No Expiration Tix Need To Be Across The Board

erstwo

Also if they reject you at the park...are you ok to go back to one of their hotels?
That’s what I’m saying...it’s a slippery slope you can’t start down.

Who makes sure you aren’t “contaminated” before you show up and check in to a $10,000 package?

TSA at the Pittsburgh International Airport?

I don’t see anyway they can hold the line on denying entry...even if intentions are good.

Rapid covid test at the bag check? Ok...let’s see it.

But an infrared thermometer reading of 99.2 at 10 am on July 24th when it’s already 89 degrees?

I’m not against any precautions...I just can’t go with support of things that make no sense.

There will be a lot of risks with traveling for many months to come. As we saw when countries first started shutting down, things can change rapidly with the rules/ restrictions concerning COVID-19.

At one time, even if you had no temperature or symptoms- Hawaii required every out of state visitor to quarantine for two weeks before leaving their hotel room for the first time. 2 weeks earlier - no restrictions at all. Imagine arriving in Hawaii on the first day of that restriction and realizing you’d have to not only spend your entire week long vacation in your room, but also might be on the hook for paying for an additional week of hotel expenses. 😱

What if Florida were to suddenly enact a ‘you have a temperature? You stay in your home/ room for a week’ requirement? (Don’t think they will, based on the past restrictions but imagine). Mandatory additional nights at a Disney hotel at rack rates? That could add up fast.

In my opinion - Risk Management just became a more major factor in leisure travel. I will definitely evaluate the risk before traveling until we have a clear path with this disease.

Last edited:

thomas998

I dont think you have to worry about racial bias suits due to overheating being an issue. All skin gets the same kind of hot since most heat soaked in by sun rays is from infrared radiation, which effects light and dark skin the same.
I'm not so sure about that, I remember in some class where they discussed the different effect of sunlight on light and dark skin that the light skin allow rays to go deeper than the darker skin, if the rays are going deeper then you would think the heat from those rays would be deeper beneath the skin. And while the visible light isn't the part that is responsible for all the heat from sunlight, it does turn into some heat in which case the light more reflective skin should be sending back a bit more than the darker skin. Makes me wonder if anyone has ever done a test on it to actually see.

BASS

I'm not so sure about that, I remember in some class where they discussed the different effect of sunlight on light and dark skin that the light skin allow rays to go deeper than the darker skin, if the rays are going deeper then you would think the heat from those rays would be deeper beneath the skin. And while the visible light isn't the part that is responsible for all the heat from sunlight, it does turn into some heat in which case the light more reflective skin should be sending back a bit more than the darker skin. Makes me wonder if anyone has ever done a test on it to actually see.

I suspect that Disney would have to have an area for further testing by more advanced medical professionals to determine whether any temperature is a result of temporary physical activity, sun exposure, etc. or an actual temperature.

This is why I think the idea isn't practicable. The amount of money to sink in for something that appears illusory doesn't seem warranted.

Bpmorley

I totally agree that they should extend tickets in cases of the person have a high temp. Although it won't matter to me, I won't be going if they're taking temp and asking people to wear masks. I haven't worn a mask yet, not about to start now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom