No Fantasmic Finale Riverboat for 2 - 3 weeks

James122

Maleficent stays out.

Ah, that makes sense. Having seen Fantasmic in both Orlando and Anaheim, I've always wondered what the plan B was if there were technical difficulties with the dragon.The day I saw it in Disneyland there were rumors the dragon wouldn't make an appearace because of problems - thankfully they turned out to be false.

Also this might be a little off-topic, but I heard rumors that in both editions of Fantasmic, Maleficent is actually played by a man due to some kind of costuming issue. It might be totally bogus, but I wonder if anyone else has heard it.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Ah, that makes sense. Having seen Fantasmic in both Orlando and Anaheim, I've always wondered what the plan B was if there were technical difficulties with the dragon.The day I saw it in Disneyland there were rumors the dragon wouldn't make an appearace because of problems - thankfully they turned out to be false.

Also this might be a little off-topic, but I heard rumors that in both editions of Fantasmic, Maleficent is actually played by a man due to some kind of costuming issue. It might be totally bogus, but I wonder if anyone else has heard it.
I heard that it was because the costume is heavy.

rangerbob

Thank goodness, that boat looked like it was going to sink. All the little popcorn lights were out on it, the fireworks that spin off the side haven't worked correctly in ages (they still work just fine at Disneyland, so it's not a safety issue, contrary to what some people in the show may say) and It looked like the cheapest pieces of plywood and PVC pipe they could find were holding it together. That barge that they made look like a riverboat needs all the help it can get. Heck, Fantasmic! needs all the help it can get. Half the pyro that exists in Disneyland's show has been cut from Florida's show for reasons that no one really understands.

Please let it sink. Maybe then they will build a real boat instead of the piece of joke that we have. I was at DL about a month ago and as I was watching their show I was shaking my head and saying that DHS show is just garbage.

GiveMeTheMusic

Maleficent is played by a man, both for height and costume weight reasons.

TP2000

I was at DL about a month ago and as I was watching their show I was shaking my head and saying that DHS show is just garbage.

Well, "garbage" is a bit of a strong word to describe the DHS Fantasmic! in comparison to the Disneyland Fantasmic!. :)

But let's just say there is apparently a different mindset between how TDO views Fantasmic! at DHS and how TDA views Fantasmic! at Disneyland.

GiveMeTheMusic

Well, "garbage" is a bit of a strong word to describe the DHS Fantasmic! in comparison to the Disneyland Fantasmic!. :)

But let's just say there is apparently a different mindset between how TDO views Fantasmic! at DHS and how TDA views Fantasmic! at Disneyland.

I like the part in the DHS show when the white people shoot the Indians off the cliffs. It's maaaaaaaaaagical!

dave&di

We saw Fantasmic last night, I didn't know the boats went being used. The finale is a let down, characters on the stage waving streamers in different directions!!! Wow!!!!

I guess it's fair enough that things need maintenance though.

Jakester

Original Poster
We saw Fantasmic last night, I didn't know the boats went being used. The finale is a let down, characters on the stage waving streamers in different directions!!! Wow!!!!

I guess it's fair enough that things need maintenance though.
In my opinion, they just need to rebuild the current infrastructure and add a new scene.

mm52200

The thing I don't understand about the alternate finale is that half of the characters that appear on the boat don't come out on the island...there's plenty of space for them all. Also in this video Minnie seems to need a little help on her choreography....

sponono88

The thing I don't understand about the alternate finale is that half of the characters that appear on the boat don't come out on the island...there's plenty of space for them all. Also in this video Minnie seems to need a little help on her choreography....

Oh.

For starters, the dance routine should start as soon as they walk out - why are they wandering aimlessly in the beginning. Characters need more energy, choreography isn't very sharp or coordinated. Bigger arm movements! Also, it's a big stage - they need a few more characters up there.

And why are Mary and Bert just standing around waving? :oops:

Just for comparison's sake, here is DL's alternate finale..

Last edited:

mm52200

Oh.

For starters, the dance routine should start as soon as they walk out - why are they wandering aimlessly in the beginning. It's a big stage, they need more characters to fill it up. Characters need more energy, choreography isn't very sharp or coordinated. Bigger arm movements! And why are Mary and Bert just standing around waving? :oops:

Just for comparison's sake, here is DL's alternate finale..

Mary and Bert along with the Pocahontas characters are just waving because that's what they do on the boat normally, they don't have ribbon wands. I'm confused by the wandering too and why they don't have all the characters from the boat present. The 7 dwarfs, Belle, Beast, Lilo, Stitch, Baloo, Rafiki, Pinnochio, Gepetto, Brer Bear, Ariel and Eric are all usually on the boat and missing here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom