No fastpasses available today?

TP2000

There is no " solution" for this problem, other than increasing capacity by building more attractions. Disney, build more attractions dammit!

Mine Train opens sometime in 2014.
Avatarland opens sometime in 2017. Maybe.

Other than that, there are no new attractions currently being built or announced to be built in the future. It's gonna be awhile until new rides open, so we'll need to figure out how MM+ works with what we currently have.

stlphil

While what your saying is possible, how the hell do you know this? If I had to guess, Disney will not allow all FPs for certain attractions to all be reserved in advance.
While no one knows for sure what will happen, and maybe not even Disney yet, from a bean counters point of view there is no reason to reserve FP for day of, and many many reasons to not reserve them.

awoogala

Sort of yeah. I mean I get what you're saying and no offense intended but I don't see why the inability to get a FP should keep anyone from going, especially if they remember what it was like to stand in line before FPs existed. Sure some have pointed out that FP slightly increased standby waits but if you go during busy times of the year, the standby lines are bad and the FPs are tough to come by anyway. I'm just at a loss when I see folks as upset as you obviously are. Maybe I'm just keeping hope that things like this aren't going to be the norm... especially because the FP+ system opened up a ton more attractions and shows that didn't even have FP before (so the people who before would've used up all the FPs at Soarin may be able to spread it out some). I guess really, I just personally don't want to make any assumptions until this is all full live and not half & half and see how it goes. :)

Well, I've been going since 1974 (my birth year). I am ed. The difference is, standing in a 1 hour line when everyone else is standing in a 1 hour line is a different animal then standing in a 1 hour line when everyone else (it seems) is getting preferential treatment. Sure, I am spoiled by fp, and a longer wait time won't "kill" me, per se. But Disney has made my next vacation tough. I am staying at the Dolphin, because the Disney rates have gone up for hotels that don't deserve the price. I will not get a magic band, or a fp+ option, since we bought our tickets through Disney, but in a group. Group tickets are not eligible for fp+ at this time (as per Disney's response when asked).
We were told "regular fp" would still be available. Now we sit around, anxiously wondering if we will even be able to ride tsmm. Now, personally, I don't think it's even that good of a ride, so my anger is compounded by the fact that I need to fight or waste half a day to somehow battle for a fp, and I don't even like the ride much (we have the wii game at home, it's not actually different). But my kids like it.
So we'll have to skip it. It doesn't seem worth an hour wait. And our half day, off-season trip to dhs will now be a third of a day? We will spend even more time in EPCOT. But, EPCOT has half it's stuff closed or like Imagination, destroyed. They also shortened hours, and emh are very short if at all, in off-season. So they raised prices, shortened the hours, everything shuts down at 8pm, 9, 11 for ws...Why am I paying the $1000's if I only get x amount kind of thing?
It's just another straw, but at some point, that last straw, and our camel...

awoogala

This is all very interesting, when I do two people on the website it will let me have Soarin' at 5:55-6:55, but it won't let me have Test Track at all. This doesn't make any sense, if there is room for three on Test Track, why isn't there room for two?

And why is it letting me have Soarin' for two people but not you?

If I knew how to do a screen shot I would show you!
hmm.. are you staying at a deluxe? Starting to wonder if they are "tier-ing" the fp+?

cbsav

Can you pull up FP+ for TSMM tomorrow on your app? I'm getting availability for every hour of the day for tomorrow, I'm wondering if you are seeing the same thing.

The plot thickens...I only have 1:30-4 and 6-7 available tomorrow.

hmm.. are you staying at a deluxe? Starting to wonder if they are "tier-ing" the fp+?
I don't have any hotel reservations right now. I have an AP and tested back in Aug, therefore i can make FP+ everyday from now until mid-dec.

awoogala

The plot thickens...I only have 1:30-4 and 6-7 available tomorrow.

I don't have any hotel reservations right now. I have an AP and tested back in Aug, therefore i can make FP+ everyday from now until mid-dec.

Just wondering. I am expecting the "tier" to happen at some point, where deluxes get a bit more magic than the mods or values. I am assuming ap'ers would not be on the top tier, either.

Pixie VaVoom

you know...there is a post in another area of the forums that asks "what would Walt think...?" I am pretty sure that he would not approve of any "tiering of the fastpass distribution". If you pay the same admission rates as other customers THEN you should have the same chance to ride as other customers. Those of you staying at the on site resorts already get extended hours !!!

stlphil

Mine Train opens sometime in 2014.
Avatarland opens sometime in 2017. Maybe.

Other than that, there are no new attractions currently being built or announced to be built in the future. It's gonna be awhile until new rides open, so we'll need to figure out how MM+ works with what we currently have.
My "Disney, build more attractions dammit!" comment was a poor attempt at sarcasm. Agree totally with your post.

awoogala

you know...there is a post in another area of the forums that asks "what would Walt think...?" I am pretty sure that he would not approve of any "tiering of the fastpass distribution". If you pay the same admission rates as other customers THEN you should have the same chance to ride as other customers. Those of you staying at the on site resorts already get extended hours !!!

I agree. But I do think so much of all the new systems point to this. Looks like preferential treatment is getting tiers. Look at Golden Oaks.. Tier 1... Deluxes, especially Poly/GF, Tier 2 , etc. I am thinking they thought they could manage to keep it under wraps if no ne "really" can see others getting their fp+ at the park, that no one would realize they were getting screwed on their choices. I am sure the DAC/GAS debacle was just a stepping stone so they can put it all on fp+ and no one will see why people are getting in the fp line. Everyone will start killing themselves to be sure they get to stay in a Disney hotel, etc.

Ok, I think I need to stop posting. I go in 28 days, and I am freaking out too much to post responsibly..lol Time for a margarita, and to go obsess over Harry Potter world!

donsullivan

Premium Member
So am I interpreting all of this correctly that Annual Passholders who are not visiting with a resort reservation are not eligible to book FastPass+ except after they arrive at one of the parks? If true, it seems I'll never be able to ride an E ticket attraction ever again.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

When we were there, they had CMs assigned to the kiosk and they were doing a good job of informing everyone. They were even coming out of the area to get guests and bring them to the kiosk.
Oh Okay. That must be something they are just starting to do because in September they weren't mentioning anything MM+ or about the kiosk to us with key cards.

wogwog

Why not? Rasulo said having these reservations helps the company open up your wallet. They don't care about locals or frequent visitors anyway. They care about once or twice in a lifetime, must have a perfect MAGICAL vacation and willing to spend $5000+ to do it visitors.
You figured out the ultimate goal of Disney. So you better watch out for black helicopters following you being piloted by a mouse.

DougK

Wow - thank you for this information! For those of us who intend to attempt to reserve FP+ at the 60-day (or whatever it ends up being) window, it's clear that the "competition" will be much like the current situation for table service ADRs. To paraphrase Mr. T., "I pity the foo' who tries to get Fastpass+ online after the 60-day mark." ;)

Maybe, just like they now just started doing with all table service dining reservations, they will implement a credit card charge of $10 per person for a Fastpass+ reservation to discourage people from booking FP+'s they don't use. They can get their $1 to $2 billion back in no time just from the $10 fees!

I agree. But I do think so much of all the new systems point to this. Looks like preferential treatment is getting tiers. Look at Golden Oaks.. Tier 1... Deluxes, especially Poly/GF, Tier 2 , etc. I am thinking they thought they could manage to keep it under wraps if no ne "really" can see others getting their fp+ at the park, that no one would realize they were getting screwed on their choices. I am sure the DAC/GAS debacle was just a stepping stone so they can put it all on fp+ and no one will see why people are getting in the fp line. Everyone will start killing themselves to be sure they get to stay in a Disney hotel, etc.

It does appear Disney is looking at how Universal operates. First, the DAS return time is similar to Universal's and now Disney seems to be following suit with respect to FOTL access via FP+ for only those staying onsite. So glad we go in the off season.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Just wondering. I am expecting the "tier" to happen at some point, where deluxes get a bit more magic than the mods or values. I am assuming ap'ers would not be on the top tier, either.

I expect you're right.

I also expect that parkhopper will be replaced with an even more expensive ticket add-on that allows you a larger number of FP+. Why give guests for free that which you can charge an arm-and-a-leg for, and get those "rich Manhattan moms" to snatch up?

Disvillain63

Oh Okay. That must be something they are just starting to do because in September they weren't mentioning anything MM+ or about the kiosk to us with key cards.
In September we couldn't use our APs for the kiosk, but we could in October. Also, they won't let you schedule more than 3 and only at one park. However, on that particular day, we were able to use our AP to get paper fastpasses at DHS in the morning...used them while there. Then transferred to Epcot and we were able to use the kiosk.

AndyGator

{Begin Rant}

What a headache. I can tell you the app and the website are garbage. I'll be there tomorrow through Sunday with FP+. Copying the FP+ I booked for my family over to my Dad and Brother was a royal pain. The app would show that we had the fp's but the website showed different results. Not to mention how slow both respond. A lot of times it just says, "unable to complete your request. Try again later." Oh, and I get to wear a super nerdy uncomfortable wristband, that seems to be made to fit only the wrists of 5 year olds.

The whole experience is getting less and less appealing. I don't want to plan each minute of my day 2 months in advance. At the same time running with the bulls at rope drop to Soarin is no fun either.

Honestly, are we going to have to make FastBathroom+ reservations soon? This is getting way out of hand. Thank you to all the people who took the surveys that led to this. "Would you like to be able to make fastpass reservations on your phone?" "Hell Ya!" Too bad they didn't realize what the fallout would be.

If they do implement a tiered caste system, I'm out.

{End Rant}

mbtohill

So am I interpreting all of this correctly that Annual Passholders who are not visiting with a resort reservation are not eligible to book FastPass+ except after they arrive at one of the parks? If true, it seems I'll never be able to ride an E ticket attraction ever again.

If you have an "active" AP you have full access to FP+ regardless of where you are staying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom