No Expiration Tix Need To Be Across The Board

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
When WDW reopens, many are saying temperature tests maybe even a COVID test will be required before being admitted. If this is the case and people will be turned away, seems to me Disney should consider making all tickets have no date restrictions and at least a year or two of Expiration.

JIMINYCR

Seems reasonable enough. Spending money on something that cant be used is going to be money thrown away. I'd hate to be turned away because of a possible aberrant temperature reading.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When WDW reopens, many are saying temperature tests maybe even a COVID test will be required before being admitted. If this is the case and people will be turned away, seems to me Disney should consider making all tickets have no date restrictions and at least a year or two of Expiration.
I don’t know if you heard...but they specifically all but eliminated no expiration tickets over a 5-10 year period.

They have no interest in them anymore

Jon81uk

If you are turned away before the turnstile then it doesn't matter what the expiry of remaining days are on the ticket if you never got to use it in the first place!

Phonedave

Depending on how phased openings go, there may have to be a return to no-expiration (or some sort of grace period).

Aside from being turned away because you have a fever, parks may have limited capacity to increase social distancing. In that case there would also be a greater chance of being turned away due to capacity issues. If Disney starts to have significant numbers of people who cannot use their tickets, I suspect they will enact soem sort of extension or grace period on the tickets purely for customer relations reasons.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What you're describing is different than the thread title.

I'm sure we'll see something along the lines of expiration dates extending 24 months from the original date of expiration or something like that. That's different than "no expiration."

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
People with date specific tickets aren't going to be turned away, that's the whole point of them. If you're only going to be admitting 10,000 people on a given day, you only sell 10,000 tickets.
Missing my point, if I am turned away, because my temp is reading 100 that day not because of capacity issues. But while we are on the subject lso...haven't some of those tix been sold long before the restrictions? How does a park hopper work, they sold 10k tickets but they are not park specific .

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

If you are turned away before the turnstile then it doesn't matter what the expiry of remaining days are on the ticket if you never got to use it in the first place!

Is that true? I thought you bought for specific days now which is where the scaled pricing comes in.

In addition, what if I bought a 10-day ticket and on day 2 my temperature shows slightly high? I think that 10-day ticket expires in 14 days after the first use.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is that true? I thought you bought for specific days now which is where the scaled pricing comes in.

In addition, what if I bought a 10-day ticket and on day 2 my temperature shows slightly high? I think that 10-day ticket expires in 14 days after the first use.
He’s saying tickets don’t activate till fist use

Kyledychchi

Through a UK operator I had an option to pay the final balance off my tickets within a week at the start of April if I wished to extend the expiration date to the end of 2021, as it’s a Universal and WDW combined deal, the former of the 2 didn’t require the balance paid early, the ticket had been extended to the end of 2021 regardless. Good of Universal to automatically extend the ticket but poor showing to be given a weeks notice at the start of April for final balance payment from Disney when I’m not flying until September.

MurphyJoe

I could see Disney handing people a card to take with them to Guest Services for a ticket expiration extension if they're being turned away due to fever. If Disney decided to bring back the no expiration tickets there's going to be a nice price premium for the no expiration option.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think they’ll turn away people for temperature...nor require masks in Florida. Both are a hard sell.

But as to no expiration tickets...not only because they loathe the idea...because they were “appalled” at the idea that someone who paid $47 per day on a park hopper plus in 2002 could enter the stagnant $103 Epcot in 2015...

But their agenda under this management has clearly moved towards maximizing ever second and max cost. Block pricing has long been the suspicion. You buy “hours”...not “days”.

To set that up...daily pre-selection of park would be a pre-requisite.

So if the doctrine is “never let a good crisis go to waste”...then they could use this as an opportunity to pre sellout individual parks on each day. Could...in theory. Truly dynamic pricing as well.

“The people will never go for it...” - you say?

Well...got some history of the last 10 years to tell you on that one. Gutless consumer behavior is always “rewarded”.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I could see Disney handing people a card to take with them to Guest Services for a ticket expiration extension if they're being turned away due to fever. If Disney decided to bring back the no expiration tickets there's going to be a nice price premium for the no expiration option.
So, people we suspect of being sick are going to be told to get in another line and then deal with a customer service person? I don't see that.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I don’t think they’ll turn away people for temperature...nor require masks in Florida. Both are a hard sell.

But as to no expiration tickets...not only because they loathe the idea...because they were “appalled” at the idea that someone who paid $47 per day on a park hopper plus in 2002 could enter the stagnant $103 Epcot in 2015...

But their agenda under this management has clearly moved towards maximizing ever second and max cost. Block pricing has long been the suspicion. You buy “hours”...not “days”.

To set that up...daily pre-selection of park would be a pre-requisite.

So if the doctrine is “never let a good crisis go to waste”...then they could use this as an opportunity to pre sellout individual parks on each day. Could...in theory. Truly dynamic pricing as well.

“The people will never go for it...” - you say?

Well...got some history of the last 10 years to tell you on that one. Gutless consumer behavior is always “rewarded”.
Ok here is the thing, throw out all the talk about the way they have done business the last 10 years talk. They are in an unprecedented bind right now, how many tickets are they selling right now? Probably next to zero.
But, if you tell the public, right now through say June 1 you can buy a non park hopper ticket, 1 to 7 days with no expiration date, or even 3 to 5 year expiration date, they will be selling tickets tomorrow like hot cakes, and that is money in the company that they otherwise don't have. It also ensures future trips are booked, and if they aren't well they got your money anyway. They could make the purchase tied to a specific name so they aren't resold in anyway.
Remember ticket prices have raised because the crowds have made it feasible to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom