No fastpasses available today?

awilliams4

I wonder if the key word here is access. They didn't say which FP opportunities the day guests would have access too. Maybe a day guests won't have access to the BIG attractions, but they could pick others.

Wow. If true, I can see how big of an impact this may/will have on those off-site guests.

I read elsewhere that there will be some sort of plan for AP users. Where they are allowed X number of pre-reserved FP+ over X number of days.

awoogala

Again though... why not? If you can't get an FP you can wait in standby right? I swear I'm not being a smartass... I am totally confused by the responses is all. I didn't realize FPs had become such a necessity for folks. We rarely use them and have been many times since they were implemented in '99 (see signature), including a year that we were AP holders. I've ridden "E Tickets" every trip. I am truly just doing the "jaw drop" thing at the responses is all... hoping someone responds with something eye opening where I go "ohhh I didn't think of that" y'know? :)

Probably because Disney has not "wowed" us in years. If their rides were equaling the hoops..none of this would be happening. If they had done Hp, and done it right.. I don't think anyone would be arguing fp+ at all. We would deal. When this is the first real major thing in years (unless you are a 3-5 year old girl in the "princess" range) ...it will get picked to death.
They have not given us value, and that is it. It is the same, minus fle, when I started bringing my kids in 2009....and actually worse, than when I visited myself, in 1991.
They need to appease before they try this. They have not.. which is why I am leery that avatar "info" came out, right before the fp+ stuff.. hmm, trying to distract? They truly are treating their fans as if we were morons.
Seriously, I am all "take my money" I "want to spend" and "give me more" . I went there in January, ready to spend! There was nothing decent to spend on.
If they had done Avatar (which I hate, but still might be lovely), then attempted fp+,and the dac/gas debacle, they might have pulled it off. It would have been buried under the awesome. They do everything backwards.. here is a bunch of stuff to make things weird, different, and possibly complicated...oh, and , pretty flowers in ak..in 2017!

Disvillain63

Im sitting in my house in Connecticut, no reservations at any resort, with an active AP and just made FP+ reservations for tomorrow.

And, YES, before I get killed I cancelled them
I'm glad it's working for someone. Every time I sign in, I get the message that no one in my party is schedule a resort reservation during this week.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm glad it's working for someone. Every time I sign in, I get the message that no one in my party is schedule a resort reservation during this week.

That's exactly the message I'm getting even though my profile shows my Premier Passport that doesn't expire until July of 2014. I'm debating whether a call would just be a frustrating waste of time to try and figure out what's going on.

lostpro9het

That's exactly the message I'm getting even though my profile shows my Premier Passport that doesn't expire until July of 2014. I'm debating whether a call would just be a frustrating waste of time to try and figure out what's going on.
I read in multiple sources that, for whatever reason, Premier Passports are not working correctly with the new system and might need to be handled by a CM directly, maybe even in person. Id call!

Disvillain63

Ours don't expire until September 2014. I just sent an email asking about APs and the predicted timeframe and whether a resort reservation is necessary. It will probably be a couple of days before I hear anything.

Pixie VaVoom

I am also wondering, where in the tier is dvc? I have friends who have done acrobatics to be in the tier of dvc... I am guessing they are somewhere between moderates and value? Maybe moderates and deluxe?
Ok, still ranting.. maybe the margarita didn't help? :banghead:[/quote]

I am not DVC but I do have 20+ years experience in other timeshare/pointshare systems. Here is what I have noticed... They will ALL promise you THE WORLD plus a footrub, to get you to buy in. BUT, once you have paid off the term of the contract, and are just paying your monthly/annual maint fees - then they treat you like TRASH!!! I have experience with 3 other systems either directly or through relatives. At that point you had better like what you have bought because they have GOT you and they can raise your FEES at their any whim!!! Then the product is hard to get out of and hard to re-sell. My point is "BUYER BEWARE !!"

awoogala

I am also wondering, where in the tier is dvc? I have friends who have done acrobatics to be in the tier of dvc... I am guessing they are somewhere between moderates and value? Maybe moderates and deluxe?
Ok, still ranting.. maybe the margarita didn't help? :banghead:

I am not DVC but I do have 20+ years experience in other timeshare/pointshare systems. Here is what I have noticed... They will ALL promise you THE WORLD plus a footrub, to get you to buy in. BUT, once you have paid off the term of the contract, and are just paying your monthly/annual maint fees - then they treat you like TRASH!!! I have experience with 3 other systems either directly or through relatives. At that point you had better like what you have bought because they have GOT you and they can raise your FEES at their any whim!!! Then the product is hard to get out of and hard to re-sell. My point is "BUYER BEWARE !!"[/quote]

exactly why we have not done dvc. We can., and could ..do it..with cash.. but nothing I have seen has made me think it would be worthwhile. In fact,I would have thought, had they used the beautiful advantage and assured dvc members all the fp+ first choices, that dvc at gf would have sold out in a week. The fact that fp+ has not been mentioned in connection with dvc, has made me think they will effectively, be screwed.

cbsav

Ours don't expire until September 2014. I just sent an email asking about APs and the predicted timeframe and whether a resort reservation is necessary. It will probably be a couple of days before I hear anything.

So from my understanding, if you've already participated in the testing over the past few months AND have an AP, you are in flagged in the system as being able to book FP+ whenever you'd like (weird glitch). If you have have not yet had a resort reservation during testing you will not be able to make FP+ even if you have an AP. This will NOT be the case once testing is over, this anomaly is only during the testing phase. Once fully launched AP holders will be able to make FP+ reservations 60 days out like everyone else, though it is speculated that they will be provided a fixed number of FPs per month, quarter or year to use while NOT staying on property.

AUPr8Hd

If I buy an AP but don't "activate" it until I go to the parks will I be able to access FP+ prior to arrival using the AP voucher? If I buy Park Hoppers will I be able to use those tickets to access FP prior to using the tickets themselves?

Actually, yes the AP voucher has the number on it to input into MDE. I was able to book FP+ for a vacation that ended this past Saturday. I activated the AP upon arrival.

donsullivan

Premium Member

I'm on the phone with Disney right now and they are telling that AP holders without a hotel reservation are not eligible for FP+ and have no timeframe of when they will be.

I'm also being told that the fact that some can make a reservation online is an anomaly of the systems where they could not find a way to make the option available only to eligible guests. It seems that even if you can make one on the website, if you were not selected as a resort guest you would not actually be able to use it. They will only actually work if you are part of the 'test' of resort guests only.

cbsav

I'm on the phone with Disney right now and they are telling that AP holders without a hotel reservation are not eligible for FP+ and have no timeframe of when they will be.

I'm also being told that the fact that some can make a reservation online is an anomaly of the systems where they could not find a way to make the option available only to eligible guests. It seems that even if you can make one on the website, if you were not selected as a resort guest you would not actually be able to use it. They will only actually work if you are part of the 'test' of resort guests only.

That's what i thought.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So am I interpreting all of this correctly that Annual Passholders who are not visiting with a resort reservation are not eligible to book FastPass+ except after they arrive at one of the parks? If true, it seems I'll never be able to ride an E ticket attraction ever again.
The rules for AP have not yet been confirmed. Keep your fingers crossed!

awoogala

and the tiers begin?
This is what scares me. Online, everyone only knowing what is "available" to them. Seems like a perfect secretive system.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I read in multiple sources that, for whatever reason, Premier Passports are not working correctly with the new system and might need to be handled by a CM directly, maybe even in person. Id call!

Jut got off the phone with them and I am being told I need to go to Guest Relations to get my Premier linked to my account, even the Internet Helpdesk can't deal with it. Well each year I've had the Premier there is some sort of wacky issue that nobody knows how to deal with, it seems this is it for this year.

G8rchamps

Is the situation, then, that paper FPs are gone for today (as previously reported), but that FP+ are still available for the MagicBand testers?
FP+ was gone for a few hours and reports from the park said legacy ran out by 9:20 this morning. After lunch time FP+ was avail again, not sure we got a legacy update.

MissM

Right now, with my AP, I can reserve a FP+ for Dec 15th. but not the 16th. FYI, I have no resort reservations for that time.
c45a04cc-b3e1-4850-b6b9-df78ec8796a4.jpg

Not me.

ap-fp2.jpg

I get told I can link family passes and basically "get ready" for FP+ but without a resort reservation, even logged in as a Passholder, I have no access to make FP+ reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom