No Fantasmic Finale Riverboat for 2 - 3 weeks

Jakester

Original Poster
Hello ya'll. here at Fantasmic for shift tonight and I heard that the Character Finale Riverboat will be M.I.A for the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Assuming the alternative finale is going to used.

**Edit: It is confirmed 3weeks for repairs.

10:30p: I don't know if it was effective tomorrow, but the manager was telling us cast earlier. Sorry for any confusion.

9-3-2013 update: The Riverboat is officially out until the 30th tonight.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hello ya'll. here at Fantasmic for shift tonight and I heard that the Character Finale Riverboat will be M.I.A for the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Assuming the alternative finale is going to used.

**Edit: It is confirmed 3weeks for repairs.
Is the alternative just the characters on the mountain set like at DL?

The Visionary Soul

Thank goodness, that boat looked like it was going to sink. All the little popcorn lights were out on it, the fireworks that spin off the side haven't worked correctly in ages (they still work just fine at Disneyland, so it's not a safety issue, contrary to what some people in the show may say) and It looked like the cheapest pieces of plywood and PVC pipe they could find were holding it together. That barge that they made look like a riverboat needs all the help it can get. Heck, Fantasmic! needs all the help it can get. Half the pyro that exists in Disneyland's show has been cut from Florida's show for reasons that no one really understands.

armyfamilyof5

Seriously??? We are planning a special trip to DHS tomorrow just to see the show but it sounds like it's now worth it without a dragon or a riverboat.... so sad.....

mm52200

Thank goodness, that boat looked like it was going to sink. All the little popcorn lights were out on it, the fireworks that spin off the side haven't worked correctly in ages (they still work just fine at Disneyland, so it's not a safety issue, contrary to what some people in the show may say) and It looked like the cheapest pieces of plywood and PVC pipe they could find were holding it together. That barge that they made look like a riverboat needs all the help it can get. Heck, Fantasmic! needs all the help it can get. Half the pyro that exists in Disneyland's show has been cut from Florida's show for reasons that no one really understands.
The pyro situation with the riverboat I don't know for sure what the deal is with why it's the way it is, but that is the permanent position for the pyro off the side. The spinning mechanisms aren't even an option or so it looks like. However your comment about half the pyro in DL's show having been cut from WDW's isn't true. The only pyro missing are a few shells during the Sorcerer Mickey water screen segment but those haven't been there since the early 2000's. Everything else is there that's in DL.

Sunshine041213

This might be a dumb question, but how to they stage the final confrontation without the dragon?
Maleficent stays out.

The Sorcerer Mickey mist screen segment pyro was cut after a shell landed in the bushes in House 1 and caused a small fire a few years back.

And Vivian (the dragon) is always acting up, she has a tendency to be temperamental.

@Jakester do they still let you ride the lifts during training or have they stopped that too? Back in my days, that was the most fun part of training, letting the newbies ride the lifts. That mountain lift and Maleficent decent were TERRIFYING lol

Jakester

Original Poster
Maleficent stays out.

The Sorcerer Mickey mist screen segment pyro was cut after a shell landed in the bushes in House 1 and caused a small fire a few years back.

And Vivian (the dragon) is always acting up, she has a tendency to be temperamental.

@Jakester do they still let you ride the lifts during training or have they stopped that too? Back in my days, that was the most fun part of training, letting the newbies ride the lifts. That mountain lift and Maleficent decent were TERRIFYING lol
Unfortunately I only get to visit Fantasmic off the Extra Hours, Im in Park Event Operations Food and Beverage for the festivals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom