to use to get around their nonsense. Just last week I had a party of three at BOG. Had to make an ADR for four because the Disney system said there was no availability for three, but there was for four. To no one's surprise, the three of us sat at a four top.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Activated APs are only being allowed to choose FP+ online, if your resort is in the testing phase. However, once in the parks, you can use the kiosk. After October 23rd, they will, hopefully, come online with the rest of the resorts to be used for pre-scheduling.

So this seems to confirm what I'm seeing. As an AP holder (who happens to be an Orlando local) I cannot use FP+ because I do not have a resort reservation.

Weather_Lady

Again though... why not? If you can't get an FP you can wait in standby right? I swear I'm not being a smartass... I am totally confused by the responses is all. I didn't realize FPs had become such a necessity for folks. We rarely use them and have been many times since they were implemented in '99 (see signature), including a year that we were AP holders. I've ridden "E Tickets" every trip. I am truly just doing the "jaw drop" thing at the responses is all... hoping someone responds with something eye opening where I go "ohhh I didn't think of that" y'know? :)

It has to do with the expectations of guests who do not think it's worth it to wait in line -- particularly for those who made efficient use of the old Fastpass system, and will be the biggest losers under the new system.

Here's my experience: pre-Fastpass, my family showed up at rope drop, hit every headliner we could, and then waited in lines for the rest of the day. We were there during Easter breaks, so if waiting for 45 minutes or even 90 was what we had to do, that's what we did, and we didn't think twice about it. Everyone else was waiting in standby: why shouldn't we?

Fast-forward to '99 and after: combining rope drop arrivals with Fastpass, we NEVER had to wait more than 25 minutes for ANYTHING. Then we switched to off-peak times of year, and with rope drop and Fastpass we never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes for anything. We got used to that. We liked it. Waits of 20 minutes or more became something we considered to be "unreasonable." If it was more than 20 minutes, we Fastpassed it. Easy-peasy. Short waits were our new normal, and it suited us well since we were trying to cram AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE into a single 5 or 6-day trip every 2 years.

We've been spoiled: I admit it. Now WDW is telling us that for at least some of the E-tickets we want to see, we're going to have to scoot back into a standby line -- a standby line much longer than they were pre-'99, thanks to Fastpass+, and that even our standby waits for non-E-tickets will be slowed by newly-created Fastpass lines. Longer lines for all but 3 attractions every day means fewer attractions we get to see, and less value for our vacation dollars. Everybody is paying more and getting less. That's why people are up in arms.

Pixie VaVoom

I expect you're right.

I also expect that parkhopper will be replaced with an even more expensive ticket add-on that allows you a larger number of FP+. Why give guests for free that which you can charge an arm-and-a-leg for, and get those "rich Manhattan moms" to snatch up?
Because the 'rich Manhattan Moms' have such a built in entitlement mentality that they would just pay off their pediatrician. He can declare that their "little Biff" has an upcoming week long episode of temporary Autism coming on. So they get a DAS card instead. "Totally Fabulous Muffykins!! - pass the caviar!! "

janoimagine

So am I interpreting all of this correctly that Annual Passholders who are not visiting with a resort reservation are not eligible to book FastPass+ except after they arrive at one of the parks? If true, it seems I'll never be able to ride an E ticket attraction ever again.

Its looks that way, my wife and I are AP Holders that are set to expire 11/28/13, and the only thing I can make fast pass selections for are between Nov 16th and the 24th when we will be at our DVC resort. If this is the case, this really blows.

mbtohill

Im sitting in my house in Connecticut, no reservations at any resort, with an active AP and just made FP+ reservations for tomorrow.

And, YES, before I get killed I cancelled them

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah...has to be a glitch.
3tbeuh.jpg

Sorry..I just had to..;)

awoogala

I expect you're right.

I also expect that parkhopper will be replaced with an even more expensive ticket add-on that allows you a larger number of FP+.

Starting to think I will need a degree and a freaking flowchart to go to disney.:eek:
And, as someone else mentioned, you can stay onsite at Uni and get the fotl perks. Difference is, they aren't hiding it. Quite transparent- stay at out hotel= fotl and early harry potter. Fine. Tell me the truth, let me make an informed decision. I am very tired of Disney assuming/acting as if we are imbeciles. Hide it, pretend we are all equal, etc.

Oh, yeah, and UNI's hotels get better ratings, and their deluxes are cheaper. Staying there this time for the fotl/hp, and it's about the same price as a Disney "moderate". Staying at Royal pacific. I can afford Poly, but it is literally not worth the amount they have attached to it. Royal Pacific? Same flavor, way better value. Totally worth it.(I am assuming, due to reviews/ have not actually stayed yet)
I am not opposed to spending in the $200-300 range.The Garden rooms at Contemporary were nice, so were Boardwalk.. $200-300 seems acceptable for those rooms. But Disney's November rates are literally obscene for what they offer. I have stayed at $300-400-500 a night hotels. Nothing Disney offers is comparable, for their prices. No robes, no "fitness in your room" no good room service. They charge the same, but do not deliver. I am weird. I can do a $60 a night and deal (getting what equals $60 a night) I CAN DO $300 A NIGHT AND BE DISSAPOINTED. (because what is offered is not worth the $300!). I am cool with $=value. $500 a night, I better get a foot massage and treats. :p
Ugh. Seriously, I am a Disney FREAK. Most people think I am insane for Disney in the "regular' world, but yeah, too many buttons have been pushed lately.
I am also wondering, where in the tier is dvc? I have friends who have done acrobatics to be in the tier of dvc... I am guessing they are somewhere between moderates and value? Maybe moderates and deluxe?
Ok, still ranting.. maybe the margarita didn't help? :banghead:

awoogala

{Begin Rant}

What a headache.
If they do implement a tiered caste system, I'm out.

{End Rant}

I just want them to be HONEST. If it is tiered, tell me. $5000 for poly+fp+ tier 1
$2000= all star/pop + tier 3 fp+
If it's going all-inclusive, tell me the details, I want it in writing. ;)
I've done all-inclusive, I get it. Stop lying. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom